View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Oshiomogho Atogwe is available at Safety 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Oshiomogho Atogwe is available at Safety
The Rams tendered him the right of first refusal but that's it. He's probably not expecting record money like Antrel Rolle, he's one year older, and has slightly better stats despite playing on a vastly worse team.

Why is there not more discussion about him?

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:47 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: Oshiomogho Atogwe is available at Safety
i agreei would love to see the fins try to pursue him... hmm im not sure why their not

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I am sure if you look around enough the Dolphins have to have rumored showing interest in him..

They have showed interest in everything available..

Including Iowafins Big Left Toe!

Seriously tho, this guy looks good. Its that time where teams start to wheel & deal tho, they could be working on a trade for someone you dont expect...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:39 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I tweeted Atogwe's name to Jeff Darlington today and he said that as of right now the phins haven't shown interest, but that may change at many minute. I would love to see Atogwe come here, he is a great player who's always around the ball.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Do any of you know what the Rams are asking for him??? Just wondering why the Phins haven't showed much interest. Last time with Rolle the interest from our FO wasn't there because the $$ was ridiculous.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MIAcubano13 wrote:
Do any of you know what the Rams are asking for him??? Just wondering why the Phins haven't showed much interest. Last time with Rolle the interest from our FO wasn't there because the $$ was ridiculous.

The Rams used the franchise tag on him last year, paying him $6.3mil, so I would assume he gets around the same since he is coming off an injury. While a little expensive, the guy is totally worth it. He's an outstanding athlete plain and simple.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Thanks for the info Joeschmoe.....I agree with you as Atogwe would be worth it. I'm just hoping that our FO does a little more research on S's this year, before we break the bank again and cut him a season later.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The Rams have put 1st refusal on O.J, that is it. They can match any contract offer put on the table or let him go, no draft pick compensation.

The only reason I could think of why no teams are coming after Atogwe is that teams feel that the Rams wants someone to do the deal for him and they will match it.

A team could do a hellacious poison pill, but the league does not want to see that happen again in regards to the use of the poison pill.

Last edited by phinsfansc on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
The Rams have put 1st refusal on O.J, that is it. They can match any contract offer put on the table or let him go, no draft pick compensation.

The only reason I could think of why no teams are coming after Atogwe is that teams feel that the Rams wants someone to do the deal for him and they will match it.

A team could do a hellacious poison pill, but the league does not want to see that happen again in regards to the sue of the poison pill.

Is it illegal? If not then go for it.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

joeschmoe wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

A team could do a hellacious poison pill, but the league does not want to see that happen again in regards to the sue of the poison pill.

No, it is still completely legal.

For example, if we wanted Miles Austin, we could put a clause in his contract that if he plays four games in Dallas he becomes the highest paid player on the team.

If the Cowboys match, he will play four games in Dallas and will become the highest paid player on the team.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

No, it is still completely legal.

For example, if we wanted Miles Austin, we could put a clause in his contract that if he plays four games in Dallas he becomes the highest paid player on the team.

If the Cowboys match, he will play four games in Dallas and will become the highest paid player on the team.

Thats very interesting.. so say for example, we offered a $7mil contract to Atogwe that somewhere said if he plays 4+ games in St Louis he gets paid $14mil, St Louis is probably not going to match? In essence, if they match St Louis and Atogwe are signing OUR contract?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:
Thats very interesting.. so say for example, we offered a $7mil contract to Atogwe that somewhere said if he plays 4+ games in St Louis he gets paid $14mil, St Louis is probably not going to match? In essence, if they match St Louis and Atogwe are signing OUR contract?

Basically, that's how poison pills work. The first one I can remember was for Steve Hutchinson. Minny said if they play more than 3 games in Seattle then he becomes the highest paid lineman. At the time Seattle had Walter Jones who was the highest paid lineman in football and could obviously not match the contract.

It's a tactic that is used in poor faith and I imagine most owners are instructing their GMs not to use them (if the GM is even willing. Don't need enemies in this league).

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 pm

joeschmoe wrote:

Yep.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:56 am

Gentlax13 wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Basically, that's how poison pills work. The first one I can remember was for Steve Hutchinson. Minny said if they play more than 3 games in Seattle then he becomes the highest paid lineman. At the time Seattle had Walter Jones who was the highest paid lineman in football and could obviously not match the contract.

It's a tactic that is used in poor faith and I imagine most owners are instructing their GMs not to use them (if the GM is even willing. Don't need enemies in this league).

True, but someone else will be running the Rams soon so who cares? And the Patriots did it to us.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Gentlax13 wrote:

The Rams shouldn't have insulted him with that tender.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 am
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
Gentlax13 wrote:

The Rams shouldn't have insulted him with that tender.

Touche.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]