Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -dolphins/

This is ridiculous, I know areas need work but c'mon .. So Classy.. Especially, since he only used us as a leverage tool get more money in 2010..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

1dolphinsfan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/ryan-clark-says-no-one-wants-to-join-the-dolphins/

This is ridiculous, I know areas need work but c'mon .. So Classy.. Especially, since he only used us as a leverage tool get more money in 2010..

Thank You Ryan Clark. Go find something else to disagree with Roger Goodell on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:13 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:23 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Disagree or Agree... the guy needs to shut up already... he's been in the news almost as often as Peyton Manning and he's not even a free agent.

Just zip your lip already.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Ya know whats tough for us is trying to make sense of so many unknowns. We've no clue about the conversations our management & coaching staff have with each other. They could be arguing on priorities or they could a completely different point of view then the media is portraying. & unfortunately, guys like Ryan Clark can create buzz simply from his twitter account because it gives a guy from PFT something to talk about. Why not doe some work & write a real article, Mike Florio?

As for Ireland, call him a jerk if you want but hes brought in some decent talent. & I could be wrong but I believe his contract is up in 2 years. He better very well have a plan & goal in mind for this franchise to reach by then if he wants to continue working.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ya .... nobody wants to come to Miami.

Reggie Bush didn't want to.
Karlos Dansby didn't want to.
Kevin Burnett didn't want to.

Do I really need to continue?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Here is a serious question that I do not know the answer to:
How much contact does your average player have with the GM? My sense is very little after they sign with the club. So why would Ireland being a jerk matter to them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Like it or not we've got a reputation. The only way we're going to turn it around and become a more desirable place to play is if we build this team into a winner through the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:

Thank you. People seem to conveniently forget this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

You guys are in denial. There is a lot of smoke around the perception of this front office. Where there is smoke there is fire.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:50 am 

Rich wrote:
You guys are in denial. There is a lot of smoke around the perception of this front office. Where there is smoke there is fire.

I agree. While what Clark said is pretty immature & should really not be said to the masses & is not 100% accurate as well , at some point over the last few days haven't we all thought this at least to ourselves?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:

Very good point.

Geez, you say something wrong around here about a player getting arrested and you get roasted. Why doesn't the GM get the same benefits on this?

Who didn't Miami get?

* Bill Cowher - I think the guy is happy in the booth. He's been out of coaching for 5 years and has not filled any open coaching jobs.

* Jeff Fisher - He wanted final say-so on personnel, and the word around the NFL is that he does not do a good job in that capacity. I agree with Ross on this one.

* Jim Harbaugh - He stayed close to home and chose the 49ers. Nothing wrong with that.

* Peyton Manning - Not sure why he didn't want to play for Miami. A lot of speculation is that he was unfamiliar with anyone on the team.

* Flynn - It has to be about the money. Flynn wanted to come to the Dolphins and his pop had a positive report on the meeting. If it is money, maybe Ireland and Philbin graded him at less than what the Seahawks offered him. If that is the case, we will have to see how the 2012 season plays out to see if we were saved from another Kolb situation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:19 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Very good point.

Geez, you say something wrong around here about a player getting arrested and you get roasted. Why doesn't the GM get the same benefits on this?

Who didn't Miami get?

* Bill Cowher - I think the guy is happy in the booth. He's been out of coaching for 5 years and has not filled any open coaching jobs.

* Jeff Fisher - He wanted final say-so on personnel, and the word around the NFL is that he does not do a good job in that capacity. I agree with Ross on this one.

* Jim Harbaugh - He stayed close to home and chose the 49ers. Nothing wrong with that.

* Peyton Manning - Not sure why he didn't want to play for Miami. A lot of speculation is that he was unfamiliar with anyone on the team.

* Flynn - It has to be about the money. Flynn wanted to come to the Dolphins and his pop had a positive report on the meeting. If it is money, maybe Ireland and Philbin graded him at less than what the Seahawks offered him. If that is the case, we will have to see how the 2012 season plays out to see if we were saved from another Kolb situation.

And even more good points...

However, I will point out that Jeff Irelands debut as a GM has been anything but smooth..

He has made his way into the media way too much if you ask me.

The Dez Bryant thing, then the deal with Harbaugh and leaving his HC in limbo while the owner tried to replace him, which could be understood because Ross is the boss. But then whole Kyle Orton mess, then he was in the middle of the Fisher deal, Manning met with the coaching staff but blew off the FO, and now you have the Flynn rumors, and other players are speaking out and saying the same thing Crowder said..

So while I take everything as media hype, there are an awful lot of things pointing in the same direction...

I think we can pretty much say goodbye to Jeff Ireland if this season doesnt go well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
However, I will point out that Jeff Irelands debut as a GM has been anything but smooth..

...I think we can pretty much say goodbye to Jeff Ireland if this season doesnt go well.

Yep, I agree. And I think Rich and FINesse are correct about "where there is smoke there is fire" comment. Heck, there was a plane flying around that wanted Ireland fired. I actually like what Ireland did last year with Parcells out of the picture, but, he'd better have a plan for the QB position that actually works. By letting Henne go (not to bring up that name around here again) he is saying they were wrong about him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We are not overpaying for free agents and the sky is falling.

Geez, you say something wrong around here about a player getting arrested and you get roasted.

Being a criminal is not OK, but if he plays football it's fine. lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

WOW....

How the hell have we come to this point...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

randylvc wrote:
WOW....

How the hell have we come to this point...

I don't disagree with many of the moves or lack of moves we have made this off season..

but man I am getting tired of seeing the Phins on the NFL channel made to look like butt clowns.

The media is killing us right now and players are listening ....

the only fix is too start winning...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 am 

randylvc wrote:
the only fix is too start winning...

That about sums it up.

If the Dolphins can field a competitive team they will be moving in the right trajectory.

If we see another embarassing season, whether its a repeat of 2007 or a repeat of the beginning of 2011, Jeff Ireland is done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:34 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I hope (as we all) we start winning and we have a future QB, all this BS on the board will become comical by week 10....hopefully. lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Wow. And I thought 1-15 would have been the bottom.

I can only hope that everyone involved in this offseason for the Dolphins front office learned something about how to conduct business in the NFL, how to conduct themselves publicly within media circles, and the difference between how you view yourselves, and how everyone else views you.

When a player makes a mistake, you hope they learn from, never let it happen again, and move on.

Hopefully that's how these guys handle the situation.

I agree with the "if there's smoke, there's fire" philosophy being bantered about. I do hope that Ross, Ireland, and the rest step back from the table, take a deep breath, regroup, then eat several slices of "humble pie" before they get back into this thing.

I'm a Dolphin fan in Patriot-land, and it is not fun right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm 

Geez , just heard there is a fan protest tomorrow at 1:00 at the practice facility. Thats how low this thing can go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Geez , just heard there is a fan protest tomorrow at 1:00 at the practice facility. Thats how low this thing can go.

Probably the same people sleeping in the streets waiting to buy the iPad 3.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]