View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm



Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
 Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3392
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
A buddy of mine brought this guy to my attention. He has thrown over 5k yards in 3 of the last 4 seasons (injured for 1). Look at his throwing motion, you will find it eerily familiar.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:22 am
Profile
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8823
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
He's the same size as Henne, but he reminds me of Phillip Rivers a little with his delivery. I know highlight clips always show "good" plays they make, but I like that he can make all the throws. He even throws the ball even better on the run. He makes really good decisions under pressure, too.

It is early for any analysis on him, but he seems to improve each year and he is a 4 year starter. This site has him ranked as the 15th best prospect, so, there has to be a lot of questions marks about him at the moment. Still, it should be interesting to see how much he impresses the scouts at the Combine.

Image

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... Keenum.php

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4743
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Yeah, I live in Houston and he obviously has been a fan favorite down this way. The guy can throw that's for sure and it will be interesting to see how the NFL scouts view him and how the draft plays out for him. You know there will be one sleeper QB taken higher than people anticipated.

If I am Miami, I am playing coy about my QB pick anyway. It is bad enough when interest catches wind back to the player and agent and how all that does is drive the cost up for the team that wants the talent.


Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Gah, that first video's music made me want to stick forks in my ears.....but yeah, incredibly quick delivery.

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6186
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
i'd like to sign manning and draft Case


Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3392
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
The draft reports are pretty bad on him. They dog him simple because of his school (div 2) and the run & shoot offense. This is the school that produced such bust as Kevin Kolb and Andre Ware. However, I think that release is something to really work with and being able to sit him under Manning for a short while will produce one amazing QB. He's projected 7th round or UDFA for 3rd string backup.

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Nope too small..!!!! FAIL!!!


Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:50 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4743
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
They dog him simple because of his school (div 2) and the run & shoot offense.


Houston is a Division 1 School, however, you can certainly question the talent level they played finishing 18th in the Final College AP Polls.

Cougars ranked first in the country in both scoring offense and total offense, averaging 51 points and 599 yards per game in 2011. They did in fact run a spread offense spreading the field horizontally using 3, 4, and even 5-receiver sets.

History usually says a college QB coming in with that background struggles in the NFL.

Case is a talent, but I expect he will be a very late round pick.


Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3392
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
I don't doubt that, question is, with his snap release is he worth bringing in for a late round project?

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2374
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
He could probably be had in the later rounds and might be worth a chance. His accuracy and release might work well in the West Coast system.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:18 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 570
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
He looks like the reincarnation of David Klingler.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
http://youtu.be/TSmCc1GYP9c


Very sad how much all of you disrespect a QB saved our season from a total disaster. Moore was the reason why Bush got 1000 yards, and why we did not go undefeated...!!!

Thank you Matt.... even though many people here treat u like crap..!!!


Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 184
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
LA Fins Fan wrote:
http://youtu.be/TSmCc1GYP9c


Very sad how much all of you disrespect a QB saved our season from a total disaster. Moore was the reason why Bush got 1000 yards, and why we did not go undefeated...!!!

Thank you Matt.... even though many people here treat u like crap..!!!


Totally agree with this. Moore is not a Manning or Brady, but he definitely got the job done under the circumstances. The guy flat out deserves a shot to compete for the spot instead of being dogged out by everyone just because he's not the next coming Dan the man.


Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
rmelendez wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:
http://youtu.be/TSmCc1GYP9c


Very sad how much all of you disrespect a QB saved our season from a total disaster. Moore was the reason why Bush got 1000 yards, and why we did not go undefeated...!!!

Thank you Matt.... even though many people here treat u like crap..!!!


Totally agree with this. Moore is not a Manning or Brady, but he definitely got the job done under the circumstances. The guy flat out deserves a shot to compete for the spot instead of being dogged out by everyone just because he's not the next coming Dan the man.


Eh, I disagree. Moore did nothing more than what Dilfer did for the 2000 Ravens to warrant a starting role. And Dilfer won a freakin' Super Bowl and was still cut.

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3392
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Moore is a serviceable back up, nothing more. Even he knows that. If he competes, it will be with a rookie with more upside.

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Any of you guys who want Matt Moore starting next year, needs a head check. the man has a 6-6 record with us, is that good enough for you? The man is not consistent, I hope it is obvious as to whatever QB we bring in these next few months, that he is blatantly that much better than Moore and gains the starting job right off the bat.

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Go after Manning or Flynn, preferrably Manning. Then draft and sign a lot of help for the offensive line. Drafting a kid like Keenum in the later rounds is an alright idea, but we will need to go after someone the following year again. In my opinion, we should sign Manning, then draft a quarterback every year over the next three years until Manning retires. Then we'll have three prospects who have all been brought up in the same system competing with one another. Manning gives us the ability to win now, the draft picks give us the ability to still be good after he leaves.


Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1227
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Alex13 wrote:
He looks like the reincarnation of David Klingler.


Exactly, and we all know how David Klinger performed in the NFL. Same goes with Andre Ware. Won the Heisman at Houston and didn't do squat in the NFL. Fact is, Houston's run and shoot offense makes QB's look good on the college level but doesn't translate to NFL success.

If I do consider drafting this kid, I gamble a late round pick on him.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 184
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Any of you guys who want Matt Moore starting next year, needs a head check. the man has a 6-6 record with us, is that good enough for you? The man is not consistent, I hope it is obvious as to whatever QB we bring in these next few months, that he is blatantly that much better than Moore and gains the starting job right off the bat.


