View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Could Pennington be Miami's QB Coach in 2011? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Could Pennington be Miami's QB Coach in 2011?
This is exactly how I see it. I've heard some of the guys calling for Pennington to be our QB coach. I say to get someone with the experience.

Quote:
Q: Chad Penningtons career is all but over. Do you see Miami possibly signing him to be their QB Coach?

ESPN: I don't see how that would help. They've essentially had him as an assistant quarterbacks coach the past two years, and it hasn't seemed to help Henne much. I'm sure he hasn't held back in his tips. Plus, I think the Dolphins need to bring in somebody who Henne will view as an authority figure. I'm not sure a former peer can be that for him.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36454

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Could Pennington be Miami's QB Coach in 2011?
ESPN: Plus, I think the Dolphins need to bring in somebody who Henne will view as an authority figure. I'm not sure a former peer can be that for him.

Well, IMO, it doesn't matter anyway as Chad will not be starting for Miami next season. Let that authority figure have him carry water bottles into the huddle for the next starting QB and let that be a reminder that you "could" have been the starting QB and future of the Miami Dolphins. Not anymore. Clip board time.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:38 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

No on Penny as qb coach...Henne should be given a fair shot to win the starting job next year..imho

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I think Chad Pennington can be an excellent QB coach. As a QB that did not have all the physical ability that some QB had, he had to develop his fundamentals and learn and work on the little things of playing the position.

He been around Henne, so he knows his strengths and weakness and know what Chad needs to work on to improve.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Tim Graham.... LOL

However every now and then I agree with him.. This is the one time he makes sense..

I think we need to let Chad go, too many players look at him as the QB. There can only be 1 QB, the guy out taking the snaps....

I am very grateful for everything Chad did for this team. And I wish him all the best...

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]