All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:23 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
I have to venture and say maybe Philbin and Ireland wanted all the guys that didnt sign ?? Maybe they all found out what a joke Miami's front office is when they visited !!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10040
Location: MA
apatos19 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Thank God.

Now let's go get a franchise QB in April.


Which one? I can see possibly drafting Tannehill if he falls tu, but not trading up. Everyone else looks pretty chancy...


The target is Tannehill, or at least that seems the next logical choice. If you have to jump up to get him you start putting together a package. If its Cleveland you have to jump you probably consider something like 2 1st rounders, you extra 3rd and Sean Smith. Minnesota needs a CB and Smith's contract is up next year.

I can't see them dealing Jake Long after not signing Winston.

Its completely possible they love a guy like Weeden, Cousins or (cringe) Osweiler. In that case you probably offer your 2nd and newly acquired 3rd rounder, plus maybe a late pick, to jump to the top of round 2 or late Round 1 to get him.

I personally think Cleveland is going after Weeden at 22.

Don't forget if SF gets Manning then Smith has few options (maybe even Cleveland which negates worrying about trading up too high). If Tennessee gets him then you have Matt Hasslebeck as a nice bridge option for a year.

Fear not!!!! All hope is not lost!!!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2690
jammer wrote:
Don't forget if SF gets Manning then Smith has few options (maybe even Cleveland which negates worrying about trading up too high). If Tennessee gets him then you have Matt Hasslebeck as a nice bridge option for a year.

Fear not!!!! All hope is not lost!!!!


Right on, Jammer. The worst case scenario at this time is if Peyton goes to Denver, because I'd be okay with either of those 2 situations, but NOT okay with Tebowmania in Miami. Personally I love the guy as a human being, but he's the antithesis of what a QB has to be in the WCO.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Farmville, Virginia
Starting the "Pat Devlin in 2012" movement now


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2222
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PossumHollow wrote:
Starting the "Pat Devlin in 2012" movement now


Remember that guy named Matt Moore who finished the 2011 season with a QB rating of 87.1 and ranked #12????? Last time I checked he was still a Dolphin.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 pm
Posts: 4
Most of you guys didn't even want Flynn, cause 2 good games don't make a QB. Now everyone is bitching about the fact that we didn't sign him! Come on guys, say what you really mean, either we go through the draft or take a chance on a guy who really hasn't been tested. I say, we draft a QB, Tannehill or someone else available at that spot, get some WR's later in other rounds and have Moore start the year. The offense will be a West Coast offense, meaning you don't throw deep more than 3-4 times a game, dink and dunk, throw short and let the WR make plays. We have Bush who would and did great in that role. Marshall dropped too many TD's and most of you are pissed that we got rid of him, (even though we should have gotten more than what we did), he still dropped too many balls. I hope that we fire Ireland after (or during) this season, get a football minded GM, and build the team, I'm just as upset that in the off season we are already talking about next season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Farmville, Virginia
bobby0112 wrote:
PossumHollow wrote:
Starting the "Pat Devlin in 2012" movement now


Remember that guy named Matt Moore who finished the 2011 season with a QB rating of 87.1 and ranked #12????? Last time I checked he was still a Dolphin.


Yeah I was being sarcastic for all the bridge jumpers who will be calling for Moore's replacement by week 3

While I am not a huge fan of Moore, I am comfortable with him or anyone who can beat him in a fair competition, to run the offense Week 1. I would like to see us put our emphasis on geting a big athletic receiver and tight end combo and a RT.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5997
I am glad we have Moore on our team. I am looking forward to which Qb we get in the draft. Go! Phins!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:55 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 557
Phins Rock wrote:
Thank God.

Now let's go get a franchise QB in April.

What makes you think they can pull that off PR?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2222
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PossumHollow wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
PossumHollow wrote:
Starting the "Pat Devlin in 2012" movement now


Remember that guy named Matt Moore who finished the 2011 season with a QB rating of 87.1 and ranked #12????? Last time I checked he was still a Dolphin.


Yeah I was being sarcastic for all the bridge jumpers who will be calling for Moore's replacement by week 3

While I am not a huge fan of Moore, I am comfortable with him or anyone who can beat him in a fair competition, to run the offense Week 1. I would like to see us put our emphasis on geting a big athletic receiver and tight end combo and a RT.


