View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Cardinal fans' opinion on Dansby, Boldin, and Rolle 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Cardinal fans' opinion on Dansby, Boldin, and Rolle
I signed up at a Cardinal forum last week, and posted a thread asking for opinions on those 3 guys, (mainly Dansby).

No surprise, everyone raved about Quan. Most people said Rolle, while a playmaker, isn't anything more than solid, and is average out in coverage and as a tackler.

The interesting comments were about Dansby though. I don't know if people are suffering from the same thing we were going through last year when Crowder was sounding off about Miami via the media, but it sure sounds like it. Some people though, did have good things to say...but here is what they had to say:

Quote:
one word.... yawn!

Quote:
Without question Rolle and Dansby are two of our best defenders any team getting these guys would love it! I hope we keep them both? losing them both could spell disaster!

Quote:
Dansby is overrated for what he's been paid.

Quote:
I have never been that impressed with karlos.... I cant believe somebody is going to give him top 5 money.

Quote:
I know for a fact KD is worth Pace money, Will he sign for that nope! Karlos has done it right He has already earned over 18 mill in 2 years kept a good attitude and is set for a major payday, And I think He'll earn his new money too!

Quote:
I disagree with a lot of the posters who don't have much respect for Dansby. He is a quality player and an excellent leader. He was franchised twice by the Cards. He has wanted to hit free agency and test the market the past two years, but when he was franchised, he showed up to practice and play and he was elected Captain by his teammates. He didn't complain about his situation, he just made the best of it.

He is solid in his defense and probably a much better run stopper than pass rusher. He has improved his pass coverage skills in the last couple of seasons. Any team that gets Dansby will be getting a solid player. I am not sure that he will ever make the pro bowl, but he will give any team a solid presence in the middle on defense.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthrea ... 533&page=4

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Cardinal fans' opinion on Dansby, Boldin, and Rolle
Obviously there will be mixed opinions just like any ARI fan would find in these forums.

I don't think Miami will pay a lot for Dansby, nor do I think they will shell out another Wilson style contract for Rolle. I think Rolle is worth exploring but only at a certain price.

As for Boldin, I'm really hoping Miami trades for him. I know others will argue he's aging and injury prone but Miami needs a good veteran target for Henne. I have a lot of respect for Camarillo and his overachieving play, but he is not the playmaking veteran to rely on. Bess and Hartline need more time to grow and see if they can expand their game. Not even sure if Ginn will be on the team before the season starts. And as for Turner, maybe a light clicks on and he becomes the red zone target we hoped he would be.

I still think you can trade a pick for Boldin and reacquire a pick (maybe deal Ginn) to use on a promising developmental WR to succeed Boldin.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Yeah I agree with most points jammer. People would complain about how crowded it would be, but I would not mind trading for Anquan, and also drafting Dez Bryant.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If Dez Bryant is there at #12 and is the best player on the board I hope the front office doesn't get stubborn and say no because they don't believe in first round WRs, but I doubt he makes it out of the top 10.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i was on the nfl chats earlier with steve wyche and stuff asking questions and he and some other "quote" insiders seem pretty postive about miami making a big push for Dansby but Im not gonna get all excited cause I have yet too have a real exciting miami FA period but its about time right?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:14 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I can't believe you logged into a Cards site. I spend alot of time in Scottsdale in the winter and I can tell you Cardinal fans are not playing with a full deck.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:44 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

jammer, I believe Miami is going to make a serious run at Dansby. He's a guy that Parcells like, he is 28 years old and he has some very solid numbers.

442 solo tackles, 113 assists, 25.5 sacks, 10 interceptions and 2 touchdowns scored in his 6 years in the league. Plus he offers the versatility of being able to line up at OLB also.

You guys know I love both Quan and Dez Bryant, so I will leave it at that. Rolle wants Adrian Wilson type of money, and while he is a nice player, he is not that calibe of player.

Darren Sharper is a guy that intrigues me. Yes, he is 34 years old, but the guy keeps himself in supreme condition and is coming off of a 9 pick season. He has 63 career intereceptions and he could be a very good mentor for Chris Clemons for a year.

The Saints don't want to franchise him because it would be a close to 7 mill hit for a 34 year old player, but they are taking a chance of losing him.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
Rolle wants Adrian Wilson type of money, and while he is a nice player, he is not that calibe of player.

I guess I don't know why it matters. Not only has Miami wasted money on guys like Wilford and Wilson before anyway, there is no cap, so what difference does it make how much he plays for?
I keep reading "the right price" around here. Why? Heck, if he can help, pay him 40 million guaranteed for this year...there's no cap.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Just because there is no cap NOW, I would venture to guess there will be some sort of cap that will be in place.

Don't get things out of whack in regards to your salary structure becasue there will be no cap for 2010. Plus, I would rather go after Danby in regards to big money and make a run at a Darren Sharper for a year of 2 at 2-3 million per/year than giving big money to Rolle. Plus, I would like to see what Chris Clemons can do at FS also.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]