View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 What about Reggie Bush in a Dolphins uniform? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post What about Reggie Bush in a Dolphins uniform?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/pl ... eggie-bush

There is a strong possibility the Saints will let Reggie Bush walk. I know the guy has been injured off and on, but when healthy and if Miami does consider a West Coast Offense, he might be a good fit.

When he is healthy, he can be a dangerous weapon at running back and the return game and he is still only 25 years old. Just wanted to hear others opinions. Perhaps a bruising style back along with Bush would be a nice change of pace.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: What about Reggie Bush in a Dolphins uniform?
Heck yes. Bring in Doug Pederson as OC and Reggie will fit in just fine.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

When Bush was out this season for that stretch of games, we saw how it affected Brees and that offense. He's definitely a playmaker and a versatile guy.

If he can be had for a reasonable price, I think he's exactly what this offense is missing on 3rd down.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree guys. I like Reggie Bush a lot and hope Miami makes a pitch for him as he is a playmaker that could really be a shot in the arm for the offense and special teams.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:32 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Reggie has said he wants to stay with New Orleans and is willing to restructure his contract, which is key to him staying with the Saints.

But to say Miami needs to look at bringing in some explosive playmakers on the offensive side of the ball is an understatement.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:35 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yes, I read that about Reggie saying he wanted to stay, but there are also between the line comments that he may have to go because he is due 11 million and New Orleans isnt even guaranteed to want to restructure his contract, so there is a chance that he will leave and explore his options.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I think if there a way for New Orleans to keep Reggie, they will. Sean Peyton does a lot with Reggie and I know he loves the versatility and explosiveness that Reggie brings.

Anything is possible though, and if he hit free agency, he certainly could add some much needed spice to the Dolphins backfield as well as being a very dangerous punt return guy.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Reggie Bush will want a lot of money to come to Miami, we're a 7-9 football team that hasn't been to the playoffs in two years. Even if New Orleans offers significantly less than we do I would still expect him to sign with them. That city loves him and so do his teammates, I just don't see him leaving that situation.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:51 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Id take Bush if the Saints let him walk...

There is also rumors of Balto letting McGahee walk this year.... They say Balto wants to get younger... He is 30, but has not been a feature back so he still should have something left..

Maybe a little upgrade over Ricky....

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:19 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

10acjed wrote:
They say Balto wants to get younger... He is 30, but has not been a feature back so he still should have something left..

He was a feature back in Buffalo and early on in Baltimore. The reason he is no longer a feature back is because his treads have gotten too worn out to carry the load.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree Rich, McGahee is at best a situational back vs an everyday back anymore due to his past use and injuries. If Ronnie and Ricky left and the fins brought in an everyday starter, a guy like McGahee might be a good change of pace as a veteran back.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Reggie Bush is exactly the kind of play maker this team needs on offense. Speed and moves....and he can return kicks. Bring him in and you saved a draft pick, since the Dolphins need a new running back. I don't see us keeping Ronnie Brown without a significant decrease in his pay.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The only way I see Bush leaving the Saints is if they tell him to leave. I think he'll restructure his contract to be more cap friendly if there is a cap or he'll take a pay cut so that the team can afford to keep him around. The guy is loved in New Orleans, I'm sure they'll work it out.
On the outside chance he does get forced out of New Orleans then I wouldn't mind us taking a look. Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush would complement one another well. We'd have a good combo of power and speed if that happens. But it will need to work out financially because we're going to need other free agents and draft picks to make this thing work right.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:43 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Sure, but that knee is always going to be a concern & he will most likely continue to miss games with it.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:13 pm

we can keep the r&r express paraphanelia

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Sure, but that knee is always going to be a concern & he will most likely continue to miss games with it.

We'd definitely be taking a chance on Bush because of the injury concerns, but no more of a risk than we would take on Brown. We would have a lot to gain from both too. Maybe if we split carries and reduce their workloads they could stay healthy and it could work?. The combination could work out very well for us if we take a chance on that type of pairing, but you're right it could also backfire.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]