All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

Should Ross Fire Ireland
Yes 33%  33%  [ 11 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 22 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lets make a bit of a poll here so we know if we're all on the same page or not. I for one am all in on the firing on Jeff Ireland, and realize that the vast majority of the fanbase is on board as well. Voice your opinions here on the matter, and if you think otherwise, state why Ireland should remain in his role. He is enterting his last year of contract in the 2012 season, so the moment of truth will come sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We are calling it, FIRELAND !!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Yes, I think the only way the media can make this team look any worse is for them to put a new spin on this sad subject....

Unless Ross has someone impressive lined up to take over, it would be a bad move on his part.

He picked Ireland to run the team, let him run it and re-evaluate the decision in Jan 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ugh, really, another Ireland thread... yeah this isn't gonna get old....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
He picked Ireland to run the team, let him run it and re-evaluate the decision in Jan 2013.

I think Ireland was a Parcells pick wasn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:30 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

IamPZ wrote:

Boring me to death.

I voted "no". Give him 2012 to build upon 2011. You can't crap out a franchise quarterback. Which one did he miss that he should have gotten?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:

I have yet to see an Ireland poll. I apologize for not scanning through hundreds of threads to see if one already existed. My bad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wow....the existing poll on the Dolphins.com forum is 18 votes in favor of firing Ireland, compared to 1 in favor of keeping him. Interesting bunch here, I must say.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:

Certain posters are very obsessive compulsive.

Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I say no to firing Ireland. I want to see how the draft goes this year for sure, and I want to see if he is able to bring in pieces that will help Philbin and Sherman run their offense in MIA this upcoming season.

I liked that BMarshall was moved, though not initially, because I understand that a #1 WR is not a necessity with their offense and that he was a headache in the locker room and huddle. Was hoping for more than 2 3rd rounders, but I guess that is all that could be had for him.

I like that a vet qb was brought in to compete and I expect a qb to be drafted in either round 1 or 2 of this years draft. Not sure who it will be but anxious to find out who it is and how they'll go about getting him.

I liked that Soliai was brought back for 2 more seasons at an outstanding price and that Richard Marshall was acquired to help in the secondary.

I was hoping for Winston to sign, but I'm thinking someone already on the roster will probably end up starting at RG(Jerry, Murtha) and a RT maybe drafted this year, or vice versa.

The whole Manning/Flynn/Smith thing has been blown way out of proportion by the media imo. There were 12 teams interested in Manning and he chose 1, but for some reason MIA is the only ones that screwed that up, really? Philbin did not stand up for Flynn cause he must not have believed him to be a Franchise guy, so they didn't sign him. Smith they probably brought in to kick the tires and see if he could be had as a stop-gap(just like SF is using him now, they are prepping their future qb named Kaepernick). So they ended up with Garrard as their stop-gap qb while they draft their future qb in April.

Not upset about Langford going, he is getting $6mil/yr I think and he has not produced that type of salary to me. Happy he got the payday he was looking for though.

Bell was a surprise, didn't see that one coming because we keep hearing how the young db's struggle with the mental part of the game and that YB helps keep them in the correct spots. Maybe the new DC is looking to educate them so they are not relying on one guy anymore? The talent is there to replace YB cause he would get beat daily in coverage, so my only concern is with the current group being able to cut down on the mental mistakes.

That's about it for the facts, or at least all I can think of right now.

Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Wow....the existing poll on the Dolphins.com forum is 18 votes in favor of firing Ireland, compared to 1 in favor of keeping him. Interesting bunch here, I must say.

Who gives a crap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 am 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I have yet to see an Ireland poll. I apologize for not scanning through hundreds of threads to see if one already existed. My bad.

You should be apologizing for beating a dead horse and trying to force others to have your views.... May not be another poll, but there are plenty of threads. Let your thoughts be known there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Go join that forum, then....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who gives a crap.

On what regards?

