View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Who is the better QB prospect? Vince Young or Kevin Kolb? 

Who is the better QB prospect?
Vince Young (Tennessee Titans) 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Kevin Kolb? (Philadelphia Eagles) 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 14

Who is the better QB prospect? Vince Young or Kevin Kolb? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Who is the better QB prospect? Vince Young or Kevin Kolb?
Quote:
Q: Who's the better prospect at QB if you're that Dolphins, Vince Young or Kevin Kolb?

ESPN: With a guy like Kevin Kolb, you can project him onto your team more easily. With Vince Young's track record of not playing nice with others, the Dolphins would be taking more of a gamble.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36454

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Who is the better QB prospect? Vince Young or Kevin Kolb?
Where's the Chad Henne option?

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

For this offense, VY. Kevin Kolb has always had speed around him in Philly and Houston. I don't know how he would do with a physical, possession group of WR's like ours.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Could Kevin Kolb be the next AJ Feely? Even with the potential baggage, I would still pick the better athlete/QB and I believe that is Vince Young. He is 30-17 as a starter and led a team to the playoffs, plus he is very mobile.

What has Kevin Kolb done so far? Yes, he has won a few games and thrown for 300 yards in a game, but so has Chad Henne, so until this guy gets 45 starts under the belt like VY, it is a risk to see how good he really is playing week in and week out in the NFL. The jury is still out in this guy and although I agree he looks promising, Miami cannot afford to miss on this one.

If there is any doubt with either, I say fill gap with Orton or McNabb.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Chad Henne.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

they both suck !!!..where is that option ??

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

McNabb

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:26 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I like Vince Young. Can a coach like Sparano get through to him?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That is a good question Dave. On the outside looking in as a fan, it seems liked Jeff Fisher is a great coach to play for although I don't know how personal he gets relating to his players and for the most part Sparano does, so maybe, just maybe Sparano can get through enough to Vince Young to take a shot as there is so much talent here and he is still very young, yet has good NFL experience under his belt.

Now that all being said, Brandon Marshall playing under Sparano had a few dumb headed moves, but fortunately nothing detrimental that couldn't be worked around and I would believe you take a chance on a talent like Vince Young. I am sure he will carry some baggage, but not comparing to Michael Vick, but maybe Vince will now wake up and the fresh start will be welcomed by his attitude.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I still want to see Chad Henne get a shot in the new offense this year. I think this season the light just might go on and he might develop a little better with a new cast of offensive coaches around him. I'm not against bringing in a guy like Kevin Kolb because I think it would be good for competition and at the very least either Kolb or Henne would be a very good backup for the other. I think a good quarterback competition is exactly what this team needs right now. Henne vs Kolb, sounds good to me. Let's get it on!
:yay:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

vince young wont cost any draft picks like kolb will, correct?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
vince young wont cost any draft picks like kolb will, correct?

Correct, but Kolb has a much smaller salary this next season. I think Young will make triple what Kolb will. Vince Young also brings a lot of baggage and a bad attitude to anywhere he goes. There is a reason he was forced out of Tennessee.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Again, not to make a direct comparison, but Michael Vick got thrown out of Atlanta and he has really turned himself around. It is always a gamble and Wkloiber, you make an excellent point on the salary difference.

It could cost Miami a first round pick and "probably" more money to do a sign and trade for Kolb and Vince Young could command more money.

Trying to be realistic with as many teams needing a QB, that will probably drive up Vince Young's asking price. It is such a gamble and Miami has been so snake bitten over the years on the QB choices.

I also still agree that Henne should compete and I know I have been posting down a bit on Chad, but that is mainly because he has made this bed he is lying in (for the most part). I agree he still deserves that chance to earn his job back, I just feel that decision will be somewhat jaded now because of his inconsistencies. If the NFL doesn't strike, I think some of our answers will come on who they sign in the off season and how much they invest etc.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead wrote:
Again, not to make a direct comparison, but Michael Vick got thrown out of Atlanta and he has really turned himself around. It is always a gamble and Wkloiber, you make an excellent point on the salary difference.

It could cost Miami a first round pick and "probably" more money to do a sign and trade for Kolb and Vince Young could command more money.

Trying to be realistic with as many teams needing a QB, that will probably drive up Vince Young's asking price. It is such a gamble and Miami has been so snake bitten over the years on the QB choices.

I also still agree that Henne should compete and I know I have been posting down a bit on Chad, but that is mainly because he has made this bed he is lying in (for the most part). I agree he still deserves that chance to earn his job back, I just feel that decision will be somewhat jaded now because of his inconsistencies. If the NFL doesn't strike, I think some of our answers will come on who they sign in the off season and how much they invest etc.

When you have a quarterback like Vick or Young on your team you have to be ready to take on what comes with a guy like that. They will light it up one minute and then look terrible the next. They're too talented to sit on the bench yet they aren't quite great players when you get them in the game. There will always be quarterback controversy with guys like that and that is why I call guys like that coach killers. Miami doesn't need a guy like Vick or Young, then need another guy like Pennington who can stay healthy. Both guys throw up major red flags in my book and I don't want either to be a Dolphin next year.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I would not touch Young with a ten foot pole to be the starting QB.. He is immature & has not shown he can handle any type of adversity.

If he comes in as a backup & knowing he is the backup then maybe I would. QB is the one position in football where a team cannot have someone who is immature & crumbles quicker than a cheap suit.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I would not touch Young with a ten foot pole to be the starting QB.. He is immature & has not shown he can handle any type of adversity.

If he comes in as a backup & knowing he is the backup then maybe I would. QB is the one position in football where a team cannot have someone who is immature & crumbles quicker than a cheap suit.

I'd just say pass on him all together, if we bring him in as a backup that would only make him the highest paid backup in the NFL and create a quarterback controversy. Let Young become someone else's problem.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:26 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

How do you know Young will be soooo high paid?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You want an early offseason prediction... Arizona trades for Kevin Kolb and Minnesota signs Vince Young. I have absolutely nothing to support that, just a guess.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rhoads:

Purely speculation on my part as there is so many teams that could use a starting QB, that I figure logic says that if Vince Young and his agent know this it will at first probably drive his price up higher. I can see that price tag coming down, if there isn't enough interest, but I don't see that happening.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The only way Vince cost Miami a boatload of money is if they trade for him. Any team with interest in Vince Young will wait for him to be released.

There talent there and Young wins games, as his 30-17 record will attest. The biggest concern for any team will be his major maturity issues. From the way he handled getting booed to getting in a fight at the strip club because some dude gave him the upside down hook em horns sign, Vince has shown he has a ways to go in regards to maturity.

Any team that bring Vince in will sign him to a heavily incentive laden contract

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]