All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, the Bills break the bank and sign Mario Williams and they instantly become better than the Dolphins? I think it is amazing how so many people are eager for the demise of the Dolphins.

Peter King wrote:
Jeff Ireland. In the history of NFL general managers, Ireland is on the coldest streak ever. He needs to do something right. He doesn't even need to hit a home run. A seeing-eye single would do. That may make him more aggressive on Smith today -- and it may make Smith more inclined to go somewhere I don't think he really wants to go.

Miami looks like the worst team in the AFC East right now. Would Smith rather rub it in 49er GM Trent Baalke's face and run off to a bad team, and would he rather pray for Manning to pick Tennessee or Denver, enabling Smith to go back to where he has the best chance by far of making a Super Bowl run? Ireland may have to do what he loathes -- overspend for an OK player -- just to deodorize the stink of the last few years in Miami.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... ef=writers

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Is this the same Peter King who last offseason said Miami should stick with Chad Henne to see if the light goes on and then criticizes them during the season for not being more aggressive in getting an upgrade over Chad Henne?

Just checking.

Seriously, I don't know who is worse right now, the fans or the reporters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Is this the same Peter King who last offseason said Miami should stick with Chad Henne to see if the light goes on and then criticizes them during the season for not being more aggressive in getting an upgrade over Chad Henne?

Just checking.

I'll have to say reporters. King's Monday morning qb is a entertaining read, but he has been wrong on so many fronts it isn't even funny.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

Just checking.

This is called the herd response. Just sit back and laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The media develops a narrative and then interprets events to fit that narrative. Any facts that don't fit are conviently left out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Sadly enough I agree.. Not with blaming Ireland for everything, but that we look like the worst team in the east right now.

We have had one major deficiency for a long time.. Has that been addressed?

Then why expect anything different?

Had we signed Manning these same reporters would be predicting super bowl...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

10acjed wrote:
Sadly enough I agree.. Not with blaming Ireland for everything, but that we look like the worst team in the east right now.

Are you really afraid of the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Bills? I know they had injury issues, but when they put the pressure on his shoulders he didn't exactly live up to his contract.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:51 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This reminds me of when Channing Crowder crowned the Jets the "World Champions of the Pre-Season!" :)

I guess the fins are being crowned "Failures of the FA part of the 2012 offseason!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Today's sports media is nothing more than tabloid journalism for men. Great sports reporting has been reduced to what guy can report Favre's whereabouts 5 minutes before the rest.

Last year, these guys actually spent 3 days talking about what Ochocinco tweeted!?!?! Oh......and the Giants were predicted to be 3rd or 4th in the NFC East because they did not make any major free agent moves.

It's been crazy the last few days to see so many people on this site declare the Dolphin's Organization inept, because we have not followed through on what the media thinks we should be doing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:45 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Are you really afraid of the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Bills? I know they had injury issues, but when they put the pressure on his shoulders he didn't exactly live up to his contract.

I am more afraid of Chan building his team around the guy and becoming the team to battle NY for the number 2 spot....

No I do not think they are true contenders, but I do think they will be a better team next year.

I am not sold on the Dolphins being that much better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:

Yeap & if he is a shell of his former self those same reporters would have been going. They should have known better, than to sign a 36 Yr Qb to such a large deal coming off 4 neck surgeries.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh my God! The season hasn't even started yet and we're already the worst team in the AFC East!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:
So, the Bills break the bank and sign Mario Williams and they instantly become better than the Dolphins? I think it is amazing how so many people are eager for the demise of the Dolphins.

Peter King wrote:
Jeff Ireland. In the history of NFL general managers, Ireland is on the coldest streak ever. He needs to do something right. He doesn't even need to hit a home run. A seeing-eye single would do. That may make him more aggressive on Smith today -- and it may make Smith more inclined to go somewhere I don't think he really wants to go.

Miami looks like the worst team in the AFC East right now. Would Smith rather rub it in 49er GM Trent Baalke's face and run off to a bad team, and would he rather pray for Manning to pick Tennessee or Denver, enabling Smith to go back to where he has the best chance by far of making a Super Bowl run? Ireland may have to do what he loathes -- overspend for an OK player -- just to deodorize the stink of the last few years in Miami.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... ef=writers
I guess Peter King has never heard of Matt Millen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What a joke...worst team in the AFC East? Seriously? We have the best defense (arguably with the Jets) and the best running game in the division. Mario Williams makes Buffalo a contender? When was the last time you witnessed a PASS RUSHER win a team a title? Oh man how hard I laughed at that. Not to mention the ridiculous price the Bills brought him over for. I guess the only way to lure a prime player to a "suckish" (being kind for lack of a better word) city like Buffalo is to make him one of the top 5 highest paid players in the history of the league.

Uhhh, Dolfans? Did you forget we still have Matt Moore? It's astonishing the number of fans who go out and declare us like we have Blaine Gabbert as our starter. Our team has nothing but improved from last season. All we're missing is a #1 wideout to replace Marshall and we may be able to snag one out in the upcoming draft. The only thing wrong with this once proud franchise is our front office. Get rid of Ross AND Ireland and top tier players may actually want to sign here. This is a beautiful city, that should factor in a huge advantage of players wanting to "take their talents to South Beach". The remaining issue is for Ross to sell the team, and Ireland to crawl into isolation. I heard the hermit's settled over on Mt. Everest have been known to have quite the welcoming commitee Mr. Ireland.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]