View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Brandon Marshall visiting the Dolphins? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Brandon Marshall visiting the Dolphins?
This came off a comment board posted on one of the Sun-Sentinel's blogs today. I don't know the validity of it, and i don't trust it at all, but it's out there.

"Peter king was on nfl sirrus radio yest morning and mentioned it (that Marshall is visiting the Dolphins today) on the morning drive show with randy cross"

I have a hard time believing Parcells and co. would look at this guy, but...

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Brandon Marshall visiting the Dolphins?
Marshall wouldn't be my first choice to go after but I would guess that it would be easier to get a true number 1 with NFL experience than to draft one. IMHO we are going to fill needs on offense through FA. We will get younger on defense through the draft. I don't see us drafting an offensive guy until the 3rd or 4th round.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Strictly from a skills stand point. The guy is a freak. On Calvin Johnson's freakish level. If he could keep his mind right he could be a HOF'er. Not to mention the way he punished the Pats last year. Oh man.. was that beautiful.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would certainly hope this is true, dude has some real talent.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I can't find anything on this anywhere, and judging by the high profile of Marshall, if it were true it would be all over. I say it's nothing more than a rumor.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

New possible trade scenario
12:23
PM ET
Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Buccaneers?, Jets?, Dolphins?, Cowboys?, Patriots?, Bengals?, Seahawks? Top Email

Destinations for Brandon
The first speculation was that Marshall would be headed to the Seahawks or the Redskins, via two of our NFL Nation bloggers.
Cincinnati has a need for a second WR to go along with Chad Ochocinco, but we're not sure the Bengals would want another head case, T.O. rumors notwithstanding.
The Cowboys need a legitimate No. 1 WR and Jerry Jones would have no problem forking over cash for a new deal to Marshall.
The Bucs and Dolphins have been loosely linked to the UCF alum.
As it stands, the Seattle Seahawks could tender an offer sheet to Brandon Marshall, and if the Denver Broncos don't match, they'd receive the No. 6 pick overall in trade. But it's also possible that the teams could work out a more mutually-beneficial deal (notwithstanding ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter's comments below). One plan was hatched up by Chris Sullivan of the Seahawks Addicts blog (we think there's a pill for that condition, by the way). In the Sullivan plan, the Seahawks swap their initial pick (No. 6) for the Broncos' (No. 11) as well as their second first-rounder (No. 14) for the Broncos' second-rounder. Using the old draft pick trade value chart, that leaves the Seahawks 1,000 points down. If we consider every other team in the league as a possibility to sign away Marshall, it would return an average of the 16th overall pick, which is valued at 1,000 points. So it's a wash.

Of course, Schefter reiterates that the Broncos are prepared to forge ahead with Marshall on the roster, and might not be keen on the pick-swapping deal. NFC West blogger Mike Sando votes against Seattle making the move, even for their second first-rounder:

This from ESPN, this is all I can find with Marshall and Dolphins in the same paragraph. I hope the rumor is true because Brandon is a true #1 and pretty sick. He would also get lots of attention so maybe Ginn and Bess/Hartline can blow up. He is also a pretty big body that we can use in our blocking schemes.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:31 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

hypocritex wrote:
Strictly from a skills stand point. The guy is a freak. On Calvin Johnson's freakish level. If he could keep his mind right he could be a HOF'er. Not to mention the way he punished the Pats last year. Oh man.. was that beautiful.

:yay:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]