All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like it FF but a 4th? I think if they sign Peyton he could be had for a pep talk and a bag of footballs. Maybe an 6 or 7th

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Some of you are having a cow over nothing. I like Tebow, but he doesn't fit into our offensive scheme.

:angry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Broncos traded picks to move up and draft Tebow. I am sure they won't let him go for a low pick. Then again, who else would make an offer? It is all moot anyway, since I now think the 49er's will get Peyton. It gives him his best shot of returning to the Super Bowl.....but I think this is just the Favre story repeating.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Some of you are having a cow over nothing. I like Tebow, but he doesn't fit into our offensive scheme.

You can blame Finhead... :embarrassed:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:41 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

You can blame Finhead... :embarrassed:

LOL.

:lickice:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

JUNKIE, I did proudly catch a 7 foot Sailfish off South Florida, so I do sometimes know how to throw bait in the water and reel in the catch! :fart:

You are absolutely 100% fun to mess with and once you get all analytical, look out! Especially about Timmy! Timmy! Timmy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

JUNKIE, I did proudly catch a 7 foot Sailfish off South Florida, so I do sometimes know how to throw bait in the water and reel in the catch!

You are absolutely 100% fun to mess with and once you get all analytical, look out! Especially about Timmy! Timmy! Timmy!

I am missing a sailfish from my resume. Jumped 2 on accident, of course on 15lb test anchored both times. Going on tomorrow for some early kings, I'll update.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

NFLJunkie wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
lol@ Rich "Unreal"

This forum topic has "JUNKIE" written all over it!

As the ESPN analysts would say "Come on Man"!!! Tebow and his pop warner style football will get shut down. He can't keep playing rugby smash mouth style football too long before one of those 275 pound backers that run 4.5 blasts into his shoulder.

I have to say I have had a lot of fun watching JUNKIE go back and forth with everyone!!! :ann0y: :ann0y:

Finhead baits me in, sets the hook then leaves me on the bank to rot in the sun....nice.

:), now that's funny....

Anyways....I like Tebow, has a different style all his own....But, I don't know if we, as Dolphin fans, could handle it....lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joe Philbin is gonna get an erratic passer like Tim Tebow to run his precision system? Ya, ok .....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:40 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

If Tebow come's to Miami I'll instantly become a Jets fan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Von Chahe wrote:

I couldn't ever be a Jets fan, but I could go as far as not watching the Dolphins while he is on the team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:34 am 

I would have to think we get Flynn or draft Tannehil. In fact I dont see how we could not get Flynn unless the price is to steep for a guy with 2 career starts (unbelievable that with 2 career starts he is considered another savior but that is the current state of this team & a few others). However if these options do fail , from a business point I can see why Ross would go after Tebow strongly. He would put far more people in the seats than Flynn , Tannehil & even Moore combined. You might draw a strong crowd from the northern part of the state where he went to college. Plus the everyday coverage win or lose would be to Ross' advantage as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:41 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Plus the everyday coverage win or lose would be to Ross' advantage as well.

True, until Tebow struggles and doesn't win and Miami is saddled with a running QB that will ultimately need to be replaced. I can see Tebow being out of football in a couple of years as much as people can see stardom in this guy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Hen wrote:
Anyways....I like Tebow, has a different style all his own....But, I don't know if we, as Dolphin fans, could handle it....lol

I think I could only handle the 4th quarter of each game. I hate going three and out. You really need better ball control from him. Also, he'd cost us a draft pick.

Rock Sexton wrote:
Joe Philbin is gonna get an erratic passer like Tim Tebow to run his precision system? Ya, ok .....

