View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Boldin , only a newspapper rumor or real target IYO ? 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Boldin , only a newspapper rumor or real target IYO ?
Hello,

two weeks ago, there were many article about boldin to dolphins, IYO that was only a newspapper rumor or dolphins trifecta want really sign him ?

I am a big boldin fan, and IMO if the price is a third and a later (6 or 7) rounder, we must sign him now, because Boldin is a sure thing.

IMO we must pick up a number 1 WR and we cannot to afford to risk a high pick on another risky WR target (what will happen if we sign a young WR in this draft and he become another TG jr) ?

the trifecta must do it and with parcells disliking to sign WR in early round, I think it's not just a rumor , but we want really sign him but I don't understand why it's not made now ?

Opinions

:yay:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Boldin , only a newspapper rumor or real target IYO ?
I dont think there is any question the Fins would love to have Boldin on the roster. The problem for them is that several teams out there are probably interested in his services and there are no free agent options for a number one WR (Antonio Bryant is debatable but an option).

What makes Boldin more attractive is that he will not require a 1st round pick ala Vincent Jackson, Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall (at least with the RFA rules). Baltimore, KC, NE, Chicago, and Seattle are just a few of the teams off the top of my head that have been rumored to be interested.

NE has 3 2nd round pick, a hurt Welker, Moss on the final year of a deal, and poor receiver depth. Baltimore has a late 2nd round pick and does not have the overall depth concerns that Miami has. They could probably offer more and give him a chance to be on a contender immediately.

Some reports have already said Miami values its 3rd rounder too much to part with it. That is not going to help their chances of landing Boldin. I would have said if they offered a 3rd and either Ginn (speed upside) or Camarillo (very consistent chain mover) they could probably land Boldin. The other factor is that Boldin is going into the last year of his deal. I dont think Miami is looking for a potential rental unless he is willing to sign a long term deal immediately.

After that long winded response, my opinion is that Miami tries to see if guys like Eric Decker, Dezmon Briscoe and Mike Williams fall down to the 5th round. They will target defense heavily in both their signings and draft picks.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:26 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Boldin , only a newspapper rumor or real target IYO ?
Sure we would love to sign Boldin, the problem is: so would just about every other team. Arizona isn't just going to give him up to the first offer they receive, they're going to play the market and get everything they can out of him. Honestly I don;t even know if this regime will give up a 3rd round pick and more for a WR, if it were a 4th and more I see them making a move, but a 3rd rounder is a valuable pick especially this year.
:yay:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]