-And let me get this straight. I am NOT for firing Ireland right now. That would be the most ill advised mistake we could make this offseason, I am talking about after the draft goes, and when we see the players materialze on the field. After we see the progress, but if it does not go down well, I am all for firing him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am on that forum as well as a matter of fact.

Wow, this is astonishing. You guys want to shun a forum member just for voicing an opinion that combats yours? You guys must be better than everyone else, I sincerely apoligze for whatever crime I commited against this fantastic, warming community.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

keebler_kahn wrote:
I say no to firing Ireland. I want to see how the draft goes this year for sure, and I want to see if he is able to bring in pieces that will help Philbin and Sherman run their offense in MIA this upcoming season.

I liked that BMarshall was moved, though not initially, because I understand that a #1 WR is not a necessity with their offense and that he was a headache in the locker room and huddle. Was hoping for more than 2 3rd rounders, but I guess that is all that could be had for him.

I like that a vet qb was brought in to compete and I expect a qb to be drafted in either round 1 or 2 of this years draft. Not sure who it will be but anxious to find out who it is and how they'll go about getting him.

I liked that Soliai was brought back for 2 more seasons at an outstanding price and that Richard Marshall was acquired to help in the secondary.

I was hoping for Winston to sign, but I'm thinking someone already on the roster will probably end up starting at RG(Jerry, Murtha) and a RT maybe drafted this year, or vice versa.

The whole Manning/Flynn/Smith thing has been blown way out of proportion by the media imo. There were 12 teams interested in Manning and he chose 1, but for some reason MIA is the only ones that screwed that up, really? Philbin did not stand up for Flynn cause he must not have believed him to be a Franchise guy, so they didn't sign him. Smith they probably brought in to kick the tires and see if he could be had as a stop-gap(just like SF is using him now, they are prepping their future qb named Kaepernick). So they ended up with Garrard as their stop-gap qb while they draft their future qb in April.

Not upset about Langford going, he is getting $6mil/yr I think and he has not produced that type of salary to me. Happy he got the payday he was looking for though.

Bell was a surprise, didn't see that one coming because we keep hearing how the young db's struggle with the mental part of the game and that YB helps keep them in the correct spots. Maybe the new DC is looking to educate them so they are not relying on one guy anymore? The talent is there to replace YB cause he would get beat daily in coverage, so my only concern is with the current group being able to cut down on the mental mistakes.

That's about it for the facts, or at least all I can think of right now.

That is a model member right there. Not someone who finds it offensive when a fellow fan voices an opinion different from theirs. This guy actually has sense and posts a logical reason as why to NOT fire Ireland. He is going against what I said, but I pat him on the back for actually joining in on the debate...not acting all bitter and salty, and saying, "then go join that forum", or "who gives a crap". Is a debate on this forum not negotitable? Is it non existent? Or shall I be shunned by these "Phinfever VIPs" just for starting a topic with a debate to let other members voice their opinions? I sincerely apologize, but kudos to you keebler_kahn for actually having some sense and joining in, and for voicing your opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The fans here know better. Trust me. I've been to games with Rich, Mitch and some other fans from this site. The typical fan in MIA knows nothing about foitball. They are the idiots texting, going to club Liv, and cheering everytime they show Marc Anthony or Jaylo on the big screen. Of course they want Ireland fired.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Wow, this is astonishing. You guys want to shun a forum member just for voicing an opinion that combats yours? You guys must be better than everyone else, I sincerely apoligze for whatever crime I commited against this fantastic, warming community.

Great point afceast, if they dont like ur honesty here, they tell you to leave and hate and insult you... Just about everything I brought up here (like how Henne sucks as a QB) , have been pretty accurate. But if some of these moderators dont like what i say, its a crime..!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

The fans here know better. Trust me. I've been to games with Rich, Mitch and some other fans from this site. The typical fan in MIA knows nothing about foitball. They are the idiots texting, going to club Liv, and cheering everytime they show Marc Anthony or Jaylo on the big screen. Of course they want Ireland fired.