There you have it right there. Flynn did well in the offense when given the opportunity because he is good with the short and medium passes. He makes the quick read and doesn't create stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is pure speculation because we haven't signed a free agent or drafted a rookie. The second we sign Flynn nobody will be talking about Tebow going to Miami. They just love torturing teams with quarterback issues with the idea that Tebow will be going to them, especially if the team is in Florida.
My opinion of Tebow is he will be cut or traded for a mid to late round pick if the Broncos can get Manning. Tebow will then look to find a job as a backup somewhere desperate to sell tickets. I could still see him going to Jacksonville even though they already have Gabbert and Henne.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:31 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

degs wrote:
Von Chahe wrote:

I couldn't ever be a Jets fan, but I could go as far as not watching the Dolphins while he is on the team

I hate Tebow with a passion. He's a fullback. He's not even a system QB like how Brady is. He'll end up getting hurt and the Tebow "Black Magic" will disappear. I'm not sure why all those years ago when he was at UF ESPN was so in love with him. Then the NFL decided to get into the action when he went to Denver.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Von Chahe wrote:
degs wrote:
Von Chahe wrote:

I hate Tebow with a passion. He's a fullback. He's not even a system QB like how Brady is. He'll end up getting hurt and the Tebow "Black Magic" will disappear. I'm not sure why all those years ago when he was at UF ESPN was so in love with him. Then the NFL decided to get into the action when he went to Denver.

Hate for whatever you like but becoming a jet is never acceptable haha

Seriously hope we're done with the Wildcat/Single Wing. Thats why this "used to be hot topic" article was written because Tebow could've been given a cushioned chance at success.

Saddest part is I can completely imagine Ross saying "Hey, this could get us the attention I've been looking for"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Can we get lucky and see the Brownies trade for Tebow?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tebow is young QB with a tremendous upside. While I don't see him being a West Coast Offense guy but I can see them bringing him for a special offensive package.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Too much controversy if Tebow was brought to Miami for just special packages. Denver will want to trade him to a team that plans on allowing him to compete for a starting spot and Tebow is not a West coast style QB, so I say no way he comes to the fins.

I honestly think Matt Moore will be battling a rookie from this year's draft and Cleveland could very well stick to McCoy and draft Richardson or Blackmon as a high potent player to help support their offense. If that happens one would feel Tannehill will come to Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Too much controversy if Tebow was brought to Miami for just special packages. Denver will want to trade him to a team that plans on allowing him to compete for a starting spot and Tebow is not a West coast style QB, so I say no way he comes to the fins.

I honestly think Matt Moore will be battling a rookie from this year's draft and Cleveland could very well stick to McCoy and draft Richardson or Blackmon as a high potent player to help support their offense. If that happens one would feel Tannehill will come to Miami.

God I wish we could make a move to get Blackmon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:53 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

God I wish we could make a move to get Blackmon.

Finally something we can agree on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I just don't get it Tebow is a proven winner. Put him in position to win and continue to develop him. Where does all this hate come from. "I won't watch games" "I will become a Jets fan" give me a break. The guy is a clubhouse leader as well which is rare and invaluable.

Since when is a system more important than wins? Get the talent and use it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ggippo wrote:
I just don't get it Tebow is a proven winner. Put him in position to win and continue to develop him. Where does all this hate come from. "I won't watch games" "I will become a Jets fan" give me a break. The guy is a clubhouse leader as well which is rare and invaluable.

Wow, a whopping 8 regular season wins in a piss poor division only to have all his weaknesses exposed in the playoffs. Good luck with that. His leadership can't make up for that fact that the guy is one of the worst passers in the NFL. He's a walking gimmick. Look how quickly Denver was to get rid of him and gamble on a 36 year old coming off 4 neck surgeries, nerve regeneration, and toss in a 5 year $95 million contract to boot. Usain Bolt couldn't run away from Tebow faster than the Denver brass did.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Wow, a whopping 8 regular season wins in a piss poor division only to have all his weaknesses exposed in the playoffs. Good luck with that. His leadership can't make up for that fact that the guy is one of the worst passers in the NFL. He's a walking gimmick. Look how quickly Denver was to get rid of him and gamble on a 36 year old coming off 4 neck surgeries, nerve regeneration, and toss in a 5 year $95 million contract to boot. Usain Bolt couldn't run away from Tebow faster than the Denver brass.

