View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
 So who do we draft now? 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post So who do we draft now?
With Dansby signed, do we still draft McClain? I say yes and we can still get Hughes in the second. I don't think Crowder is the answer at the other ILB. If not McClain then we trade down and get either Williams or the S from Texas.

what do you guys think?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:00 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: So who do we draft now?
I don't think McClain is an option anymore.

I still like Micah Johnson in the 4th though.

I think it comes down to a NT and an OLB in round 1.

I think round 3 is where we take a WR, if we don't acquire a FA.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:04 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I absolutely agree that Crowder isn't what we need. I like the guy but he couldn't fill Zach's shoes. Maybe we're still thinking Kindle. I have to believe we're still eyeing Dan Williams. He's a solid player, except that he's 6'2", & we're questionable in the middle. Now I've heard some good things about Satele but do ya'll think he's dependable enough that we don't need to address NT in the 1st?

I dare ireland to trade up for Berry haha not really. I want to use our 2nd pick on Olsen

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:07 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I hope we sign a WR we need that weapon for HENNE & that would open up so much other stuff for our other WR . i think we can fill our other holes on the D side in the later rounds :yay:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

I think with balt. taking Boldin, we can take a stud WR in the 2nd. It'll be a tough one but I'm starting to like the idea of Earl Thomas or Eric Berry if the football Gods would allow him to fall to us at 12. If we sign Rolle though who knows. Did Jerry Hughes play ILB or OLB??

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Steve Zissou wrote:
I absolutely agree that Crowder isn't what we need. I like the guy but he couldn't fill Zach's shoes. Maybe we're still thinking Kindle. I have to believe we're still eyeing Dan Williams. He's a solid player, except that he's 6'2", & we're questionable in the middle. Now I've heard some good things about Satele but do ya'll think he's dependable enough that we don't need to address NT in the 1st?

I dare ireland to trade up for Berry haha not really. I want to use our 2nd pick on Olsen

I thought Satele played C for the Raiders.....

:hithead:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

We have to go Safety. If Bradford goes 1 overall. I think Berry could fall to us.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Hypo...no way Berry falls to 12 man. Somebody will find an excuse to draft him and/or somebody trades up.

But I do not think it should be a FS. I think it has to be a pass rusher.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Why not trade down and get more picks, we are not in desperate need for a ILB now. This draft is deep we need to surround Dansby with some talent at LB, NT and S.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:27 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
Why not trade down and get more picks, we are not in desperate need for a ILB now. This draft is deep we need to surround Dansby with some talent at LB, NT and S.

That would be great. It seems to help the Pats every year. Maybe drop in the 1st and gain another 2nd. That would be sweet

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm

MdDolfan wrote:

I like that idea MdDolfan.

I think if you can trade down to 17 or 18, and still get Graham or Kindle (even though I'm not a fan), that's huge.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Someone will be wanting to trade into our spot to grab Spiller. I like the idea of trading down as well. There is no guy at the top of the draft that will likely make it down to us that I am sold on. So I am thinking.. trade down and grab Earl Thomas.. or Graham.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:33 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

I am not a fan of this but ill throw it out there. Its been discussed on this forum before. Do u think Sean Smith can gain some weight and be coached up on tackling enough to make the move to FS. I really like the CB from Boise State

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:37 pm

MIAcubano13 wrote:
I am not a fan of this but ill throw it out there. Its been discussed on this forum before. Do u think Sean Smith can gain some weight and be coached up on tackling enough to make the move to FS. I really like the CB from Boise State

Can he? Probably.....but why? He has such great coverage skills for his size so early in his career...

(Not speaking to you directly), I can't understand why people are in this fantasy world some times, where players can just switch positions willy nilly because of somebody else that we could possibly get.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:41 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MIAcubano13 wrote:

no.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:41 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MdDolfan wrote:
I thought Satele played C for the Raiders..... :hithead:

My bad dude. I was thinking of Soliai

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

Moving Sean Smith to FS would be a mistake, as he is not a solid tackler and sometimes tends to shy away from contact. That is something that you don't like seeing, especially from a DB with the size that Sean has.

