All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:17 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7762
Any way you shine this turd, its still a turd. Incompetence is the only thing right now being transmitted from the Dolphins.
1. Why throw your name in the Manning Sweepstakes without considering the cost....unless you're idiots.
2. Why then turn your attention to Flynn and try to lurre him with a bag of peanuts...because you're incompetent.
3. Manning rumored to say the Dolphins FO is all screwed up. Because they're incompetent.
4. Channing Crowder's parting shot....Ireland is an idiot.
5. Jim Harbaugh's plane couldn't get back to SF fast enough.....because they're incompetent.
6. Jeff Fisher signed with the Rams.... because they're incompetent.

....conclusion....there are data points and then there's trends with organizations. We're long past the data point catagory with this team's FO. Let's say for a second they weren't really interested in any of these guys...then why even bother wtih the interview? What's the point? Matt Moore....I sure hope you're better than even I think you're capable of being.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
5 and 6 are nonsense. We've been over them time and time again.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
I can honestly say I lost interest in this team now. I am in no way following any other team/bandwagon, but this is just total sewage man. I am done.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:21 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 pm
Posts: 20
Its one thing when it is the GM that is causing the incompetence. What does one do when the owner of his favorite sports team is the apex of the incompetence. You can always fire a sorry GM, but what does a fan have to hope for when the owner seems to be the issue?!?!?!?!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5688
Location: Houston, Texas
Maybe they will bring in Shane Falco too, I hear he is down at the marina peeling barnacles off boats.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Orlando, Fl
NFLJunkie wrote:
Any way you shine this turd, its still a turd. Incompetence is the only thing right now being transmitted from the Dolphins.
1. Why throw your name in the Manning Sweepstakes without considering the cost....unless you're idiots.
2. Why then turn your attention to Flynn and try to lurre him with a bag of peanuts...because you're incompetent.
3. Manning rumored to say the Dolphins FO is all screwed up. Because they're incompetent.
4. Channing Crowder's parting shot....Ireland is an idiot.
5. Jim Harbaugh's plane couldn't get back to SF fast enough.....because they're incompetent.
6. Jeff Fisher signed with the Rams.... because they're incompetent.

....conclusion....there are data points and then there's trends with organizations. We're long past the data point catagory with this team's FO. Let's say for a second they weren't really interested in any of these guys...then why even bother wtih the interview? What's the point? Matt Moore....I sure hope you're better than even I think you're capable of being.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:


I basically agree with you. Though I was never high on Matt Flynn.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7762
DolphinDan wrote:
Its one thing when it is the GM that is causing the incompetence. What does one do when the owner of his favorite sports team is the apex of the incompetence. You can always fire a sorry GM, but what does a fan have to hope for when the owner seems to be the issue?!?!?!?!

Ireland's penny pinching rudeness was around before Ross. So take your pick..


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7762
Rock Sexton wrote:
5 and 6 are nonsense. We've been over them time and time again.


how so. Ross never met with Harbaugh? Please, make all the excuses you can think of. Right now, this team couldn't sign a QB to saves it proverbial life.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
NFLJunkie wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
5 and 6 are nonsense. We've been over them time and time again.


how so. Ross never met with Harbaugh? Please, make all the excuses you can think of. Right now, this team couldn't sign a QB to saves it proverbial life.


Junkee .... I know you want to make it rain with pessimism right now because you're upset, but there were considerable factors as to why Fisher and Harbaugh are elsewhere.

Harbaugh lives and coached at Stanford in the Bay Area so not uprooting his family is a major plus. The 49'ers are also historically one of the most storied franchises in all of football.

Fisher was given the keys to the franchise. He wanted major influence over personnel matters and got them when he was allowed to hand pick his own GM, who by the way is his agent's son. Kevin Demoff will be Fisher's puppet/proxy.

