View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins and Lions to coach Senior Bowl 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Dolphins and Lions to coach Senior Bowl
Quote:
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Coaching staffs from the Miami Dolphins and Detroit Lions will work the Senior Bowl on Jan. 30.

Miami’s Tony Sparano and his staff will coach the South. Jim Schwartz and other Lions personnel will handle the North.

It’s the fourth time the Dolphins have coached in the Senior Bowl and first since 1994.

“My staff and I are looking forward to coaching in the Senior Bowl,” Sparano said. “The Senior Bowl’s outstanding track record and history of developing players for the National Football League is well-known and we’re excited to have the opportunity to work with these young players in preparation for the next stage of their careers.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Dolphins and Lions to coach Senior Bowl
Great opportunity for our staff to get a closer look at some of these seniors... awesome!

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 am
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post Re: Dolphins and Lions to coach Senior Bowl
I am intrigued by this, especially since it has a lot of relevance to the draft. The Dolphins have FOURTEEN former participants in this game on our roster. I scanned briefly over some of the names who will be in this year's game, and it is very impressive.
We will be looking at D(NT) with JFerg getting older and still hurting: guess who the DT's are? Terrence Cody/'Bama and Dan Williams/Tennessee, two of the top prospects.
Obviously Safety is also something we will look at, and what do you know, Taylor Mays/USC and Nate Allen/USF are the FS for the game, two of the best in the country.
I like this. Our staff will have a chance for in essence a private workout with some of the most talented Seniors in the country, get to see how they respond to certain situations, etc. Bee-youuuu-tee-ful.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]