Trading down would be great and the Dolphins are in a slot that a team could possibly desire to move up and get a player and not have to pay top 10 money.

Miami really needs to get a NT in the 1st 2 rounds. Being 6'2 is not a disadvantage to Dan Williams, as it allows him to get underneath the OC and get leverage.

Trading down would also bring Brandon Graham into play or perhaps a FS like Earl Thomas.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:03 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:

Can he? Probably.....but why? He has such great coverage skills for his size so early in his career...

(Not speaking to you directly), I can't understand why people are in this fantasy world some times, where players can just switch positions willy nilly because of somebody else that we could possibly get.

Exactly, look at Jason Allen.. The guy had great size and showed promise, then we started moving him back and forth and I think that proved to be a little too much for him to grasp

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 pm

What SC said...

Who said being 6'2 was a disadvantage for Williams?? That's like the perfect height to play 34 NG.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

God Bless! Ya'll like to nit pick everything. I didn't say it was a disadvantage but I was thinking that little bit of size separated him from McCoy & Suh, because he close to the same in the athleticism from what I've seen

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Sorry, it read like you thought it was a disadvantage for Williams.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

I am still a fan of trading down, but would any of you dish out our #1 for Brandon Marshall??

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

MIAcubano13 wrote:
I am still a fan of trading down, but would any of you dish out our #1 for Brandon Marshall??

If Bodlin only warranted a 3rd and a swap of 4th and 5th round picks, then there is a 0% chance that I would trade a 1st for Marshall.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

well, since it would be like miami drafting marshall with the 12th overall pick....im for it. he is a true number one, and not too many "true number one wr" that get drafted ever pan out or take a while to develop. i think marshall would really help the growth of henne.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

trading for marshall would be awesome in my mind, simply because his athleticism is unreal and he can make chad henne look like a real pro out there. chad is already solid, and with brandon coming in hypothetically, it could spread out the field, and improve our chances of sweeping the jets AGAIN .. even with revis and cromartie :)

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would give our 12th up for him if it weren't for character concerns. The talent warrants that easily, but the character issues should concern anyone. Imagine being the Seahawks and preparing to give up the #6 pick in the draft, I don't think I could do that. As far as talent goes though, he is by far one of the best receivers in the game and would warrant any single pick in the draft at his age and experience level.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think that if the deal is right Miami should probably trade down. McClain is intriguing but the priority should be NT and FS, and there are some really good players at both of those positions in this draft.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:29 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

here's the truth of what is wrong with the dolphins.. dont get me wrong born and rasied in south florida. but the whole problem is we havent had a QB since dan the man. and breaking news henne is just like the rest of the retards we've had before him. he will still throw a pick late in the 4th like fieldler or the sucky line will give up a sack that causes a fumble like chad. i think we draft a OT for a better pass protection and kiss next years season goodbye. and get low 1st round pick for a great college QB. we havent drafted a 1st round QB since '84... so this is whats going to happen next year.. solid defense.. an wait for it... shi!!y offense.. "its just the dolphin way". and sorry to be so down on my own team.. but we all see it time and time again.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:30 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolchumpfan wrote:
here's the truth of what is wrong with the dolphins.. dont get me wrong born and rasied in south florida. but the whole problem is we havent had a QB since dan the man. and breaking news henne is just like the rest of the retards we've had before him. he will still throw a pick late in the 4th like fieldler or the sucky line will give up a sack that causes a fumble like chad. i think we draft a OT for a better pass protection and kiss next years season goodbye. and get low 1st round pick for a great college QB. we havent drafted a 1st round QB since '84... so this is whats going to happen next year.. solid defense.. an wait for it... shi!!y offense.. "its just the dolphin way". and sorry to be so down on my own team.. but we all see it time and time again.

