View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Does Sparano like Cody? 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Does Sparano like Cody?
Quotes from the Senior Bowl:"There's not many 370-pound guys running around out there," Sparano said. "I think when you find a guy that's that big and can play that position and you look around the league at the teams that have those type of players – New England has Wilfork down there and [Kris] Jenkins with the Jets -- you realize how rare they are."

I feel like I change my mind every day about who to pick at #12 if McClain is gone. I said Spiller at one point but quality NT are so rare these days to get a good one you may have to reach for one. I know Cody looks like the Refrigerator Perry but he moves more like a deep freezer.(I just mean for a big guy he moves like a smaller guy). I'm also high on Dan Williams and Cam Thomas.

I may change my mind but if McClain is gone I say we trade down (if possible) and pick either Cody or Williams with our first pick then address LB in the second round plus we add an additional pick.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:57 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Does Sparano like Cody?
Terrance Cody is fat. He's just fat. Bill Parcells does not like Fat football players. I presume Tony Sparano doesn't either. I seriously doubt Cody will be a Dolphin.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

sounded like Sparano was impressed by the kid. It is amazing how well he can move for how fat he is.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yea but coaches will feign interest in a player before the draft to put up smoke screens for other teams. I wouldn't read too deeply into anything they say before the draft.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Terrance Cody is not body beautiful, but when it comes to being a premier 3-4 NT, he certainly fits the bill.

I will be very interested to see were his weight is at the combine, as he has to know he cannot come in at 370 lbs. If he could get his weight into the 350's, he could be a monster, and as it is at 370 lbs, he is a 2 down player that plugs the running lane and demands a double team.

Miami will not take him at #12 and I don't think he will get back to them in the 2nd round, but if he does, you should not be surprised if Miami snaps him up.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:10 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
Terrance Cody is not body beautiful, but when it comes to being a premier 3-4 NT, he certainly fits the bill.

I will be very interested to see were his weight is at the combine, as he has to know he cannot come in at 370 lbs. If he could get his weight into the 350's, he could be a monster, and as it is at 370 lbs, he is a 2 down player that plugs the running lane and demands a double team.

Miami will not take him at #12 and I don't think he will get back to them in the 2nd round, but if he does, you should not be surprised if Miami snaps him up.

This is a guy who was fat when the season ended then managed to gain another 20 lbs before his first big job interview at the Senior bowl. This guy does not have his stuff together and clearly does not have enough self control to lay off the cheeseburgers. He'll be Gilbert Brown.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Gentlax13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

This is a guy who was fat when the season ended then managed to gain another 20 lbs before his first big job interview at the Senior bowl. This guy does not have his stuff together and clearly does not have enough self control to lay off the cheeseburgers. He'll be Gilbert Brown.

I agree... he seems to immature to be worth the trouble. I'd take a pass on him.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

phinsfansc wrote:

Miami likes players who are in condition or have the work ethic to get well conditioned.

I WOULD be suprised if they take Cody, even in the 2nd.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Those are true statements in regards to the regime wanting a kid that is in shape, and Terrance certainly has that as a major concern in regards to his work ethic and dedication to the game.

But he also has game tape, plenty of game tape and it shows a kid that demands a double team and is a force in the middle against the run.

Miami may go in another direction, but they certainly need to bring in a NT in this draft. I know Cam Thomas name is a hot commodity now, but this guy was a disappointment at UNC this year and he has a nice Senior Bowl and now he is a hot commodity.

If Miami trades down, Dan Williams wold be a consideration. Torrell Troup is a guy out of UCF that cold be a consideration as well and there are others, but there nothing that stands out.

Last edited by phinsfansc on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

though I could see something along the lines of this happening in training camp/practice (Cody: *stuffs cheeseburgers between his man boobs and chest plate* "ok now I'm ready for practice" *first rep gets blocked by Grove ketchup starts to seep through his practice jersey*, Grove: "oh **** you're bleeding dude". Cody: "nah man its just Ketchup"

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:51 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Ted Washington and Pat Williams are both rather round around the mid section, but you would love to have those 2 because they were and in Pat Williams case, still is a force in the middle.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 am

phinsfansc wrote:
Ted Washington and Pat Williams are both rather round around the mid section, but you would love to have those 2 because they were and in Pat Williams case, still is a force in the middle.

But look at the types of nose tackles Parcells always acquires. Jason Ferguson is more muscle than belly and look at Jay Ratliff in Dallas. He looks more like a 34 defensive end than a nose.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:21 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I know Rich, just making a case for big boys in the middle and how effective they can be.

Someone like Dan Williams or Torrell Troup fits the bill more.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]