Okay listen...by no means am I one of those "fans" who is all in for Jennifer Lopez. I want a winning football team, and Lombardi trophies stacked up on top of each other. I should have retitled this poll to something on the regards of not bringing him back after his contract expires. I knew it expired after the upcoming season, but did not think about it while writing the poll. I know how catastophic and ignorant it'd be to get an entirely new GM right at this point. I realize that we need to wait and watch the product materialize on the field, but I am happy he is entering his last year. He definitely needs to prove himself none the less.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mak, you forgot the drunk Dolphin fan crowd that does that fins to the left and fins to the right its the only game in town as they simulate a fin over their head!

Sorry AFCMiamiEast, I think what some are saying to you is that bringing the Ireland topic up in the manner to which you did is just a tiring discussion.

In my view to the world, NONE of us knows really how Ireland does behind closed doors and the guy has done some good things, so I don't take any of this personally as a die hard fan. I say let the free agency and draft play out first and give him the opportunity to see this through, then maybe based on that we can have further discussions over his ability to pick talent for this upcoming season.

No one is crucifying you though, so keep posting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I said no. While I am disappointed we haven't gotten some of the free agents that have come through the door this year, I think he done a decent job over the last year and a half. I would say as the very least you have to give him another draft and full season to really judge his value.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

LA Fins Fan wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Great point afceast, if they dont like ur honesty here, they tell you to leave and hate and insult you... Just about everything I brought up here (like how Henne sucks as a QB) , have been pretty accurate. But if some of these moderators dont like what i say, its a crime..!!!

AFC, sorry if the crowd was a bit snippy, I think lots of us are tiring of the over-reaction and inflamatory negative spin that much of the media, too many fans and so many posters are exhibiting. "Woe is me! All is lost in Dolphinland! Woe is me! Fire everyone!" It's a lynch mob mentality, and it is ridiculous. That's not to comment on your post, just the mood of some of us.
You took the brunt for it because it seemed like one more among too many of those kinds of posts. That doesn't mean it's not a valid discussion to have.

As for LA, I have to say that much of what he posts seems like he's picking a fight, and it's over the top and ultra-critical. That's my take. I'm sure he will have much he will want to say in response, which I will ignore.

:grin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Jeff Ireland Fired "Say I"

Quote:
Lets make a bit of a poll here so we know if we're all on the same page or not. I for one am all in on the firing on Jeff Ireland, and realize that the vast majority of the fanbase is on board as well.

Quote:
-And let me get this straight. I am NOT for firing Ireland right now. That would be the most ill advised mistake we could make this offseason, I am talking about after the draft goes, and when we see the players materialze on the field. After we see the progress, but if it does not go down well, I am all for firing him.

To me these seem to indicate two different positions?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
AFC, sorry if the crowd was a bit snippy, I think lots of us are tiring of the over-reaction and inflamatory negative spin that much of the media, too many fans and so many posters are exhibiting. "Woe is me! All is lost in Dolphinland! Woe is me! Fire everyone!" It's a lynch mob mentality, and it is ridiculous. That's not to comment on your post, just the mood of some of us.

That's pretty much it, so, I would like to encourage everyone to try to calm things down a bit. Right now a lot of us do not like that the national media is picking on our beloved Dolphins and our fans are following suit. There seems to be an attitude that no matter what the Dolphins do, no matter that other teams are doing the same thing, criticizing us seems to be the "IN" thing.

If we can't be civil we'll have to give members a "time out";) We did it at the end of last season to some of our own staff, so, we aren't picking on anyone.

We'll survive this and the we'll survive this season no matter how it pans out.

BTW, whomever created this logo is pretty darn creative (even if I do not agree at this moment)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Might as well fire the coaching staff, too....considering we're judging the team before it even gets onto the field. You fire Jeff, and that says "Well, he failed at getting any good players on this team, therefore this season is lost." It's March. I don't agree with what they are doing right now, but that doesn't mean they can't turn it around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

i didn't shun anyone. AFC, I love your posts bro, I by no means put you in that catagory. You are a "true" fan, like most people here. SOrry for the confusion.

they tell you to leave and hate and insult you... Just about everything I brought up here (like how Henne sucks as a QB) , have been pretty accurate. But if some of these moderators dont like what i say, its a crime..!!!

