Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: A projected solid spring
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

http://www.extra-point.net/mock-draft/........... I like the mock they have mustarded up thus far. Plus, this is a change of thread. I'm tired of all the negative and how the phins are horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Link doesn't work, but if it had Tannehill and we land him, all this crap will be forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:
Link doesn't work, but if it had Tannehill and we land him, all this crap will be forgotten.

http://www.extra-point.net/mock-draft

try the link I just posted and yes it did have Tannehill as the pick.....with Browns taking Trent Richardson at #4.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:54 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Do you honstley think Tannehill is our answer? He is by no means an immediate starter, but he does have potential. Maybe sit behind Moore/Garrard for a year. I trust Sherman's vision on the kid though for obvious reasons just as I did with Philbin in the Flynn decision.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

All I gotta say is the people who are lambasting those frustrated with Ireland right now and saying we shouldn't be mad because the draft hasn't happened yet and FA isn't over and we don't know if Manning or Flynn or RGIII will turn out better not come out saying "I told you so" if we draft Tannehill. Even if we do draft him, do you honestly think he's a better prospect than Flynn, Manning, or RGIII? He'd be a second rounder if Barkley or Jones or both came out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:33 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

TheBigFish wrote:
All I gotta say is the people who are lambasting those frustrated with Ireland right now and saying we shouldn't be mad because the draft hasn't happened yet and FA isn't over and we don't know if Manning or Flynn or RGIII will turn out better not come out saying "I told you so" if we draft Tannehill.

No one is lambasting anyone for being frustrated with Ireland.

People are being lambasted for posting the same thing over and over and starting 20 threads about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:46 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:
TheBigFish wrote:
All I gotta say is the people who are lambasting those frustrated with Ireland right now and saying we shouldn't be mad because the draft hasn't happened yet and FA isn't over and we don't know if Manning or Flynn or RGIII will turn out better not come out saying "I told you so" if we draft Tannehill.

No one is lambasting anyone for being frustrated with Ireland.

People are being lambasted for posting the same thing over and over and starting 20 threads about it.

True, I digress. But most people's arguments against the FIRELAND people are that he has some kind of plan and wasn't completely sold on the QBs we supposedly so badly wanted, and we don't know how they'll turn out anyway. But then those people say we still have the opportunity to draft Tannehil and imply that if we do that will be their victory. Not being specific to anyone, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Do you honstley think Tannehill is our answer? He is by no means an immediate starter, but he does have potential. Maybe sit behind Moore/Garrard for a year. I trust Sherman's vision on the kid though for obvious reasons just as I did with Philbin in the Flynn decision.

I've been around football long enough to know that no one really knows until they buckle chin straps in the fall. Marino was the 6th QB drafted. Brady went in the 6th round. The bottom line is Miami needs to make a good educated guess when they throw resources at the problem. Tannehill is big, athletic and has a strong arm. Whether that translates into success, no one knows either way. Same can be said of RGIII and Flynn. Even a surgically repaired Manning is no guarantee. One good hit and they'll be into their second string QB before you can say fire Ireland. My approach has always been bring in as many people as you can to fix the problem...until it gets fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is the first I've heard of Jake Long wanting to test the free agency waters next year. I certainly hope that is not true. I think if your afraid that you won't be able to keep the guy, you trade him for a first rounder and draft his replacement with that pick.

I also think the Browns would be dumb to pass on Tannehill only to take a RB in the top ten. There are so many talented backs found now days later in the draft, I would never (myself) draft a back in the top ten unless I had no other legitimate holes to fill.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]