He deserves a chance to compete for the role. 6-6 is not good, but how many of those dropsies cost the phins the game while he was under center? What's his TD-Int ratio?


Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 255
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Just caught a glimpse of some college football player skills competition previously aired on ESPNU. ESPNU had a graphic comparing the physical stats of their Top 4 QBs in the draft. They also listed their projected draft position:

Luck -- #1
Griffin -- #3
Tannehill -- #20
Foles -- #22

I hadn't even thought of Foles. Is there a reason for this beyond the fact that I live on the East Coast and haven't seen him play? Is ESPN off their rocker here, or is the kid 1st Round good.

As for Keenum. He's a perfect fit for my drafting philosophy of taking a QB in the draft every year in the 6th or 7th round and trying to develop them into something useful, either playing for you or traded to someone else for a higher pick than you used to get him. If not, cut your losses on a late round pick. No big deal. Whether you need one or not, draft one every year. Of course, you need to have a legit starting QB to start this process, or you're constantly looking for QBs in the 1st-3rd rounds and wasting picks when you could be stocking up on your linemen and secondary depth.


Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3862
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
This is not going to turn into another back and forth about Matt Moore... go comment in a Matt Moore thread if you want to talk about him... this thread is about Case Keenum compared to other college prospects... PERIOD!

If he falls to the 7th round I think you have to take a chance on him... even if he doesn't make it through camp, sit him on the PS for a year or two.


Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Looks more like Jay Cutler with less arm strength to me.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
He's a less talented version of Kevin Kolb.

He'll be there pretty late in the draft, I'd imagine.


Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3862
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
He sure does release that ball mighty quick... would love to see how good if football IQ is.


Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 184
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
IamPZ wrote:
This is not going to turn into another back and forth about Matt Moore... go comment in a Matt Moore thread if you want to talk about him... this thread is about Case Keenum compared to other college prospects... PERIOD!

If he falls to the 7th round I think you have to take a chance on him... even if he doesn't make it through camp, sit him on the PS for a year or two.


Lol, ummmm, seeing how this is an open thread, we can compare Keenum to pretty much who ever we want, Moore included. Furthermore, comparing him to Moore is much more relevant to our team as opposed to other prospects that may be drafted either by us or someone else.

This isn't to start a flame war or anything, its just to chat about possibilities of what we think should/shouldn't be with the phins. Heck, that's the reason why most of us even show up to this board. So relax try and relax. No one is trying to be rude here.


Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3392
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Keenum's upside I think is far superior to Moore who has pretty much peaked. Any who doubt that can go post in a Moore thread ;p

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Ski_Money wrote:
Keenum's upside I think is far superior to Moore who has pretty much peaked. Any who doubt that can go post in a Moore thread ;p



OMG dude ur a joke, Keenum plays for a joke of a College dude, Ur high !!!!!!! Keenum, who the hell is Keenum !!!! If Keenum is so badd ass, why didnt he go to a real college !!!!! :) :) :)

Keenum SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:01 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4379
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
LA Fins Fan wrote:

Very sad how much all of you disrespect a QB saved our season from a total disaster. Moore was the reason why Bush got 1000 yards, and why we did not go undefeated...!!!

Thank you Matt.... even though many people here treat u like crap..!!!

Saved the season? That is a head scratcher.

Yeeaaa. Miami won 6 meaningless games. You rock Moore. Thanks for taking Miami out of the Luck sweepstakes. You rock.


Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:46 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3392
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
LA Fins Fan wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Keenum's upside I think is far superior to Moore who has pretty much peaked. Any who doubt that can go post in a Moore thread ;p



OMG dude ur a joke, Keenum plays for a joke of a College dude, Ur high !!!!!!! Keenum, who the hell is Keenum !!!! If Keenum is so badd ass, why didnt he go to a real college !!!!! :) :) :)

Keenum SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



That wasn't a compliment to Keenum...

_________________
Image


Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
LA Fins Fan wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Keenum's upside I think is far superior to Moore who has pretty much peaked. Any who doubt that can go post in a Moore thread ;p



OMG dude ur a joke, Keenum plays for a joke of a College dude, Ur high !!!!!!! Keenum, who the hell is Keenum !!!! If Keenum is so badd ass, why didnt he go to a real college !!!!! :) :) :)

Keenum SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Houston was ranked 19th in the country, and beat up on a solid Penn St. team in their bowl game.

Yeah, not a real school....Great post.


Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Phins Rock wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Keenum's upside I think is far superior to Moore who has pretty much peaked. Any who doubt that can go post in a Moore thread ;p



OMG dude ur a joke, Keenum plays for a joke of a College dude, Ur high !!!!!!! Keenum, who the hell is Keenum !!!! If Keenum is so badd ass, why didnt he go to a real college !!!!! :) :) :)

Keenum SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Houston was ranked 19th in the country, and beat up on a solid Penn St. team in their bowl game.

Yeah, not a real school....Great post.


Yeah, Penn state lost because the coaches were checking out the young kids in the first row..!!!


Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3862
Post Re: Houston Cougars - QB Case Keenum
Dude Matt Moore went to Oregon State in a spread offense... if you're gonna spread around "facts" at least present them all.


Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave, Finster, Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.