View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins OFFENSE by the numbers 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins OFFENSE by the numbers
Quote:
by: Omar Kelly
Here’s a few offensive numbers about the Miami Dolphins I figured you might find interesting.

Lousaka Polite checks in as the 27th rated fullback in the NFL, and that’s out of 32 teams ... he was the 2nd worst run blocking fullback (-13.8) in the NFL, ahead of Titans Ahmard Hall.

Found it interesting that of the NFL’s top 10 most productive tailbacks according to ProFootballFocus.com, only Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson was selected in the first round.
More tell is the fact three of the top 10 tailbacks per snap (Houston’s Arian Foster, New England’s Danny Woodhead, Tampa Bay’s LeGarrette Blount) weren’t even drafted. And two of them were cut by a team in 2010.

What does this point out you ask? That a good tailback can be found anywhere in the draft, and even as an undrafted free agent.

Joe Berger finished 2010 as the NFL’s 16th best center according to PFF.... Berger checks in 20th in run blocking (-0.8) amongst NFL centers ...

John Jerry, a rookie who started 11 games at right guard, is rated the No. 55 offensive guard. ...

Pat McQuistan, who started eight games for the Dolphins in 2010, checks in as the 62nd best offensive guard ...

Richie Incognito was the Dolphins’ top performing guard, coming in at No. 17...

As for the tackles, Jake Long finished second amongst NFL offensive tackles ...

Vernon Carey, who had an injury shortened season, finished 25th ...

Anthony Fasano checks in as the fourth most productive tight end per snap according to PFF...

Brian Hartline, who missed the final four games, checks in as the No. 39 ...

Davone Bess finished 2010 as the Dolphins’ top rated receiver according to ProFootballFocus.com, coming in at No. 16...

Marshall came in at No. 28 this year, which is an improvement despite his numbers being down. Interestingly, Marshall produced 510 yards after the catch in 2009. This season he managed just 231, which clearly indicates where the drop off was.
However, Marshall is tied with Wes Welker, Steve Johnson and Pierre Garcon for receivers who drop the most passes (13) in 2010.
So, what do these stats indicate to you?
Deuces.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... mbers.html

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami Dolphins OFFENSE by the numbers
Yeah, McQuistan sucks. Forget about his terrible blocking skills...the dude's penalties hurt just as much.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:35 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Dropped passes, poor blocking, crappy running...

These stats indicate to me that the problem was MUCH bigger than just the quarterback position. It was an all around failure. Not one facet of this offense performed well.

That falls back on the coaches.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:

These stats indicate to me that the problem was MUCH bigger than just the quarterback position. It was an all around failure. Not one facet of this offense performed well.

I was going to say this must all be Henne's fault but I didn't want to start WWIII. Clearly the problem is much bigger than the QB position. I pray that Sparano and company can find the right OC and Qb coach to get us on the right track.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Yes, the coaches, the youth, and the front office for relying on Marlon Moore rather than Greg Camarillo, etc.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:

Anthony Fasano checks in as the fourth most productive tight end per snap according to PFF...

Go figure ... but he needs to be replaced right? I'm all for drafting top TE talent if it's there, as you can all see what a double TE set can do for you over in NE. Then again, we knew it back in 2009 when Fasano/Martin put up the best TE numbers this franchise has ever seen.

..... But ya, if I see anymore grief given about Fasano I'm gonna roll my eyes. Judging by the numbers he's the most consistent thing about the offense outside of Jake Long.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Quote:

Go figure ... but he needs to be replaced right?

Actually he needed more balls thrown to him. Miami didn't throw to the TE's enough this year.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Fasano definitely improved and its good he got the extension. Kind of ironic how became most consistent with an inconsistent QB.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
Actually he needed more balls thrown to him. Miami didn't throw to the TE's enough this year.

I'm in full agreement. I was being sarcastic before. During the year there were some who bagged on Fasano, clamoring for someone to be drafted to replace him.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

I'm in full agreement. I was being sarcastic before. During the year there were some who bagged on Fasano, clamoring for someone to be drafted to replace him.

He had a few drops, sometimes disappeared in games and only had one game where he put big numbers, so some people (probably myself included) got on him from time to time. I don't know that he'll ever be Jason Witten but he seems to be a solid TE.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

He had a few drops, sometimes disappeared in games and only had one game where he put big numbers, so some people (probably myself included) got on him from time to time. I don't know that he'll ever be Jason Witten but he seems to be a solid TE.

Disappearing was because of playcalling. His hands were almost as sure as they get for TE's ..... he's nowhere to be found in the dropsies categories. He may not be Witten, but he's a consistent solid starter in the NFL.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]