What the hell are you talking about LA? Who insulted you? THe only insult I have read is you calling Rich a dumbass. The post is being reviewed BTW. Again, who insulted you? I'm a mod, when did I say I don't "like what you say"? If even if I did, who cares? You still post you opinion and that's what this forum is about. No one has to like what you say. You act we are all out to get you, if we were, you would be gone bro....stop being so dramatic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:42 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
You guys want to shun a forum member just for voicing an opinion that combats yours?

Don't even try that crap.

You're welcome to have any opinion you want, but you seem bothered by the fact that so many here disagree with you, so it is YOU who wants to shun the differing opinions by pointing out what opinions are on another forum.

Here's a clue. WE DON'T CARE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don't even try that crap.

You're welcome to have any opinion you want, but you seem bothered by the fact that so many here disagree with you, so it is YOU who wants to shun the differing opinions by pointing out what opinions are on another forum.

Here's a clue. WE DON'T CARE.

Wow...you really are angry aren't you? I will debunk your little theory that I am "mad becaue other opinions differ" right now. Did you not read my post when I congratulated one member for differing from me, but actually debating and not acting childish like you did, and still seem to be? I am not continuing this argument because it is senseless, but everyone else obviously has gotten the picutre..but you. I don't know what vendetta you may have against me, but whatever it is, this was all for debate. Not to try and convince another member to leave just because I have a different train of thought bud.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Wow...you really are angry aren't you?

Yes, totally pissed off. I'm the one screaming that it is the end of the world and everyone should be fired. I'm REALLY FRIKKIN ANGRY.

Quote:
I will debunk your little theory that I am "made becaue other opinions differ" right now. Did you not read my post when I congratulated one member for differing from me, but actually debating and not acting childish like you did, and still seem to be?

No, I've read enough of your posts to know most aren't worth reading.

Quote:
I am not continuing this argument because it is senseless, but everyone else obviously has gotten the picutre..but you. I don't know what vendetta you may have against me, but whatever it is, this was all for debate.

Yes, I have a vendetta against you, that's it. You like to play the victim card quite a bit I see.

Quote:
Not to convince another member to leave just because I have a different train of thought bud.

Not trying to convince you to leave, but you reference how fans feel on another forum versus this one to imply something is wrong with the people here, so if you feel that way, it is a free country, go where you feel most comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am sorry, but this guys lightening fast reaction to a solo post of mine is laughable. Did I ever say they are better over there? There are more knowledgable fans on here from my experience here since January. But you...you are definitely another species when it comes to overreacting, I will give you that lmao.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am sorry, but this guys lightening fast reaction to a solo post of mine is laughable.

Not a solo post, but a pattern of posting. Just because I chose to respond now doesn't mean I haven't read previous posts and noticed a consistent dispositional pattern in them.

Quote:
Did I ever say they are better over there?

No, which is why I used the word imply. Let me know if you need a link to the meaning.

Quote:
But you...you are definitely another species when it comes to overreacting, I will give you that lmao.

Yes, coming from the guy who says it is the end of the world and everyone should be fired one week into free agency. But I am the one overreacting.

Oh the irony.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yes, coming from the guy who says it is the end of the world and everyone should be fired one week into free agency. But I am the one overreacting.

Hey Richie bud...can you quote me on that statement you said above? Can you? I don't recall saying that, or even implying it like many doomsdayer Dolphin fans have. Don't recall that at all bud. Lol, you're the ultimate troll right now. This random aggression came out of nowhere, and I appreciate the understanding of the others posters...much love to you fans, but this guy right here...your replies are very entertaining, and there so enlighten my day. I look forward to your next erratic response!