As far as this QB situation is concerned, my personal opinion is that Peyton isn't worth the rumored 5 year $90 million he will command (at the age of almost 36 after 4 neck surgeries). Flynn is as much a gamble as Kolb was and the team shouldn't over-extend themselves for such uncertainties. While I would've liked to see him come in to compete with Moore, I get a sense that he's obviously buyer beware if Philbin didn't land him.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10135
Location: MA
Rock Sexton wrote:
While I would've liked to see him come in to compete with Moore, I get a sense that he's obviously buyer beware if Philbin didn't land him.


Not sure why people can't comprehend this. If Philbin loved him wouldn't that have been part of his interview process and wouldn't Miami have gone full guns after him?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 559
WTF are we saving our money for? This has Ross's stench all over it!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
ytnewton wrote:
WTF are we saving our money for? This has Ross's stench all over it!


Rookies and long term contracts for guys like Long, Wake, etc. etc ..... It's not like the Dolphins have all of this cheddar to throw around.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
I can't believe you are using a guy with a 2 cent brain like Crowder as part of your argument.
He was cut because he wasn't that good. And he whined.

Don't know about anyone else but I already forgot he existed


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 559
Rock Sexton wrote:
ytnewton wrote:
WTF are we saving our money for? This has Ross's stench all over it!


Rookies and long term contracts for guys like Long, Wake, etc. etc ..... It's not like the Dolphins have all of this cheddar to throw around.

So why bring anybody in then if you don't have the cash? I liked the Marshall signing and Solia. I just don't understand how they thought they were going to sign Manning or Flynn or Winston or Anderson without spending $. I think it's the illusion they are trying to portray to the fans, "well we tried". BS if you ask me.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5688
Location: Houston, Texas
I don't know what Anderson wanted, but Winston is a good lineman, but is not worth that kind of money, Flynn obviously wasn't as high up on the thought list as we had hoped (or at least that's how it appears) Manning is in another league, but if it is 90 Million for a 36 year old QB, then perhaps in the end Miami will get last laugh on that one.

As I have said all along, Miami must have a plan for Tannehill or someone else to sit back. My personal hope is that it isn't Alex Smith. I would rather save that money and keep Moore.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
ytnewton wrote:
So why bring anybody in then if you don't have the cash? I liked the Marshall signing and Solia. I just don't understand how they thought they were going to sign Manning or Flynn or Winston or Anderson without spending $. I think it's the illusion they are trying to portray to the fans, "well we tried". BS if you ask me.


Why bring anyone in? That's what you're supposed to do and see if they can get the player to agree to a contract that makes sense on their fiscal table. They don't waste time just to paint an image. It's called due diligence.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 560
Miami front office is too busy making sure Jets jerseys will be stocked and celebrities who dont know who lombardi was are booked with red carpet. I hate south Florida right now. what a joke.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
Finhead34 wrote:
I don't know what Anderson wanted, but Winston is a good lineman, but is not worth that kind of money, Flynn obviously wasn't as high up on the thought list as we had hoped (or at least that's how it appears) Manning is in another league, but if it is 90 Million for a 36 year old QB, then perhaps in the end Miami will get last laugh on that one.

As I have said all along, Miami must have a plan for Tannehill or someone else to sit back. My personal hope is that it isn't Alex Smith. I would rather save that money and keep Moore.


I'm with you Finhead, but it looks like the Dolphins are trying to get Smith at 8 mill/year, the same money that he has on the table now with San Francisco.

At this point, as far as I am concerned, don't make it worse.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:11 pm
Posts: 23
This offseason is a SICK JOKE!

Winston is an epic mistake and the franchise looks like the east coast Raiders. Everything I liked about this team growing up is gone. What does this franchise stand for? whats their identity?

