View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 This will make you feel better about Daboll 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post This will make you feel better about Daboll
At least I do now.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/18/2 ... -lift.html

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:40 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: This will make you feel better about Daboll
Not a fan of Cote but I agree with the article...

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

A co-worker of mine showed this to me. Other fan sites apparently are getting good chuckles about our off season. http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=0379fbdf2af5ee39906f2856d19b6696&t=189737

Of course, we didn't lose our Wild Card game to the only team to make the playoffs with a losing record. I return the jabs from the Saints fans.

I just hope that the article about Daboll pans out to be true.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:33 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I never thought about the Pennington angle. If what people are writing about Ross wanting Pennington back in a front office/coaching position if he hangs up his cleats, I'm sure he asked about Daboll. And if Daboll is actually on board, Pennington must have said yes.

A few things I like about him: 1) He's young and obviously wants to make his bones, so if he screws up, his career trajectory flattens pretty quickly, 2) he's been an OC before, he knows what to expect, he knows what he should have done/wanted to do/would have done had things been different with the Browns, 3) this is his second chance and I'll always have more confidence in a professional in any field that is granted a second chance after failing, than one just given a first chance at anything, 4) he was a QB coach before an OC, which means he can deal with the QB's psyche and translate coach speak into player speak.

I always try to step back and not make a judgement on sports decisions for a week or so after the fact so my emotions don't cloud my judgement.

On this decision, I didn't think much about it at first, but it's growing more on me every day.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Quote:
Henning’s conservative-meets-scared play-calling was merely the umbrella over the many ways he failed. On his watch there was no solid running game despite Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, the interior blocking line was in shambles, the Wildcat lost its mojo, Brandon Marshall was not fully utilized and, most important, quarterback Chad Henne regressed more than developed.

:)

Oh man do I not miss Henning one bit...

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep, I won't miss Henning one bit. Anyone at this point is better than Henning. I'll take Daboll, at least he's new blood.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Yep, I won't miss Henning one bit. Anyone at this point is better than Henning. I'll take Daboll, at least he's new blood.

Which is strange, because Daboll's offense was only one of two offenses that scored less points than Henning's.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Which is strange, because Daboll's offense was only one of two offenses that scored less points than Henning's.

I think we have better talent than the Browns do, Henning had a lot more to work with than Daboll did.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]