All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

According to Chris Mortenson. That means that Alex Smith will now likely sign with the 49ers, which is fine by me.

And hell no, I don't want to see Tim Tebow anywhere near Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Ugh. Worst case scenario. Smith goes home to SF, Hasselbeck stays in TN and Tebow rumors start swarming like flies on a corpse.

Tebow to Jacksonville, please! (And no closer to Miami than that!)

Start Moore, sign Garrard as a backup, and draft Tannehill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

phinsfansc wrote:

Somewhere in the state of Colorado our friend Junkie just yelled out a high pitched "Yipppppeeeee!!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:31 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Somewhere in the state of Colorado our friend Junkie just yelled out a high pitched "Yipppppeeeee!!!!"

Junkie is about to lose a bet with me that was made a year ago. lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:34 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Maybe Cleveland deals for Tebow and the path is cleared for Miami to sit tight and draft Tannehill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

YYYYYPPPPPPPEEEEEE IS RIGHT, maybe Tim can break the evil curse bestowed on Miami for the last 12 years. Can't argue one bit that Miami needs a change from the sameOH sameOH!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Can't say I want Tebow, because I don't.

But Tebow wins, and I want to win.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:

That would be such a poor fit for the west coast offense that would really be scratching my head if we traded for him. I do think that a 4th or 5th round pick would be a bargain for him (if it came down to that), but the distraction would set this organization back. Since I like Tebow, I will probably wait to see if he is traded before buying a Tebow jersey.

Makchell wrote:

Junkie is about to lose a bet with me that was made a year ago. lol

Doesn't that make the first bet that you won around here? LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:46 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

MNDolfan wrote:
Can't say I want Tebow, because I don't.

But Tebow wins, and I want to win.

Didn't realize he was a one man team...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I forget which guy said it but some reporter here in Boston argued that Belichick and McDaniels would possibly trade a late pick for Tebow. Maybe Brian Hoyer gets an offer from a team that needs competition at QB...just not Miami please.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There is talk that Cleveland will go with Colt McCoy for 2012 and possibly target a QB in 2013. I think they should give McCoy a chance. It not like they have him surrounded with all the weapons in the world.

I'm reading they will either take Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon at #4.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Peyton is an idiot.

That Broncos team is nothing. I'm shocked he didn't go to SF.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 pm 

Phins Rock wrote:
Peyton is an idiot.

I agree. Not only does San Fran have the best defense in the league, but they have a tight end that can pop the top off a defense, a running back that can carry the load and they've added a buttload of weapons on the outside.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I swear to God if we pick up tebow I am going to go into hiding for a season or 2..

Ya the tebow nation would follow him to Mia and he will fill seats.. (this is why I am worried)

Our owner and GM need to step back and regroup.

I think ross will see Tebow as $ signs...

I hope not..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Peyton is an idiot.

I agree. Not only does San Fran have the best defense in the league, but they have a tight end that can pop the top off a defense, a running back that can carry the load and they've added a buttload of weapons on the outside.

It's the personality conflict ...... Harbaugh and Manning. But on paper, ya the no brainer is the 49'ers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

randylvc wrote:
I swear to God if we pick up tebow I am going to go into hiding for a season or 2..

Ya the tebow nation would follow him to Mia and he will fill seats.. (this is why I am worried)

Our owner and GM need to step back and regroup.

I think ross will see Tebow as $ signs...

I hope not..

Ya that's my one thing. If Ross is stupid enough to snag Tebow is some sort of mindless cash grab to try and fill seats, I'm pretty much going to back away from football for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Peyton is an idiot.

It's the personality conflict ...... Harbaugh and Manning. But on paper, ya the no brainer is the 49'ers.

They have the best D in the NFC, the best OL in the NFC, the best run game in the NFC and a great TE, awesome weapon in Walker, and a good group of WRs.

That team is going to win 13 games with Alex freeking Smith. Put Peyton there, if healthy, and they might challenge 16-0. It'd be a perfectly constructed team all around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
They have the best D in the NFC, the best OL in the NFC, the best run game in the NFC and a great TE, awesome weapon in Walker, and a good group of WRs.

