Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
I live in Denver, Tebow's effect on a team is far worse than you guys can imagine. 50% of the fan base will be rational and despise his sloppy play and erratic behavior. But the other 50% will fall in love with his charm and good morals. That other 50% will become rabid Tebow fans that will boo and jeer every quarterback you throw out there that isn't Tebow. Fans will chant his name all week long in practice and all Sunday long during games. The owner will eventually relent and he'll wind up starting even though his play hasn't deserved it. Tebow is a plague. If he winds up being a Dolphin I will not watch another Dolphins game until he is released to traded. He will single handedly ruin our team.
Unless of course our goal is to completely tank a season to get Matt Barkley, then Tebow is the perfect answer.

So completely discount the fact that when the had no choice but to open the playbook late in games, Tebow performed off the charts. I can't imagine the Yankees of the 80s getting rid of Mr. October (Reggie!) because his play the rest of the season was less than ordinary. I love how the haters just want to discount the fact the Broncos couldn't beat a girl scout team before Tebow...but ended up in the playoffs and beating Pittsburgh in the first round. BTW...what is left to ruin with this franchise? How far removed are they from 1-15? Please, a player of Tebows quality could only infect this team and make it better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Yeap....people were so sure of their skill that every HOF listed there was drafted number 1 in their respective drafts. Any moron can look back and see "talent" and you two are so good at spotting it, you're both highly paid and respected NFL scouts. LOL.BTW taking a 1-4 team and making them a playoff team isn't an intangible. It wasn't mythical either...it is fact. More 4 quarter comebacks than Elway and Marino combined over the same 12 game period in their careers. Fact. Tebow ran McDaniels offense just fine...fact.

BTW how many complete Bronco Games did u watch? I'd venture a guess and say none. It was clear to anyone watching the playbook wasn't being opened until the end of the game. If Tebow can't throw and is such an embarrassment....how did he win?

The fact is the stripped down the playbook specifically for Tebow and that's why they want him out. Because they know he can't win long-term in the NFL. Or do you have some other mythical fact explaining why they want to get rid of this "franchise" QB.

A few blind luck wins and a playoff win over an injury depleted team won't find Tebow another starting job. If he winds up in one through injury, he'll flop hard as teams have more tape on him now.

I bet they get a 5th round pick for him.

You could've just said none. The FACT is they opened the playbook in the late 4th and Tebow and the Bronco's thrived. Elway and Fox were just too stupid to figure out how to make that 4th quarter magic work the rest of the game. Instead of transforming Tebow into something he's not, they should've built the team around him. Their loss. As for those decrying Tebows affect on the fanbase...please. The Broncos games were empty by the 4th quarter and the faithful were getting drunk on the bad news of another loss. This kid enters and changes their entire destiny, fills the seats and even with insurmountable leads...people never left the stadium because they knew they would miss something special on the field. IF he finds an advocate in the NFL, he'll line their offices with Lombardis down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolfan91 wrote:
I dont get all you guys saying you wont support the dolphins if they get Tebow. What ever happened to being a fin fan for life. Idk about everyone else but if Tebow could take us to the playoffs and win a game there last time I checked thats a massive upgrade over anything we have done in the last 10 years. Those saying its a team sport the dolphins are kinda similar to how the broncos were last season. They both have good dfenses they both can run the ball which i expect us to be better at this year after having a halfway decent right side of the oline that im expexting us to have. Im all for bringing on Tebow to the phins.

:awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:

Fairweather fans suck. I've been a fan since 71 and have never looked back. It is amazing that signing a winning QB who has good moral character can send people over the edge but the minute they sign a good athlete who can't stay out of trouble, there is one excuse after another as to why they shouldn't get rid of him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

IF he finds an advocate in the NFL, he'll line their offices with Lombardis down the road.

I admire your love affair with Tebow...lol. You have such a strong passion for him, but the FACT remains, he's not that good man, I'm sorry. He's a great guy and a good football player without a position. I wish he makes it, I really do. He has more heart than any other player IMO, but the Bronco fan is right. He will only add to the circus down here. Tebow followers are becoming a cult, there was actually talk in Denver that Manning isn't an upgrade over Tebow as he has "unlimited potential that needs to be tapped".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Fairweather fans suck. I've been a fan since 71 and have never looked back. It is amazing that signing a winning QB who has good moral character can send people over the edge but the minute they sign a good athlete who can't stay out of trouble, there is one excuse after another as to why they shouldn't get rid of him.

Has nothing to do with fair weather.

Some of us do not want a "college" product out there on the football field. We want a pro team. Has nothing to do with moral character.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

NFLJunkie wrote:
Tebow is young QB with a tremendous upside. While I don't see him being a West Coast Offense guy but I can see them bringing him for a special offensive package.

This...
Create a slash role in the offense. Now instead of trying to build a offense to hide Tebow's glaring weaknesses, you make a triple threat weapon that defenses have to respect.