I think tebow can develop into a good QB. If he came to miami theres no chance they could run the west coast offense right now theyd have to design an offense for him like denver did. Tebow did not just beat garbage teams he also beat the steelers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolfan91 wrote:
I think tebow can develop into a good QB. If he came to miami theres no chance they could run the west coast offense right now theyd have to design an offense for him like denver did. Tebow did not just beat garbage teams he also beat the steelers.

An injury-riddled Steelers team.

How do you develop Tebow into a good QB with a completion percentage of less than 50% in the pros? How do you change his god awful delivery? How do you get him to see the field in a pro-style offense when it's clear all he can do is make college-single reads? You gonna pretend you can play every game so close to the vest in hopes of a Tebow comeback?

Screw that mess ...... turning this franchise into a gimmicky college offense just to cater to Tim Tebow is pure mindlessness. Denver did it out of necessity because of the fans constant clamoring for him ...... but at the end of the day they found out what everyone else already knows, which is why they are replacing him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Wow, a whopping 8 regular season wins in a piss poor division only to have all his weaknesses exposed in the playoffs. Good luck with that. His leadership can't make up for that fact that the guy is one of the worst passers in the NFL. He's a walking gimmick. Look how quickly Denver was to get rid of him and gamble on a 36 year old coming off 4 neck surgeries, nerve regeneration, and toss in a 5 year $95 million contract to boot. Usain Bolt couldn't run away from Tebow faster than the Denver brass did.

More 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB in the NFL history at this stage of their careers. A playoff victory over the Steelers. Align that wtih the fact that the play calling put him in a position to fail. Neither Elway, nor Fox, ever had this guys back. The very fact these two morons are running away, should lead people to Tebow. The bottom line is the haters have no reason. He has overcome. He leads a 1-4 Bronco Team to the Playoffs with leadership skills that are off the charts. Unorthodox..sure...so was Michael Johnson's Olympic Gold Medal runs. So was Henry Aaron's cross handed batting style. BTW...Tebows first 12 games...better than Elways.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
How do you develop Tebow into a good QB with a completion percentage of less than 50% in the pros?

Can you imagine if someone had thought the same thing about Elway or Steve Young. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Screw that mess ...... turning this franchise into a gimmicky college offense just to cater to Tim Tebow is pure mindlessness. Denver did it out of necessity because of the fans constant clamoring for him ...... but at the end of the day they found out what everyone else already knows, which is why they are replacing him.

Yes like this Miami team has had such a great track record the last 3 decades that trying something new is out of the question. :hithead: Denver didn't find out anything. Neither Elway nor Fox ever supported Tebow. The play calling always put Tebow in a hole to the point that when they finally took the bit out of his mouth....he dominated. Building around a player of that skill and leadership is exactly what Miami should do. Otherwise,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Yes like this Miami team has had such a great track record the last 3 decades that trying something new is out of the question. :hithead: Denver didn't find out anything. Neither Elway nor Fox ever supported Tebow. The play calling always put Tebow in a hole to the point that when they finally took the bit out of his mouth....he dominated. Building around a player of that skill and leadership is exactly what Miami should do. Otherwise,

What exactly would be new? Trading for someone else's QB? Signing a FA QB?
The only new thing would be using a first round pick on a QB. Everything else has been done over and over.

And let's not pretend Tebow will be a good NFL QB. He had a great run last year for a guy with little or no skill as a QB. Teams have tape now and will shut him down pretty badly. You talk about his 'leadership' qualities but is he the first QB with leadership? Name someone else with so little skills but 'overwhelming' leadership?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
And let's not pretend Tebow will be a good NFL QB.

Yes...and let's pretend Steve Young and Elway aren't HOF QB's. I love how people are so willing to forget what he accomplished late in games when the shackles of his OC came off. It was nothing less than completely phenomenol. I watched it first hand here in Denver. I'd take him in a minute.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Name someone else with so little skills but 'overwhelming' leadership?