That team is going to win 13 games with Alex freeking Smith. Put Peyton there, if healthy, and they might challenge 16-0. It'd be a perfectly constructed team all around.

Again, I can't argue against any of those facts.

All signs point to the risk of personality clashing between Harbaugh and Manning. They are two highly competitive egos. Fox strikes me as more of the subservient type to cater to whatever Manning wants.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm 

Wasn't Manning also Harbaugh's replacement in Indy? Maybe Manning is afraid of a little revenge...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Wasn't Manning also Harbaugh's replacement in Indy? Maybe Manning is afraid of a little revenge...

Sure was. The Colts dropped Harbaugh like a bad habit to hand the keys over to Manning when he was drafted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Peyton is an idiot.

I know the 49ers got into the mix on this, but I saw no way that Peyton was going to the 49ers. The family does not want one brother costing the other a chance at a Super Bowl.

SF might have been the best pick, but I am not surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
Ugh. Worst case scenario. Smith goes home to SF, Hasselbeck stays in TN and Tebow rumors start swarming like flies on a corpse.

Tebow to Jacksonville, please! (And no closer to Miami than that!)

Start Moore, sign Garrard as a backup, and draft Tannehill.

Sounds like a great plan!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:44 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

all this hate for Tebow. The guy managed to capture th entire Bronco nation in spite of JOHN ELWAY. He is a leader and an incredible locker room presence. The entire team except for Brady Quinn speaks highly of him. I don't see how he wouldnt be a great fit for the west coast offense given he throws exceptionally well on the move.

He may not be a one man team but he affects the entire culture of the team and franchise in a positive way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:46 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Crap. Now I'm going to have to read about Tebow to Miami & be concerned about Tebow to Miami.

This just gets better & better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ggippo wrote:
all this hate for Tebow. The guy managed to capture th entire Bronco nation in spite of JOHN ELWAY. He is a leader and an incredible locker room presence. The entire team except for Brady Quinn speaks highly of him. I don't see how he wouldnt be a great fit for the west coast offense given he throws exceptionally well on the move.

He may not be a one man team but he affects the entire culture of the team and franchise in a positive way.

He has very little upside as a passer in this league. Every year it would be the same thing if we even got to the playoffs. We'd get stopped out by teams forcing him to be a passer. To run a WCO you need more accuracy than Tebow could ever give you. You throw to spots on the field and you never know which spot Tebow's gonna give you with that delivery.

Denver couldn't get rid of him fast enough. That says everything to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm 

ggippo wrote:
I don't see how he wouldnt be a great fit for the west coast offense given he throws exceptionally well on the move.

The West Coast Offense, especially the Philbin/Sherman version, is predicated on accurate, well-timed throws.

That does not fit Tebow's "skillset" in the least bit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

and I want Blackmon of Floyd with the first pick. Hill, Jeffrey, Sanu, Childs, Toon (WR's) with a later pick. Streeter, Broyles, and Maze are also intriguing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
The West Coast Offense, especially the Philbin/Sherman version, is predicated on accurate, well-timed throws.

We should trade for him and then a couple years later the media will go, "Well see that's why you don't start a guy just to put butts in the seats."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:55 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rock Sexton wrote:
ggippo wrote:

He has very little upside as a passer in this league. Every year it would be the same thing if we even got to the playoffs. We'd get stopped out by teams forcing him to be a passer. To run a WCO you need more accuracy than Tebow could ever give you. You throw to spots on the field and you never know which spot Tebow's gonna give you with that delivery.

Denver couldn't get rid of him fast enough. That says everything to me.

Elway couldnt get rid of him faster thats not all of Denver. That says eveything too you? Well then you ignore all of his spectacular and relevant intangibles that help make a strong team.

Like I said hes much more accurate on the run. He also continued to improve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

We should trade for him and then a couple years later the media will go, "Well see that's why you don't start a guy just to put butts in the seats."

Tebow or not he wouldnt fill seats for two years withough winning. Not in Miami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ggippo wrote:
Elway couldnt get rid of him faster thats not all of Denver. That says eveything too you? Well then you ignore all of his spectacular and relevant intangibles that help make a strong team.