Gotcha. The way things have unfolded so far it looks like Miami is now looking for an upgrade as a back up QB for Matt Moore to replace JP Losman. I was fine with Moore remaining as the QB, it just feels like overall Miami has taken a step backward by trading Marshall. I think Pass Rusher & WR are the two most glaring holes right now.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:16 pm 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 557
Take it for what it's worth, but this was Flynn's comment about his experiences....ugh.
Peter King's Tweet
http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/18/2 ... difference


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
ytnewton wrote:
Take it for what it's worth, but this was Flynn's comment about his experiences....ugh.
Peter King's Tweet
http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/18/2 ... difference


Oh my God we're soooooo dooooooooomed because Seattle had a good vibe in the building!!!!!!!!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10040
Location: MA
Rock Sexton wrote:
ytnewton wrote:
Take it for what it's worth, but this was Flynn's comment about his experiences....ugh.
Peter King's Tweet
http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/18/2 ... difference


Oh my God we're soooooo dooooooooomed because Seattle had a good vibe in the building!!!!!!!!


Billy Volek 2.0 and Carroll bought it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5923
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
not sure where this leaves us but lets see how that "vibe" is come December. I mean what kind of vibe can desperate teams really have.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Willis VA
Quote:
The target is Tannehill, or at least that seems the next logical choice


I know I'm just a fan but I fail to see the logic...maybe I will come September.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
SO Flynn's contract is actually $19M, 10 guaranteed, & possibly 5 more in incentives.

6 a year isn't what we wanted to pay him & I'm fine with that. & if Flynn wanted to get payed so he could compete with Tavaris Jackson then thats what is important to him.

If we gave him 3 a year & he couldn't beat out Matt Moore then he, & us, wouldn't be so well off

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
They over paid big time. I was confident in Flynn coming to Miami because of his relationship with Philbin and his understanding of what we were trying to build. I don't have that same confidence in Flynn if he plays for a new coach with a different system. I think this move will fail for Seattle, much like Kolb and Cassell.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5923
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
wkloiber13 wrote:
They over paid big time. I was confident in Flynn coming to Miami because of his relationship with Philbin and his understanding of what we were trying to build. I don't have that same confidence in Flynn if he plays for a new coach with a different system. I think this move will fail for Seattle, much like Kolb and Cassell.


I tend to agree , except if Flynn really excels & becomes the guy. Then it was worth it. However I feel the same way about Alex Smith. New coach & system would equal the old Alex Smith.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6890
I'm so glad Miami won those meaningless games last year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10040
Location: MA
vafinfan wrote:
Quote:
The target is Tannehill, or at least that seems the next logical choice


I know I'm just a fan but I fail to see the logic...maybe I will come September.


His coach is Miami's OC. He has developed in a WC system. His skill set is accuracy and athleticism, the two things Ireland talked about last year. It just seems to be a fit. People may think he's overrated but that doesn't take away from the obvious links to what Miami is looking for.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Willis VA
Quote:
vafinfan wrote:
Quote:
The target is Tannehill, or at least that seems the next logical choice


I know I'm just a fan but I fail to see the logic...maybe I will come September.


His coach is Miami's OC. He has developed in a WC system. His skill set is accuracy and athleticism, the two things Ireland talked about last year. It just seems to be a fit. People may think he's overrated but that doesn't take away from the obvious links to what Miami is looking for.


I was trying to imply that I haven't seen the logic from the front office so far....I would be happy if we ended up with Tannehill.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
phinsfansc wrote:
has agreed on a deal with Seattle.

Tweets
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Matt Flynn has agreed to terms witj Seattle on a 3-yr contract worth up to $26M w/$10M guaranteed.
7 minutes ago

That seemed to be a fair contract and one the Dolphins should have felt comfortable offering.


Almost $9M per is a fair contract for an unproven 7th rounder who has played 2 games? The Seahawks are fools.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
eleaf wrote:
Almost $9M per is a fair contract for an unproven 7th rounder who has played 2 games? The Seahawks are fools.


...... and desperate.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 pm
Posts: 2
What QB would came here when we have no WRs.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r