Judging players at the same point in their respective careers its easy. Unfortunately you and others will scoff and use hindsight as your judge.

Joe Montana...undersized, 3rd round draft choice, too short and too small to be an NFL QB.

Zach Thomas - undersized. 5th round draft choice, too short, too small to be a quality NFL LB.

Karl Mecklenberg - 12th round draft choice - yadda yadda yadda

Tom Brady - Started one unspectacular year at Michigan. Drafted in the 6th round. Only saw the field due to an injury to Drew Bledsoe.

The fact is the NFL is littered with guys whose heart is bigger than their talent. So much so their perserverance and hard work overcame any deficiency seen by the experts. Tebow is only "hated" by those who dislike his public display of faith. Otherwise, they wouldn't have a problem with him at all. You can pick them out on this board...their posts always have in them two things...lack of facts and the phrase, "I have nothing personal against him" or " I wish him well". Please, at least present a few facts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Joe Montana...undersized, 3rd round draft choice, too short and too small to be an NFL QB.

You mean a guy who could throw the ball and be accurate???
Name me one guy with so few skills at the QB position as Tebow that has been successful?

Quote:
The fact is the NFL is littered with guys whose heart is bigger than their talent. So much so their perserverance and hard work overcame any deficiency seen by the experts.

Yup, and the ones that are successful have some talent in their repetoire.
I haven't found that in Tebow, other than he is a "winner" (whatever that means in a team sport)

Quote:
Tebow is only "hated" by those who dislike his public display of faith.

I don't hate Tebow, I just don't believe he'll be a good QB in the NFL.

I do dislike those whose blind faith make them LOVE Tebow because he is a devout Christian. I don't remember anyone taking out billboards to say "bench Tebow", but I do remember "start Tebow" billboards when the kid hadn't even played in the NFL. That's just pathetic. Even Tebow said (something similar) to that.

As for liking/disliking those with faith, I did/do like Kurt Warner, another guy of faith. He had skills and a hard-nosed style of play I liked and respected. So don't tell me I "hate" Tebow because of his public display of faith.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
Name someone else with so little skills but 'overwhelming' leadership?

Judging players at the same point in their respective careers its easy. Unfortunately you and others will scoff and use hindsight as your judge.

Zach Thomas - undersized. 5th round draft choice, too short, too small to be a quality NFL LB.

Karl Mecklenberg - 12th round draft choice - yadda yadda yadda

Tom Brady - Started one unspectacular year at Michigan. Drafted in the 6th round. Only saw the field due to an injury to Drew Bledsoe.

The fact is the NFL is littered with guys whose heart is bigger than their talent. So much so their perserverance and hard work overcame any deficiency seen by the experts. Tebow is only "hated" by those who dislike his public display of faith. Otherwise, they wouldn't have a problem with him at all. You can pick them out on this board...their posts always have in them two things...lack of facts and the phrase, "I have nothing personal against him" or " I wish him well". Please, at least present a few facts.

Those players you listed actually had the necessary SKILLS to play their respective positions regardless of physical size or being looked over.

Tebow is not a pure passer, never will be. Don't come talking to people about "facts" when all you ever spew about Tebow are these mythical intangibles ..... which get exposed vs. the better teams in the league. You can't pray your way to a Super Bowl. They barely prayed their way to an 8-8 season in an absolutely dreadful division. Want to watch college offenses, go watch football on Saturday morning.