:) Thank you for that great analysis. I hope you are just being sarcastic because if you are not maybe you should take up being a fan of a different team.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:41 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

dolchumpfan wrote:

I could not disagree with you more. Yes Dan the Man was a once in a lifetime player, you cannot replace someone like that! What needs to happen is what has been happening. Building a team around young tough players, adding the right kinds of free agents, and being patient with development. Payton Manning doesn't become Payton Manning without being developed for the pro game. Same thing with Brees, Brady, or almost any other top QB you can think of. Freaks of nature like Marino who can come in from day one and light it up are a very rare thing. You can't convince me that Henne has looked that much worse than what most of the top guys did in there first year as a starter.

The jets philosophy of spend and make splashy headlines is good for espn and nfl network but it has not traditionally taken teams over the hump to winning a title. As a lifelong Dolphins fan (and a realist) I can say that the Phins are really close! We could be one playmaker and an injury free season from a Super Bowl.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:12 am
Assistant FFL Commish
Assistant FFL Commish

dolchumpfan wrote:

First off, IMO, Henne is the real deal. Perfect size for a QB and he's got a rocket arm. He needs experience and some targets and he'll be a top ten QB for many years. Second, Marino was drafted in 83. Lastly, a lot of great QBs were drafted after the first round; Montana-Rd 3, Brady-Rd 6, Farve-Rd 2, Staubach-Rd 10 just to name a few that happened to win a SB.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

TennFinFan13 wrote:
dolchumpfan wrote:

First off, IMO, Henne is the real deal. Perfect size for a QB and he's got a rocket arm. He needs experience and some targets and he'll be a top ten QB for many years. Second, Marino was drafted in 83. Lastly, a lot of great QBs were drafted after the first round; Montana-Rd 3, Brady-Rd 6, Farve-Rd 2, Staubach-Rd 10 just to name a few that happened to win a SB.

Ok yea he has a arm.. but he cant throw it to anyone cause hes not accurate. and see this is what is wrong with fans down here in miami your already settling for a top 10 QB....what is wrong here.. none for the people go to the games unless there on some winning streak or when the homosexual jets are in town. all im saying is its my opinion that henne is a flop just like culpepper, harrington, fielder( really dan's replacement? I literally hated him sooooooo much!) ,feely, green, and pennigton and a few other that just played a few games... just wake up and smell the coffe. 8-8 next year.. is my prediction...maybe 9-7 either way the team will be watching football in late jan.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I see visions of Earl Thomas in Miami's future. Hoping Miami will trade down if they are going Dan Williams.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:17 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We can still consider taking Rolando if we decide Dansby can play OLB for us, which he has in the past. Or we can trade down to get Witherspoon as well. But I doubt we do; I agree that we should just trade up and go for Graham, Williams, Cody, etc...

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Brandon Graham, getting him will secure a solid outside presence.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 am

dolchumpfan wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:
dolchumpfan wrote:

Ok yea he has a arm.. but he cant throw it to anyone cause hes not accurate. and see this is what is wrong with fans down here in miami your already settling for a top 10 QB....what is wrong here.. none for the people go to the games unless there on some winning streak or when the homosexual jets are in town. all im saying is its my opinion that henne is a flop just like culpepper, harrington, fielder( really dan's replacement? I literally hated him sooooooo much!) ,feely, green, and pennigton and a few other that just played a few games... just wake up and smell the coffe. 8-8 next year.. is my prediction...maybe 9-7 either way the team will be watching football in late jan.

Dude, how old are you??
I'm really hoping you're either a) 12, or b) really really really really really really really really drunk.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:21 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dan Williams in the first and Hughes in the second.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

that was the stupidest thing ive ever heard about chad henne sucking..................... did u watch any of the games last year when he lead them back when they were losing to win the game... o yea he also has NO NUMBER ONE RECEIVER to even make him look a little bit better. when ur best receiver is davone bess who is outta hawaii who didnt even get drafted obviously ur gonna struggle a little bit. not saying that davone is bad or anything, i love him , but hes not a number one receiver. give henne a break man

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]