All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 62
@SI_PeterKing
Peter King
Hearing Alex Smith is very serious about Miami--if they're serious about him.


via peter kind's twitter.


If this is true, we offer him a four year contract and build a solid offense around him. This guy takes care of the ball and was a few bad fumbles away from taking his team to the super bowl.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4915
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Mind you when you say "he was a few bad fumbles away"....it wasn't "him". Not at all. You can thank Mr. Kyle Williams for that kindly. I cosign bringing Smith down here. He does bad the first 7 years, has his first year in the West Coast Offensive system (That Philbin will run) and has a career year, and is the most mistake free QB of the league. He threw a league low 5 INTs. This guy could complete our team in the WCO, all we'd need is a receiver in the draft to replace Marshall.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4111
I have to agree... typically I'm not on board with 1 good year, but just watching him play in that system was mind boggling.

He looked close to the QB he was supposed to be coming out of Utah. If his darn receivers could catch and Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that punt, they are Superbowl bound.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Tampa, FL
Keep in mind that this may be a ploy by Smith to get SF to pony up some extra dough for making him wait on Peyton Manning. Do not assume that Mr. King is not being used by Smith's camp to get SF and MIA into a bidding war.

I believe the Fins have already talked with Alex Smith and if he is interested in signing he will let them know as Matt Flynn did with Seattle.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:45 am
Posts: 440
2 days ago Matt flynn was a lock and a few days before that we were leading the manning race...

Screw rumors.. I'll buy in when the ink dries...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 am
Posts: 72
randylvc wrote:
2 days ago Matt flynn was a lock and a few days before that we were leading the manning race...

Screw rumors.. I'll buy in when the ink dries...

I'm feeling you pain there Randy!! Let's just see what happens... at least it's been interesting... I wouldn't say "good"!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:08 pm
Posts: 375
Location: Cincinnati
keebler_kahn wrote:
Keep in mind that this may be a ploy by Smith to get SF to pony up some extra dough for making him wait on Peyton Manning. Do not assume that Mr. King is not being used by Smith's camp to get SF and MIA into a bidding war.


Alex Smith took less.. ALOT less money last year to play and COMPETE for the starting job. I doubt he wants more money. I get the feeling the dude just kinda wants to play. And I'm growning more fond of the idea of bringing him in. Which probably means he will sign with the 9ers soon.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6944
He suddenly becomes very interested now that Manning is Bronco bound? Sounds like a ploy to get SF to move on a new deal.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10073
Location: Fargo, ND
Why would he come here if he can stay in SanFran, win, and make more money?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 pm
Posts: 52
Phin wrote:
Why would he come here if he can stay in SanFran, win, and make more money?


I would think because just for the fact that San Fran tried to replace him with Manning. Kind of like how Sparano had to come in to work after our jerk of an owner tried to replace him. Pride took a hit and what better way to get back at them than to leave them QB-less. JMHO


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
It certainly sounds like Alex and his agent are trying to squeeze the 49ers. If he signs, I will believe it then, otherwise I will be leary.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 489
Location: Almost Heaven
killerbeezdee wrote:
Phin wrote:
Why would he come here if he can stay in SanFran, win, and make more money?


I would think because just for the fact that San Fran tried to replace him with Manning. Kind of like how Sparano had to come in to work after our jerk of an owner tried to replace him. Pride took a hit and what better way to get back at them than to leave them QB-less. JMHO


It's business not personal Sunny. Business not personal.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2914
It's a shame how we keep being used for leverage. Kinda makes me feel like the Dolphins are the nerdy guy that the hot chick uses to make her boyfriend jealous.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Posts: 226
The free agency visits are a game. Sometimes you visit teams for no other reason than to use them as leverage to get more money. Peyton is a perfect example, why did he visit Arizona when he had no intention of signing with a NFC team? The answer is simple, he was using Arizona as leverage to get more money out of Denver.

I think that was the main reason Smith visited Miami. Although in his case there was also the chance
that he could lose his job to Manning. I would be surprised if he is really interested in Miami.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:45 am
Posts: 440
Oh ya I can already see the headlines...

The Phins strike out YET again on smith... The media are like sharks .. and they are smelling blood in the water.. very tough time to be a Mia fan..

But you know I have tried.. I've told myself for like the last 3 years that I was done with Mia...

Problem is I'm a Phins fan. It's just not in me to ever changes that lol...

I may have to give up football all together lol...

I bought a B marsh jersey last season even though I did not like the guy much.... Poof Gone

I also bought a Reggie Bush Jersey.... So I expect something bad to happen there next..


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6072
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Moore = Smith. Dont really see the need to pay Smith unless it is because we have to sign somebody. At this point go with Moore , try to draft Tanehil. if he is gone at 8 , deal with it. You make your bed you lie in it. We have a favorable schedule (or so I thought) maybe we surprise.

Acquiring Tebow especially via a trade is purely a business decision not a football one. So it might just happen.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 6865
I wanted him last offseason.....And think he would be a good fit for this team..The guy has all the tools and has gotten better every year

Marshall being gone is gonna be a real problem for the offense


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r