..... and please spare us this idea that John Fox and Elway didn't do what was necessary to acclimate the offense around Tebow's deficiencies. What did you miss about that option heavy offense they ran for the majority of the year? They had no choice. Tebow can't run a pro offense. Guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn consistently let alone survey the field appropriately. Which is why they stripped the entire playbook down to college level. What an embarrassment. A "professional" football player who has to run a college offense just to be serviceable.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You don't have a clue but you state things like you do. The Start Tebow billboards were started because of his Performance on the field during the end of the 2010 season. Denver opened the season losing under Orton and the entire team was playing lackluster football. The signs were leased out to bring pressure on village idiot 1 (Elway) and VI2 (Fox). Guess what....turns out the fans were right and those two were wrong. It had nothing to do with Tebows faith.m

PS Rock is right....The Manning signing was ludicrous and like the Jets when they signed Favre I expect a fast start followed by a complete Broncos crash.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeap....people were so sure of their skill that every HOF listed there was drafted number 1 in their respective drafts. Any moron can look back and see "talent" and you two are so good at spotting it, you're both highly paid and respected NFL scouts. LOL.BTW taking a 1-4 team and making them a playoff team isn't an intangible. It wasn't mythical either...it is fact. More 4 quarter comebacks than Elway and Marino combined over the same 12 game period in their careers. Fact. Tebow ran McDaniels offense just fine...fact.

BTW how many complete Bronco Games did u watch? I'd venture a guess and say none. It was clear to anyone watching the playbook wasn't being opened until the end of the game. If Tebow can't throw and is such an embarrassment....how did he win?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Yeap....people were so sure of their skill that every HOF listed there was drafted number 1 in their respective drafts. Any moron can look back and see "talent" and you two are so good at spotting it, you're both highly paid and respected NFL scouts. LOL.BTW taking a 1-4 team and making them a playoff team isn't an intangible. It wasn't mythical either...it is fact. More 4 quarter comebacks than Elway and Marino combined over the same 12 game period in their careers. Fact. Tebow ran McDaniels offense just fine...fact.

BTW how many complete Bronco Games did u watch? I'd venture a guess and say none. It was clear to anyone watching the playbook wasn't being opened until the end of the game. If Tebow can't throw and is such an embarrassment....how did he win?

The fact is the stripped down the playbook specifically for Tebow and that's why they want him out. Because they know he can't win long-term in the NFL. Or do you have some other mythical fact explaining why they want to get rid of this "franchise" QB.

A few blind luck wins and a playoff win over an injury depleted team won't find Tebow another starting job. If he winds up in one through injury, he'll flop hard as teams have more tape on him now.

I bet they get a 5th round pick for him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:02 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I live in Denver, Tebow's effect on a team is far worse than you guys can imagine. 50% of the fan base will be rational and despise his sloppy play and erratic behavior. But the other 50% will fall in love with his charm and good morals. That other 50% will become rabid Tebow fans that will boo and jeer every quarterback you throw out there that isn't Tebow. Fans will chant his name all week long in practice and all Sunday long during games. The owner will eventually relent and he'll wind up starting even though his play hasn't deserved it. Tebow is a plague. If he winds up being a Dolphin I will not watch another Dolphins game until he is released to traded. He will single handedly ruin our team.
Unless of course our goal is to completely tank a season to get Matt Barkley, then Tebow is the perfect answer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
If we could have Tebow for a 4th round pick and a lean contract, then sure. Put him in on some series to run the wildcat, in a no huddle set. He would be perfect in that role. He is like a RB who can throw...well sometimes he throws....but defenses would have to respect the pass if he were the guy taking the snap. Motion Bush across the formation and that has to be respected as well. No huddle prevents substitutions by the defense and Tebow has shown that he is a tough leader on the field. It would be great. I am sure he would command a lot more money than we would be willing to pay for a role player though.

Happily we have a coach who doesn't have ties to that gimmick offense

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I dont get all you guys saying you wont support the dolphins if they get Tebow. What ever happened to being a fin fan for life. Idk about everyone else but if Tebow could take us to the playoffs and win a game there last time I checked thats a massive upgrade over anything we have done in the last 10 years. Those saying its a team sport the dolphins are kinda similar to how the broncos were last season. They both have good dfenses they both can run the ball which i expect us to be better at this year after having a halfway decent right side of the oline that im expexting us to have. Im all for bringing on Tebow to the phins.

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next