View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Interesting Jeff Ireland comments 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Interesting Jeff Ireland comments
Nothing we weren't thinking already, but interesting to hear him say it:
Quote:
Ireland also said the #Dolphins will try to reacquire a 2nd round pick after trading it to Denver last year, prob have to trade down in 1st

Quote:
Henne will compete for starting QB job next year

http://twitter.com/BenVolinPBP
Quote:
Found it interesting that Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland said the team will try to bring one of its free agent tailbacks back. Ricky OR Ronnie?

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/30023651369680897

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:16 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Interesting Jeff Ireland comments
No way they bring Ricky back after his comments. Ronnie has supposedly said he will come back for a discount as he wants to remain in Miami.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

hypocritex wrote:
No way they bring Ricky back after his comments. Ronnie has supposedly said he will come back for a discount as he wants to remain in Miami.

No doubt about that. I don't have a problem with Ronnie coming back. Hopefully his injury days are behind him.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:

What does a "discount" really mean?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Ireland just said on the Big O show that one of the requirements when hiring a new offensive coordinator was to put a system in place that would fit Henne's strengths.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm

After what Ireland said about Gibril Wilson last off season, and then cutting him 2 weeks later, I am not buying ANYTHING the man says. Lol.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
After what Ireland said about Gibril Wilson last off season, and then cutting him 2 weeks later, I am not buying ANYTHING the man says. Lol.

Keep hoping.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It will be all up to Chad Henne and if he wants to stay as Miami's starting QB, but he will have competition for sure (at least IMO).

I hope he gets his crap together if he does stay the starter, because I dont believe I can stomach another season of ridiculous interceptions and poor decision making from the QB spot.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Ireland just said on the Big O show that one of the requirements when hiring a new offensive coordinator was to put a system in place that would fit Henne's strengths.

Guess I jumped the gun on the "moving on" vibe. Just seems weird that Ross and Daboll seemed a little indifferent when discussing Henne and that Mike Dee said they haven't given up but hopes either Henne or someone else can bring back a Marino Era. So many mixed signals.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ireland and Sparano have not given up on Henne as most Dolfans have. They realize he has regressed but that he can get back on track. They will bring in the best possible Qb to compete as they should.

This also shows that they are committed to re-grouping and doing their best to put Henne and the rest of the team in the best position to succeed. That is what good GMs and good coaches do.

The Henne sucks comments are getting old. It is time for Fins fans to move on and focus on what improvements this team makes this off-season. Next season there should not be anymore excuses for Henne. It should all be on him. I hope he is up to the task. I believe he is.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Trade back in the 1st to regain our 2nd rounder, resign Ronnie Brown, and let Henne compete, sounds good to me.
:yay:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:17 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Trade back in the 1st to regain our 2nd rounder, resign Ronnie Brown, and let Henne compete, sounds good to me.
:yay:

I'm shocked that we don't even more of it about Ronnie. He was 38th in the
NFL in average per carry (for guys with 100+ carries) and though he played all 16 games this year, his standard is to miss a number of games a year.

So many people want to just cut Henne. Henne has the potential to get better. Ronnie is just plain mediocre and won't get any better. Why is it that Ronnie gets a free pass?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

degs wrote:
NFL in average per carry (for guys with 100+ carries) and though he played all 16 games this year, his standard is to miss a number of games a year.

So many people want to just cut Henne. Henne has the potential to get better. Ronnie is just plain mediocre and won't get any better. Why is it that Ronnie gets a free pass?

I said last offseason Miami should try to trade Brown while he still has value. Most folks told me no way because he was the playmaker on offense and was vital to the Wildcat. That may have been so, but it didn't seem like the coaching staff had a lot of faith in him this year and his numbers were disappointing. He dropped some key 3rd down passes and Ireland hinted at receiving ability in describing things they want out of a running back. If they bring him back on the cheap then fine. Maybe he compliments a more explosive back and is used to grind out some tough yards.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFL in average per carry (for guys with 100+ carries) and though he played all 16 games this year, his standard is to miss a number of games a year.[/quote] Just consider part of RB issue was blocking. He had no where to run.

Miami needs to go after M. Bush to be the new starting RB.

degs wrote:

Don't know.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Just consider part of RB issue was blocking. He had no where to run.

Didn't Ricky have the same blocking? Yet he did significantly better.

There were a lot of problems feeding Henne's lack of effectiveness too: Blocking, poor coaching, the wildcat, weak running game, dropped passes.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]