All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:23 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I have to venture and say maybe Philbin and Ireland wanted all the guys that didnt sign ?? Maybe they all found out what a joke Miami's front office is when they visited !!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

apatos19 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Thank God.

Now let's go get a franchise QB in April.

Which one? I can see possibly drafting Tannehill if he falls tu, but not trading up. Everyone else looks pretty chancy...

The target is Tannehill, or at least that seems the next logical choice. If you have to jump up to get him you start putting together a package. If its Cleveland you have to jump you probably consider something like 2 1st rounders, you extra 3rd and Sean Smith. Minnesota needs a CB and Smith's contract is up next year.

I can't see them dealing Jake Long after not signing Winston.

Its completely possible they love a guy like Weeden, Cousins or (cringe) Osweiler. In that case you probably offer your 2nd and newly acquired 3rd rounder, plus maybe a late pick, to jump to the top of round 2 or late Round 1 to get him.

I personally think Cleveland is going after Weeden at 22.

Don't forget if SF gets Manning then Smith has few options (maybe even Cleveland which negates worrying about trading up too high). If Tennessee gets him then you have Matt Hasslebeck as a nice bridge option for a year.

Fear not!!!! All hope is not lost!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

jammer wrote:
Don't forget if SF gets Manning then Smith has few options (maybe even Cleveland which negates worrying about trading up too high). If Tennessee gets him then you have Matt Hasslebeck as a nice bridge option for a year.

Fear not!!!! All hope is not lost!!!!

Right on, Jammer. The worst case scenario at this time is if Peyton goes to Denver, because I'd be okay with either of those 2 situations, but NOT okay with Tebowmania in Miami. Personally I love the guy as a human being, but he's the antithesis of what a QB has to be in the WCO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Starting the "Pat Devlin in 2012" movement now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

PossumHollow wrote:

Remember that guy named Matt Moore who finished the 2011 season with a QB rating of 87.1 and ranked #12????? Last time I checked he was still a Dolphin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Most of you guys didn't even want Flynn, cause 2 good games don't make a QB. Now everyone is bitching about the fact that we didn't sign him! Come on guys, say what you really mean, either we go through the draft or take a chance on a guy who really hasn't been tested. I say, we draft a QB, Tannehill or someone else available at that spot, get some WR's later in other rounds and have Moore start the year. The offense will be a West Coast offense, meaning you don't throw deep more than 3-4 times a game, dink and dunk, throw short and let the WR make plays. We have Bush who would and did great in that role. Marshall dropped too many TD's and most of you are pissed that we got rid of him, (even though we should have gotten more than what we did), he still dropped too many balls. I hope that we fire Ireland after (or during) this season, get a football minded GM, and build the team, I'm just as upset that in the off season we are already talking about next season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

bobby0112 wrote:
PossumHollow wrote:

Remember that guy named Matt Moore who finished the 2011 season with a QB rating of 87.1 and ranked #12????? Last time I checked he was still a Dolphin.

Yeah I was being sarcastic for all the bridge jumpers who will be calling for Moore's replacement by week 3

While I am not a huge fan of Moore, I am comfortable with him or anyone who can beat him in a fair competition, to run the offense Week 1. I would like to see us put our emphasis on geting a big athletic receiver and tight end combo and a RT.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:52 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I am glad we have Moore on our team. I am looking forward to which Qb we get in the draft. Go! Phins!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:55 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Phins Rock wrote:
Thank God.

Now let's go get a franchise QB in April.

What makes you think they can pull that off PR?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

PossumHollow wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
PossumHollow wrote:

Yeah I was being sarcastic for all the bridge jumpers who will be calling for Moore's replacement by week 3

While I am not a huge fan of Moore, I am comfortable with him or anyone who can beat him in a fair competition, to run the offense Week 1. I would like to see us put our emphasis on geting a big athletic receiver and tight end combo and a RT.

Gotcha. The way things have unfolded so far it looks like Miami is now looking for an upgrade as a back up QB for Matt Moore to replace JP Losman. I was fine with Moore remaining as the QB, it just feels like overall Miami has taken a step backward by trading Marshall. I think Pass Rusher & WR are the two most glaring holes right now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:16 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Take it for what it's worth, but this was Flynn's comment about his experiences....ugh.
Peter King's Tweet
http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/18/2 ... difference

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ytnewton wrote:
Take it for what it's worth, but this was Flynn's comment about his experiences....ugh.
Peter King's Tweet

Oh my God we're soooooo dooooooooomed because Seattle had a good vibe in the building!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:
ytnewton wrote:
Peter King's Tweet

Oh my God we're soooooo dooooooooomed because Seattle had a good vibe in the building!!!!!!!!

Billy Volek 2.0 and Carroll bought it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:06 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

not sure where this leaves us but lets see how that "vibe" is come December. I mean what kind of vibe can desperate teams really have.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:28 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
The target is Tannehill, or at least that seems the next logical choice

I know I'm just a fan but I fail to see the logic...maybe I will come September.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

SO Flynn's contract is actually $19M, 10 guaranteed, & possibly 5 more in incentives.

6 a year isn't what we wanted to pay him & I'm fine with that. & if Flynn wanted to get payed so he could compete with Tavaris Jackson then thats what is important to him.

If we gave him 3 a year & he couldn't beat out Matt Moore then he, & us, wouldn't be so well off

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They over paid big time. I was confident in Flynn coming to Miami because of his relationship with Philbin and his understanding of what we were trying to build. I don't have that same confidence in Flynn if he plays for a new coach with a different system. I think this move will fail for Seattle, much like Kolb and Cassell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 am 

wkloiber13 wrote:
They over paid big time. I was confident in Flynn coming to Miami because of his relationship with Philbin and his understanding of what we were trying to build. I don't have that same confidence in Flynn if he plays for a new coach with a different system. I think this move will fail for Seattle, much like Kolb and Cassell.

I tend to agree , except if Flynn really excels & becomes the guy. Then it was worth it. However I feel the same way about Alex Smith. New coach & system would equal the old Alex Smith.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I'm so glad Miami won those meaningless games last year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

vafinfan wrote:
Quote:

I know I'm just a fan but I fail to see the logic...maybe I will come September.

His coach is Miami's OC. He has developed in a WC system. His skill set is accuracy and athleticism, the two things Ireland talked about last year. It just seems to be a fit. People may think he's overrated but that doesn't take away from the obvious links to what Miami is looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
vafinfan wrote:
Quote:

His coach is Miami's OC. He has developed in a WC system. His skill set is accuracy and athleticism, the two things Ireland talked about last year. It just seems to be a fit. People may think he's overrated but that doesn't take away from the obvious links to what Miami is looking for.

I was trying to imply that I haven't seen the logic from the front office so far....I would be happy if we ended up with Tannehill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
has agreed on a deal with Seattle.

Tweets
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Matt Flynn has agreed to terms witj Seattle on a 3-yr contract worth up to $26M w/$10M guaranteed.
7 minutes ago

That seemed to be a fair contract and one the Dolphins should have felt comfortable offering.

Almost $9M per is a fair contract for an unproven 7th rounder who has played 2 games? The Seahawks are fools.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

eleaf wrote:
Almost $9M per is a fair contract for an unproven 7th rounder who has played 2 games? The Seahawks are fools.

...... and desperate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 pm 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

What QB would came here when we have no WRs.

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2