Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:

According to Parcells’ board Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill has a late first-round grade. He’s the third best quarterback in the draft, behind Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III.

Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler is the fourth best quarterback on his board, and Parcells has a late second-round grade on him. Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins also has a late second-round grade.

Parcells has Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden with a mid-third round grade, and he’s the final quarterback on the Draft Confidential board.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... o-you.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If Tannehill is there at #8 Miami must take him! You can't read too much into draft boards and projections man. Every teams draft board is completely different!

I wont trade up for Tannehill, but I also wont trade down and risk taking him later. Pick him at #8 and don't blow this one!

Adam Schefter is usually spot on and he had this to say:

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter "doesn't get the sense" that the Browns will consider Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill at No. 4 overall.

Schefter wrote this in an online Q & A, and said similar things on the early edition of SportsCenter Thursday: "(They) really like Colt McCoy," he said. "It doesn't look like they're interested in Ryan Tannehill with the No. 4 pick." Schefter tentatively expects Tannehill to be available for Miami at No. 8.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

This is not the WR position we are talking about -- where you have a deep class and even find gems in later rounds -- no this is the QB position! We have the possibility of grabbing the 3rd best QB in the draft with that much upside. You have to pull the trigger if you are Miami.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

You tell me that we are taking a QB that has a late 2nd or 3rd round grade, then that wouldn't be wise. But taking a player that has a "late first-round grade" at #8 is not reaching!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

What was the board saying just before the Pat White pick?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:11 pm 

FINesse wrote:

"Hey I'm fast!"

I loved Pat White by the way... a real shame it all fell apart for him.

Anyways, the more I watch on this Tannehill kid the more I like him... to the point where I'll probably be disappointed if we don't take him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:

:yay: :yay: :yay: You beat me to it. I wonder where Henne, Patrick Turner & Shawn Murphy graded out on "the board". Haven't we already tried several years of drafting from Parcell's board?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:49 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

:)

At the time I actually liked the pick. He looked to be a real playmaker. In fact, a lot of the NFL analysts liked the pick as well and there were rumors that the Patriots were going to draft him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

:)

At the time I actually liked the pick. He looked to be a real playmaker. In fact, a lot of the NFL analysts liked the pick as well and there were rumors that the Patriots were going to draft him.

He was just another example of the coaching staff ruining players. He may never have been a great player, or even a good quarterback. But had they brought him in as the jet back in motion, rather than the WC QB, and moved him left as a run/pass option rather than up the gut....he could have been a nice little addition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:21 pm 

after Ike Taylor , he was done. That hit was brutal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I could care less about what Parcells says. Parcells is a goon that doesn't understand the quarterback position. If he did we'd have Matt Ryan right now and all of his buddies he picked to run the team like Tony Sparano would probably still have their jobs. Parcells took what was a golden opportunity on a can't miss franchise quarterback and he blew it. A franchise quarterback trumps all, everybody knows that.
If Tannehill has the stuff to be a franchise quaterback, then I'm sorry but the Dolphins should pull out all the stops and go get this kid. If we have to trade up so be it. Franchise quarterbacks are very hard to come by, and if this is our shot at getting one for Philbin and his group then we need to do it. We cannot fail Philbin like we did Sparano and ignore the quarterback position again. If Tannehill has the stuff to be great, then we need to get him, period.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]