If you get tebow to accept that role instead of being a starting QB, Everyone wins. Ross would have his superstar to fill the seats and bring Miami national attention again.

What would that be worth? How about those two thirds we got for marshall?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Some of us do not want a "college" product out there on the football field. We want a pro team. Has nothing to do with moral character.

I'll take any product that improves the team. The wildcat was a college product and it fueled Miami's first division title in 8 years. I'll take that again in a heartbeat. It was a fun year even with the loss in the playoffs. The bottom line, Tebow went 7-4 including the playoffs last season and he did that being handcuffed for 3.5 quarters a game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

apatos13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Tebow is young QB with a tremendous upside. While I don't see him being a West Coast Offense guy but I can see them bringing him for a special offensive package.

This...
Create a slash role in the offense. Now instead of trying to build a offense to hide Tebow's glaring weaknesses, you make a triple threat weapon that defenses have to respect.

If you get tebow to accept that role instead of being a starting QB, Everyone wins. Ross would have his superstar to fill the seats and bring Miami national attention again.

What would that be worth? How about those two thirds we got for marshall?

as I said earlier...I think the Broncos would take anything to help them save face. Offer a 5th.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:15 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Junkie, he's just not that good. Moral counts for a lot, that's why I don't care we got rid of Marshall. marshall was talented with bad moral and he's gone. Tebow has good moral, but not talent so I dont want him. The pats expsed him bigtime. The Steelers played a man coverage without there starting safety and got torched. THe Pats went to a cover 2 and 3 zone and exposed Tebow. Check his passing completions throughout the year, dreadful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Junkie, he's just not that good. Moral counts for a lot, that's why I don't care we got rid of Marshall. marshall was talented with bad moral and he's gone. Tebow has good moral, but not talent so I dont want him. The pats expsed him bigtime. The Steelers played a man coverage without there starting safety and got torched. THe Pats went to a cover 2 and 3 zone and exposed Tebow. Check his passing completions throughout the year, dreadful.

If Tebow weren't that good, the Broncos who couldn't beat their own shadow before he started, went 7-4 and a playoff run with a bad QB. Stats are a funny thing...they tell part of the story as always. Neither Elway, nor Steve Young at the same point in their careers had stellar completion percentages. Neither had Tebows prety good TD to INT ratio either. Throw in Tebows rushing TDs and his percentage goes up. At the end of the day, he has an unorthodox style but he has proven it works. I will say this, it will take an advocate who'll take bullets while he matures and I just don't see that person in the NFL today. At the end of the day no one had better stats during his era than Dan Marino. He was good enough to carry mediocre teams to winning records but not the full distance. Tebow in his first season won a playoff game against a pretty good Steelers Team. He inspired an underachieving team to compete and he brought them back to win games more often than any QB in HISTORY. I'm sorry if I don't buy the fact people think he doesn't have talent. I hated Tebow in College. I was a UT fan and every time a good UT team went down there...this talentless hack who looked like a FB playing QB beat them every time. Just when you thought he couldn't throw it....he'd launch a perfectly thrown ball to win the game. I came to respect him long before I even knew about his beliefs. That hasn't changed. He still just wins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd be all for bringing Tebow in to play a FB/TE hybrid. I think he could excel at the position. That being said, I don't know if Timmy is ready to give up on his QB dreams quite yet. At least with him on the team and it being clear that he is NOT a qb, you both sell tickets and avoid the drama of speculation when he would see the field as a qb.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He's not coming here. He doesn't fit the offensive style they want to incorporate. Philbins west coast style is grip it and rip it. The rumor is 5 teams are interested. I'd venture to say the Patriots are one of those even if they have to bring him in to run a special type of package. I believe he'll be had on the cheap and I also think he'll go where he has an opportunity to play QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
He's not coming here. He doesn't fit the offensive style they want to incorporate. Philbins west coast style is grip it and rip it. The rumor is 5 teams are interested. I'd venture to say the Patriots are one of those even if they have to bring him in to run a special type of package. I believe he'll be had on the cheap and I also think he'll go where he has an opportunity to play QB.

Miami is rumored to be one of those teams though it would be a HUGE mistake to bring him in as a qb. Like I said, bring him in strictly as a TE/FB. Not only do I think he would be a good fit there, but he would also sell tickets and merch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:41 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Ya that would Teblow if we signed him. Don't get me wrong he's fun to watch and he does have some magical indefinable ability to win games when he's not playing terrible but I'd rather see the experiment run by another team.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tebow's one of the few players that warrant LA's response of:

He sucks !!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:00 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:

I would like to see the Patriots pick him up...They simply don't have the roster space. They already have 3 highly invested qb's..Not to mention the salary

I doubt he goes anywhere near the Patsies....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

If the patriots pick him up I can see him involved in the offense at other positions than QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

I saw a list that included Miami (but were interested in everyone of course) and that Denver was looking for a 4th-6th round pick in return

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3