Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:53 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

@SI_PeterKing
Peter King
Hearing Alex Smith is very serious about Miami--if they're serious about him.

via peter kind's twitter.

If this is true, we offer him a four year contract and build a solid offense around him. This guy takes care of the ball and was a few bad fumbles away from taking his team to the super bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mind you when you say "he was a few bad fumbles away"....it wasn't "him". Not at all. You can thank Mr. Kyle Williams for that kindly. I cosign bringing Smith down here. He does bad the first 7 years, has his first year in the West Coast Offensive system (That Philbin will run) and has a career year, and is the most mistake free QB of the league. He threw a league low 5 INTs. This guy could complete our team in the WCO, all we'd need is a receiver in the draft to replace Marshall.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

I have to agree... typically I'm not on board with 1 good year, but just watching him play in that system was mind boggling.

He looked close to the QB he was supposed to be coming out of Utah. If his darn receivers could catch and Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that punt, they are Superbowl bound.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Keep in mind that this may be a ploy by Smith to get SF to pony up some extra dough for making him wait on Peyton Manning. Do not assume that Mr. King is not being used by Smith's camp to get SF and MIA into a bidding war.

I believe the Fins have already talked with Alex Smith and if he is interested in signing he will let them know as Matt Flynn did with Seattle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

2 days ago Matt flynn was a lock and a few days before that we were leading the manning race...

Screw rumors.. I'll buy in when the ink dries...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

randylvc wrote:
2 days ago Matt flynn was a lock and a few days before that we were leading the manning race...

Screw rumors.. I'll buy in when the ink dries...

I'm feeling you pain there Randy!! Let's just see what happens... at least it's been interesting... I wouldn't say "good"!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

keebler_kahn wrote:
Keep in mind that this may be a ploy by Smith to get SF to pony up some extra dough for making him wait on Peyton Manning. Do not assume that Mr. King is not being used by Smith's camp to get SF and MIA into a bidding war.

Alex Smith took less.. ALOT less money last year to play and COMPETE for the starting job. I doubt he wants more money. I get the feeling the dude just kinda wants to play. And I'm growning more fond of the idea of bringing him in. Which probably means he will sign with the 9ers soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

He suddenly becomes very interested now that Manning is Bronco bound? Sounds like a ploy to get SF to move on a new deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Why would he come here if he can stay in SanFran, win, and make more money?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phin wrote:

I would think because just for the fact that San Fran tried to replace him with Manning. Kind of like how Sparano had to come in to work after our jerk of an owner tried to replace him. Pride took a hit and what better way to get back at them than to leave them QB-less. JMHO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It certainly sounds like Alex and his agent are trying to squeeze the 49ers. If he signs, I will believe it then, otherwise I will be leary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

killerbeezdee wrote:
Phin wrote:

I would think because just for the fact that San Fran tried to replace him with Manning. Kind of like how Sparano had to come in to work after our jerk of an owner tried to replace him. Pride took a hit and what better way to get back at them than to leave them QB-less. JMHO

It's business not personal Sunny. Business not personal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

It's a shame how we keep being used for leverage. Kinda makes me feel like the Dolphins are the nerdy guy that the hot chick uses to make her boyfriend jealous.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The free agency visits are a game. Sometimes you visit teams for no other reason than to use them as leverage to get more money. Peyton is a perfect example, why did he visit Arizona when he had no intention of signing with a NFC team? The answer is simple, he was using Arizona as leverage to get more money out of Denver.

I think that was the main reason Smith visited Miami. Although in his case there was also the chance
that he could lose his job to Manning. I would be surprised if he is really interested in Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Oh ya I can already see the headlines...

The Phins strike out YET again on smith... The media are like sharks .. and they are smelling blood in the water.. very tough time to be a Mia fan..

But you know I have tried.. I've told myself for like the last 3 years that I was done with Mia...

Problem is I'm a Phins fan. It's just not in me to ever changes that lol...

I may have to give up football all together lol...

I bought a B marsh jersey last season even though I did not like the guy much.... Poof Gone

I also bought a Reggie Bush Jersey.... So I expect something bad to happen there next..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 pm 

Moore = Smith. Dont really see the need to pay Smith unless it is because we have to sign somebody. At this point go with Moore , try to draft Tanehil. if he is gone at 8 , deal with it. You make your bed you lie in it. We have a favorable schedule (or so I thought) maybe we surprise.

Acquiring Tebow especially via a trade is purely a business decision not a football one. So it might just happen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I wanted him last offseason.....And think he would be a good fit for this team..The guy has all the tools and has gotten better every year

Marshall being gone is gonna be a real problem for the offense

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]