View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Buoniconti - Parcells took the money and ran 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Buoniconti - Parcells took the money and ran
Quote:
"I like Bill Parcells, but I don't understand why someone would leave a sinking ship," Buoniconti said. "You don't do that and say 'I'm out of here' and collect my money.' "

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... o-dolphins

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Buoniconti - Parcells took the money and ran
He also said that Buffalo is closer to being a contender than Miami is.

It appears he's gone senile.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
He also said that Buffalo is closer to being a contender than Miami is.

It appears he's gone senile.

I don't agree with the Buffalo statement from Nick, but I can certainly understand why he is upset with Parcells. I think it stunk what he did also.

I don't think much of our new owner either, but I certainly hate that Huzeinga put the provision in the contract that would allow Parcells to step away the way he did.

Then again, it could work out with Ireland being on his own. Hopefully he will draft some speed and playmakers on the offensive side of the ball this year.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:30 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Can you guys read? Buoniconti said the Bills were better because of their quarterback Fitzpatrick. Do either of you think he's not better than anything the Fins had this season? If you do, please pass the maryjane and tequila to the rest of us.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

PADOLFAN wrote:
Can you guys read? Buoniconti said the Bills were better because of their quarterback Fitzpatrick. Do either of you think he's not better than anything the Fins had this season? If you do, please pass the maryjane and tequila to the rest of us.

regardless what ya think ill take the tequila!! :yay:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

PADOLFAN wrote:

just because their QB is better than ours doesnt mean they are the better team. Far from it.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 am

I would say right now we are better than the Bills. Certainly since week 1 they have narrowed that gap & as far as the future goes both teams are on a pretty even plane. They can easily have a better year than us next season. Honestly though when you are bringing up the rear does it really matter. Buoniconti was pointing out how this franchise has fallen.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

PADOLFAN wrote:

I would say that Fitzpatrick is better than any quarterback the Dolphins have, but a year ago he was worst than Henne or Thigpen. So much that Chan Gailey didn't even entertain the thought of his starting this year until he had no choice. Of course, let's be fair to Henne and Thigpen as Fitz has 3 years on our quarterbacks, too.

But back to the topic ... Parcells improved the team, but he took off when we needed him the most. I think he needs to give back some of that money or get his butt back in here and fix this mess.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I would say that Fitzpatrick is better than any quarterback the Dolphins have, but a year ago he was worst than Henne or Thigpen. So much that Chan Gailey didn't even entertain the thought of his starting this year until he had no choice. Of course, let's be fair to Henne and Thigpen as Fitz has 3 years on our quarterbacks, too.

The irony is that Gailey coached Thigpen in KC when he was playing well.

Offensively, Chan Gailey is still a beautiful mind apparently.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

PADOLFAN wrote:

He had a better season, but his body of work doesn't suggest he's better than either Henne or Thigpen. I think right now all 3 are capable of having a good season and following it up with a clunker. Inconsistency.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:39 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

PADOLFAN wrote:

Yes, I can read, and very well. I disagree with the statement. I will give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you understand that I disagree with Buoniconti. If not, try a reading comprehension course.

No one needs to remind Dolphins fans of how much Henne struggled, especially the last half of the season. Fitzpatrick did a nice job for the Bills this season, but they may not believe he is their QB of the future themselves.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

Yes, I can read, and very well. I disagree with the statement. I will give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you understand that I disagree with Buoniconti. If not, try a reading comprehension course.

No one needs to remind Dolphins fans of how much Henne struggled, especially the last half of the season. Fitzpatrick did a nice job for the Bills this season, but they may not believe he is their QB of the future themselves.

Agreed. Gailey would pull the trigger on any of the QBs in the draft if he thought they were franchise material. Fitzpatrick is a nice story and a decent QB.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Re: Buoniconti - Parcells took the money and ran
phinsfansc wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

phinsfansc you must be a pup disagreeing with the greatest number 85 in Fins history. Did you attend Michigan for reading? I wish I did but was stuck with PSU.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

PADOLFAN wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

phinsfansc you must be a pup disagreeing with the greatest number 85 in Fins history. Did you attend Michigan for reading? I wish I did but was stuck with PSU.

I guess I am a pup dude, because I disagree with Nick.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:00 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Pad, I think we can disagree with the old guys from time to time......Right Dave....LOL

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Re: Buoniconti - Parcells took the money and ran
The Hen wrote:
Pad, I think we can disagree with the old guys from time to time......Right Dave....LOL

No way Hen. It's all us old guys have left since Marino retired. We need something to hold on too or you might as well drive me to the nursing home right now!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

PADOLFAN wrote:
The Hen wrote:

No way Hen. It's all us old guys have left since Marino retired. We need something to hold on too or you might as well drive me to the nursing home right now!

:yay: I agree 100%
Those guys made the franchise. They have much to be proud of.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]