View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Brandon Graham 3-4 OLB, Senior Bowl game observations 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Brandon Graham 3-4 OLB, Senior Bowl game observations
I am finally getting a chance to see the Senior Bowl in full as they are replaying the game right now, and boy, Brandon Graham was just a man in the game.

It's midway thru the 3rd quarter and the kid had 2 sacks and a forced fumble, did a great job of staying home on a reverse play and played with great energy. I will be very interested in seeing what Brandon runs at the combine and seeing his movement skills in the drills at the combine.

Just some comments on some other players in the Senior Bowl. Dan Williams did himself a lot of good as he did a great job of stacking thing in the middle. Terrence Cody also did a very good job of stackng things in the middle.

George Selvie did a poor job of keeping contain on more than a few occasion and missed some tackles in the backfield that could have been big plays.

Patrick Robinson, the CB from Florida State really had a nice game and Javier Arenas showed what he will probably be in the pros, a nickel DB and great punt return guy. Sean Witherspoon was another guy that got my attention.

I just saw a play were Cam Thomas, the big DT/NG from UNC just bull rushed the OG from Alabama, Mike Johnson and got a sack. With more teams going to a 3-4 defense and the demands for NT, if you want Thomas you probably will need to take him in the 2nd round.

A kid to look for late in the draft for Miami is Antonio Coleman. I saw Mike Nolan working with him at the practice and he did a nice job of staying home on a bootleg. He played DE at Auburn, but at 6'3, 261 lbs, he is certainly a candidate at OLB in a 3-4 defense. His speed is the main knock on him, but when you have 27.5 career sacks and 50.5 tackles for lost, you can play the game and he will be in my mock in the 6th round.

Brandon Lang, the DE from Troy looked good along with his teammate, Tony Sheffiled flashed in the game and Lang could be a prime candidate at a 3-4 OLB. Bill Parcells drafted DeMarcus Ware out of Troy and Lang had very good production in his career at Troy. At 6'4, 260 lbs he also has idea size. 23.5 career sacks and 37.5 tackles for lost shows his production.

Geno Atkins, the DT from Georgia just ate Mike Iupati lunch on more than a few occasions. Also, as Mike Mayock pointed out and righfully so, Iupati will need to learn how to use the punch technique more, as he was called for holding a few times and could have been called on numerous other occasions.

LaGarrette Blount showed impressive power and ran the ball well in the game. Stefon Johnson, the RB from Souther Cal that dropped the weight on his neck and almost died look remarkably well considering what he has been through. Dexter McCluster, the little waterbug from Ole Miss is so explosive. He is a big play waiting to happen. Ben Tate, the RB from Auburn flashed a few times also and has good size at 215 lbs.

Well, let me stop rambling and watch the rest of the game now that I finally get a chance to see it.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]