:yay:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Hey Richie bud...can you quote me on that statement you said above? Can you? I don't recall saying that, or even implying it like many doomsdayer Dolphin fans have. Don't recall that at all bud. Lol, you're the ultimate troll right now. This random aggression came out of nowhere, and I appreciate the understanding of the others posters...much love to you fans, but this guy right here...your replies are very entertaining, and there so enlighten my day. I look forward to your next erratic response!

:yay:

Quote:
We're on the same team guys...right? This ALL CAPS RAGE is a bit unnecessary. We all have two things in common. We're Dolfans. And we want Ireland gone. Sound about right? Good.

I do apologize if I somehow misinterpretted this post in another thread to mean that you want Ireland fired.

I guess my English is so poor that I can't comprehend what I am reading.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Curious, what is interesting about this bunch compared to the others you mention?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

There is the Rich we all know.

This thread is pretty pointless and obviously an emotional reaction to what the media is clamoring for. In case you didn't realize it, they like drama and its sells newspapers.

Jeff Ireland had one offseason where Parcells wasn't looking over his shoulder. He had to get an OC no one else wanted because the idiot owner grandstanded in his quest for Harbaugh and hurt the team's image. So lets see what Ireland accomplished in his last offseason:

Found a QB who ranked in the top 10 in rating and can keep this team competitive instead of trading a pick and guaranteeing 30 million to current Dallas backup Kyle Orton.

Got Reggie Bush for cheap who ends up having a 1000 yard season and lives up to his hype

Drafted what could be the next great center with a sensible 1st round choice

Grabbed a flex back in Clay who as a rookie proved to be a nice receiving threat

Added a nice upgrade over Channing Crowder with Keving Burnett

Got Tony McDaniel to re-sign and be a key piece on the D-line

Now this offseason he doesn't overpay for Flynn, unloads Marshall's huge contract when he's not a fit for Philbin, gets some good cheap depth, and brings in two very good offensive-minded coaches (Philbin, Sherman) and suddenly he deserves to be fired after the draft?

This isn't about torching an opinion, its about not having usually quality boards littered with knee jerk negativity that has obviously done zero research.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

LOL! The thing is you portrayed me to one of the doomsday fin fans that take action upon it, and have the mindset that we need to do it immediately or else our franchise will be set back for another decade. You're just full of wonderful respones! Lol you amuse me. Are you done now? Are you done attempting to prove something that never existed?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
LOL! The thing is you portrayed me to one of the doomsday fin fans that take action upon it, and have the mindset that we need to do it immediately or else our franchise will be set back for another decade. You're just full of wonderful respones! Lol you amuse me. Are you done now? Are you done attempting to prove something that never existed?

Hey, spin it out however you want. You asked for proof and I provided it.

You have to be in some pretty serious denial if you're incapable of taking a step back and admitting that you said you wanted Ireland fired.

Sorry dude, you lose this round.

I'm sure you'll have an opportunity at a rematch later on. Train hard, you're not on my level yet... (or anyone else's for that matter....)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I apologize for crossing the most well known Dolphin fan of all time. Man what an experience it is to even be mentioned amongst your majestical presence! You're a god in the eyes of every Dolfan, and I shall never question what the mighty Richie says! For Richie knows all! Lol, never knew arrogance could run so thick through a forum poster. Wow bro, congrats on the gig! Big man! You got your big boy pants on!? You got your big boy pants and your snack!? I'm so stunned by your greatness.

"Big boy! You got your big boy pants on!? You got your big boy pants and your snack!?" - I had to quote Will Ferrel on that one because it fit your situation perfectly!

:grin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I apologize for crossing the most well known Dolphin fan of all time. Man what an experience it is to even be mentioned amongst your majestical presence! You're a god in the eyes of every Dolfan, and I shall never question what the mighty Richie says! For Richie knows all! Lol, never knew arrogance could run so thick through a forum poster. Wow bro, congrats on the gig! Big man! You got your big boy pants on!? You got your big boy pants and your snack!? I'm so stunned by your greatness.

That's more like it, plebian.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That's more like it, plebian.

:awe:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next