I hope they figure it out and soon.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8821
OMG guys, relax. If Flynn was the next Marino, we would have landed him. We low balled him becuase Philbin thinks he sucks. Gb didn't franchise him or try to resign him, he might not be all that guys, ditto on Manning. You are all PO'd bridge jumping for a 36 yr old QB who might or might not be the same player. I don't see how after 4 neck sugeries.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 559
Rock Sexton wrote:
ytnewton wrote:
So why bring anybody in then if you don't have the cash? I liked the Marshall signing and Solia. I just don't understand how they thought they were going to sign Manning or Flynn or Winston or Anderson without spending $. I think it's the illusion they are trying to portray to the fans, "well we tried". BS if you ask me.


Why bring anyone in? That's what you're supposed to do and see if they can get the player to agree to a contract that makes sense on their fiscal table. They don't waste time just to paint an image. It's called due diligence.

BS, it's called "you have no idea what the ACTUAL market is". This is no longer an elite franchise, you are going to have to pay more than the rest to get people to come here. i have a feeling they are low balling everyone. It's like the ugly chick who thinks she's hot, ugh, we are the ugly chick :(


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1679
Finhead34 wrote:
Maybe they will bring in Shane Falco too, I hear he is down at the marina peeling barnacles off boats.


and banging that amazingly hot cheerleader!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 560
Makchell wrote:
OMG guys, relax. If Flynn was the next Marino, we would have landed him. We low balled him becuase Philbin thinks he sucks. Gb didn't franchise him or try to resign him, he might not be all that guys, ditto on Manning. You are all PO'd bridge jumping for a 36 yr old QB who might or might not be the same player. I don't see how after 4 neck sugeries.


we are bridge jumping because flynn was more proven then tannenhill in the nfl. maybe not by much but at least flynn played some downs in the nfl. i agree manning may not be the answer but the continous lack of competition in the afc east that allows the patriots to coast into playoffs is so stupid and avoidable.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
ytnewton wrote:
BS, it's called "you have no idea what the ACTUAL market is". This is no longer an elite franchise, you are going to have to pay more than the rest to get people to come here. i have a feeling they are low balling everyone. It's like the ugly chick who thinks she's hot, ugh, we are the ugly chick :(


Nah, your perceptions are ugly. You don't go around breaking the bank just to grab anyone because you've had some losing seasons. That is irresponsible cap management.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
Are we really that much worse off then we were a few weeks ago? I'm trying to keep some perspective here while we ride the messy offseason roller coaster.

Ok, we lost Marshall. That COULD be a negative.

& not bringing in free agent talent sort of makes us look like we losing out. Truth is our team is primarily the same at this moment & that team lost 5 games by 3 points or less in 2011. Something Tony Sparano became classic for.

We don't know yet if our HC, OC, & DC are going to be special but a little better coaching of our talent & players, maybe we couldve won those games. Then we are no longer looking at a 6-10 team. Cleveland, Denver & Dallas shouldn't of happened & hopefully our new staff knows how to make sure we walk away with games like that in our favor.

Incompetence may not exactly be the word I would use. Possibly INDIFFERENCE. As in "Ross is obsessed with Manning, Harbaugh, & Fisher so it's Ireland job to pursue his boss' wishes. Even tho Ireland feels INDIFFERENT about all of them because if any person comes to Miami for the right reasons & for the right price then they can be the right fit for our organization." He just doesn't care about preference or special treatment. & so far, we haven't made a foolish move like over paying for a big name or hype. & that has kept us from backsliding or getting screwed by a regrettable commitment.

You know what else? I don't care how ESPN, Rotowhatever, or NFL Network feels about my team. They aint reppin' the Aqua & Orange on Sundays. I'm Incompetent because I can't cheer for anyone else.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incompetence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6097
Its not incompetence it all has to do with the number 23. We are looking for a replacement for number 13 he would have to be a 10. 10 +13 = 23. Peyton Manning, the number of letters in his name 13 he needs to be a 10. 10 +13 = 23. we missed out on Matt Flynn. Matt is 4 letters Flynn is 5. Matt Flynn is just one person. 45 + 1 = 46 / by 2 = 23. Alex Smith the same thing. Its not incompetence man its a conspiracy I tell ya.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r