View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Sparano: Bush is Fins 'starting running back 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Sparano: Bush is Fins 'starting running back
Hey, no big deal. The running back who is performing the best should be the starter and that has been Reggie Bush. I'm not too concerned about our rookie. He has looked pretty decent when the OL has given him some room to run and he has improved in each of his games.

Quote:
Sparano: Bush is Fins 'starting running back

Coach Tony Sparano confirmed Tuesday that Reggie Bush is the "starting running back" for the Dolphins.

"Reggie Bush is going to be the first runner out the gate here," said Sparano. "I mean he's going to be the starting running back." ESPN's Adam Schefter reported as much late last week, and Sparano's comments would seem to cement Bush's status as the lead back with an expected 15 touches per week. Rookie Daniel Thomas has clearly failed to impress the coaching staff in his first training camp.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44248813/ ... ayer_news/

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44248813/ns/sports-player_news
I don't think this has any bearing on Thomas since he always was/is the guy to step in and give Bush a blow....er...a breather

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Sparano: Bush is Fins 'starting running back
These kinds of articles amaze me with the clairvoyant claims. How does the writer know that Thomas has failed or will fail to impress? The guy is a rookie and he is the kind of back that needs enough carries to get going. This has nothing to do with Thomas and everything to do with Bush.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Crazy...two preseason games and THomas is a failure and in one game he did ok. wow. Bush starts, so what? They will split carries anyway and I bet in the 4th quarter Thomas will receive most of the bulk.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

These reporters just try to dig up some dirt and create controversy. I think they are all butthurt, none of them get a real scoop ever, they all seem to be bunched together as one in the trailer after practices & games, I mean after all the first time Sparano really opened up to a reporter was with Jason Cole, an "out of towner" from Yahoo Sports doing his camp tour...

But then again it could just be that Cole is a much better reporter than these local clowns...

Are we really going to sit here and act surprised that Heisman trophy winning 1st round draft pick, 6th year veteran, superbowl champion Reggie Bush is beating out our Rookie 2nd round draft pick for the starting job??

I sure hope he is beating him out for the starting job...

Now if Lex Hilliard starts moving up in the depth charts we can get worried....

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

not gonna say im not worried about his injury chances!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:43 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Hatecrewadb wrote:
not gonna say im not worried about his injury chances!

Exactly , Thomas will get his shot this season as Bush will not stay healthy for 16 games.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Again, what makes this year different? I'm told he has something to prove. Well, being a 1st rd pick he has had something to prove his entire career. If he gets the bulk of the carries, he won't last till game 10. History repeats itself.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44248813/ns/sports-player_news
NFLJunkie wrote:
I don't think this has any bearing on Thomas since he always was/is the guy to step in and give Bush a blow....er...a breather

Yeah, that "report" of the staff "clearly [being] disappointed in Thomas" is complete bull. How is making a guy that you traded a pick for and are paying millions of dollars have any bearing on a rookie?
It doesn't. Thomas has been doing just fine....in 2 PRESEASON GAMES.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Love all the confidence that Reggie Bush is destined to get hurt and not last a full season. How about some positive vibes that maybe this is the year that he "doesn't" get hurt and does last all 16 games and playoffs for the fins.

Gloom and doom....I prefer being optimistic versus relying on just because it happened in previous years.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Is it really a big deal of Bush is out there on the first few plays of the game as opposed to Thomas?

Its obvious they will be passing more and Bush is the better threat in that department. When they need to pound the ball they will turn to Thomas. I realize they want him to turn it up more in practice but I highly doubt his standing on the team is in jeopardy this early into the season.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:32 am

Finhead wrote:
Love all the confidence that Reggie Bush is destined to get hurt and not last a full season. How about some positive vibes that maybe this is the year that he "doesn't" get hurt and does last all 16 games and playoffs for the fins.

Gloom and doom....I prefer being optimistic versus relying on just because it happened in previous years.

I drafted him 3rd round on my phinfever fantasy league....the guy is going to have a beast of a year. Thomas will only serve to spell him when he's tired and in short yardage. Otherwise, look for Bush to get 25 touches a game.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
Again, what makes this year different? I'm told he has something to prove. Well, being a 1st rd pick he has had something to prove his entire career. If he gets the bulk of the carries, he won't last till game 10. History repeats itself.

This is how I see it, too. The only difference is that he has a fresh slate here with Dolphins fans. For a couple of years there the Saints fans were complaining about him as much as we were complaining about Ted Ginn and Family. They were looking for him to fulfil his potential and he seemed to get injured a lot.

As far as being the starter, he is showing everyone that he is the best back on the roster. Can his body take it? That is the question that we all know the answer based on his history in the NFL. You just cannot 'will' your body to stay healthy.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Makchell wrote:

This is how I see it, too. The only difference is that he has a fresh slate here with Dolphins fans. For a couple of years there the Saints fans were complaining about him as much as we were complaining about Ted Ginn and Family. They were looking for him to fulfil his potential and he seemed to get injured a lot.

As far as being the starter, he is showing everyone that he is the best back on the roster. Can his body take it? That is the question that we all know the answer based on his history in the NFL. You just cannot 'will' your body to stay healthy.

There is a difference in being named the starter and getting overworked. If he starts but only gets 15 carries a game, that's not overworking the guy.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead wrote:

I don't know that it's doom and gloom. Just reality. If we rely on him for a full season, we're making a mistake. I've said he'll play 12-13 games, but that doesn't matter because in those 12-13 games he is a difference maker.
I'd take 12-13 wins every season.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:20 am

There's a reason the Phins signed Larry Johnson. :stalker:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]