Oh here we go again ..... his passing did not improve. His intangibles might win you games during the year, but they don't win you playoffs or championships. Only legitimate talent does. He's not a pure passer, never will be. He can't pray our way into a Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 pm 

ggippo wrote:

ggippo, I'm not hating on Tebow. Actually, from all reports he's a great human being, a great leader, with intangibles that are off the charts. He is no doubt a tremendous locker room presence, and a winner in virtually every sense of the word. What I don't believe to be true is that he is a good fit for this team or this offense. He's simply not accurate enough. He's at his best when a play breaks down. He is going to start somewhere, and I wish him well. I just don't see how what he brings from a strictly quarterbacking standpoint fits at all with what Philbin's offense requires of a QB. That's the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Here's to hoping Cleveland trades for Tebow...otherwise, we're pretty much screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This shows how greedy Manning is !!! This is why :

If Peyton plays for the love of the game he would have signed with Tenn. Tenn fans adore him and still love him from the Tenn Volunteer days. Bud Adams and the Tenn fans are heartbroken...

If Peyton wanted almost a sure SB ring, he would have signed with SF .

Instead, Peyton sign with a mediocre team with no RB and mediocre WR

HE WENT JUST FOR THE MONEY !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Anyone who says this is gonna catch hell...but....bring tebow on over. We have missed time and time again....this team is a joke...laughable...we are the laughing stock of the league. Give a 4th for the guy and run a 2 qb system....heck we gotta try something...we just look stupid. At least tebow will bring some talk about miami thts different than the current consensus....which is we missed out on ever qb available this offseason. Scre it...lets get it all ocer with....take tebow..play him and moore..take cousins in rd 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:43 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

J-BARK wrote:
Anyone who says this is gonna catch hell...but....bring tebow on over. We have missed time and time again....this team is a joke...laughable...we are the laughing stock of the league. Give a 4th for the guy and run a 2 qb system....heck we gotta try something...we just look stupid. At least tebow will bring some talk about miami thts different than the current consensus....which is we missed out on ever qb available this offseason. Scre it...lets get it all ocer with....take tebow..play him and moore..take cousins in rd 2

Giving a 4th for a QB that cannot throw would only further the laughter. I would not give up a 7th for the guy. Love him as a person. Horrible Qb.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

He wins more ganes than we do. Our wrs are mediocre ... our defense is better than denvers...our running game is better than denvers with tebow...we execute a short passing game with lots of runs..lots of optjons..lots of switches between tebow and moore. At this point im ready to try anything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

J-BARK wrote:
He wins more ganes than we do.
He did not win many. His D did

J-BARK wrote:
Our wrs are mediocre ...
They are now.

J-BARK wrote:
our defense is better than denvers...
Didn't play like it the whole season.

J-BARK wrote:
our running game is better than denvers with tebow...we execute a short passing game with lots of runs..lots of optjons..lots of switches between tebow and moore. At this point im ready to try anything.
I'm not. Try anything will not get you anywhere. Have a plan & work it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rock Sexton wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Oh here we go again ..... his passing did not improve. His intangibles might win you games during the year, but they don't win you playoffs or championships. Only legitimate talent does. He's not a pure passer, never will be. He can't pray our way into a Super Bowl.

Im not a Christian either but it doesnt stop me from logical assesment. Tebow wins and works hard. Hes the real deal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
ggippo wrote:

ggippo, I'm not hating on Tebow. Actually, from all reports he's a great human being, a great leader, with intangibles that are off the charts. He is no doubt a tremendous locker room presence, and a winner in virtually every sense of the word. What I don't believe to be true is that he is a good fit for this team or this offense. He's simply not accurate enough. He's at his best when a play breaks down. He is going to start somewhere, and I wish him well. I just don't see how what he brings from a strictly quarterbacking standpoint fits at all with what Philbin's offense requires of a QB. That's the truth.

The truth is the phins have brought in a washed up vet that they could have had last year. The smell of desperation is pathetic. Why not bring in a winner. What do they have to lose at this point?

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next