View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Starting Five: Miami Dolphins fans love Brad Childress (Huh? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Starting Five: Miami Dolphins fans love Brad Childress (Huh?
Quote:
by: Mike Berardino January 14th, 2011 | 9:41 AM 1. The people have spoken.
Not sure Tony Sparano is listening, but Dolfan Nation definitely has a clear vision of who the Miami Dolphins’ next offensive coordinator should be.
Would you believe … Brad Childress???
Yep, Brett Favre’s former foil (and airport SUV driver) roared to victory in our completely scientific poll here at Miked Up/Season Ticket. With more than 2,125 ballots counted — thanks to our good friends at PollDaddy.com – Chilly has trounced runner-up “Pirate” Mike Leach by nearly 9 percentage points.
Childress gathered 585 votes, or 27.5 percent, to Leach’s 397 (18.7 percent).

So what if Wildman Leach has never called a single play in the NFL? The people are clearly intrigued by the pass-happy former Texas Tech coach.
And so what if Childress runs the West Coast offense — the Dolphins don’t — and trying to implement such a switch in a lockout-shortened NFL offseason might cause Chad Henne’s head to explode? (Or one of his computer chips to melt.)
The people want CHANGE!!!
Third place went to Chargers offensive assistant (and former UM OC) Rob Chudzinski (343 votes, 16.1 percent), followed by rehabbing quarterback Chad Pennington (343, 16.1), who isn’t even sure he wants to coach in the NFL down the road, much less in 2011.
So, it was Chud over Chad for show.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_se ... l+blogs%29

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Starting Five: Miami Dolphins fans love Brad Childress (Huh?
I never really liked the West Coast Offense ... or Brad Childress. Am I a part of Dolphin Nation?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
I never really liked the West Coast Offense ... or Brad Childress. Am I a part of Dolphin Nation?

My thoughts exactly. I am not sure I have seen or heard any Dolphins fan speaking highly of Childress.

I thought every respectable Phins fan was a member of Phinfever. The rest are kind of Phinfever wannabes. :ann0y:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well if you're a head coach who doesn't know what you're doing maybe you should hire other head coaches that didn't know what they were doing as your coordinators? I guess three heads are better than one?
In Nolan's defense he worked out, but to say Childress will have the same effect I'm not so sure. I could see us taking Childress and then picking up McNabb in free agency, that kind of move might pay off. But we will still need to bring in a lot of speed to make it work, the West Coast relies heavily on impact players with speed.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]