View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 I know its beating a dead horse but geez!!! 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post I know its beating a dead horse but geez!!!
While everyone is out talking about what is wrong with the Miami Dolphins, did anyone take a look at who is remaining in the playoffs?
1. NE - played them twice
2. Jets - played them twice
3. Pittsburgh
4. Baltimore
5. Greenbay
6. Chicago

Out of the 8 remaining teams in the playoffs, Miami played 6 of them. I think instead of asking what's wrong wtih this team and seeking to make major changes, the owner should've been focused on bringing in a few FA's players to put this team over the hump.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:49 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: I know its beating a dead horse but geez!!!
Great point. I really don't think we are as far off as people are thinking. I want to see who the new OC is and what they think about the QB position.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this is a good team, i dont care what anybody says. The defense is almost top notch.
The wide receivers are very nice. Could ude an upgrade at tight end. The line has some good pieces. Just need a free agent guard and draft a center like Wisniewski.
Could use a young playmaker at runningback.
We don't have an answer at quarterback, and thats what keeps us out of the playoffs.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I don't understand what you're point is? Out of those 8 games, we were 2-6....

If we were 4-4 against them, or 5-3, I'd agree that we just need a couple of pieces to get over the hump. But we're not close to those teams.

Maybe if we get a QB, we will be. But that's a HUGE piece to be missing.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Are you what your record says you are?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Phins Rock wrote:

If we were 4-4 against them, or 5-3, I'd agree that we just need a couple of pieces to get over the hump. But we're not close to those teams.

The point is simple PR...Miami's schedule was even more brutal than we thought going into the season. Furthermore, Miami beat Pittsburgh....just not on the scoreboard. The bottom line is this team was in every game against all of those playoffs contenders...sans NE. So the argument, or point, is Miami is closer than people think to fielding a playoff contender.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

Right right...I agree that Miami played good teams and didn't beat good teams. One play from Pittsburgh, a special teams disaster against New England, and injuries galore against Chicago.

So, in hindsight...Miami isn't that far off...however, that's the different between good teams and bad ones. Let's face it, Miami was a bad team. When one thing went right, something else would fall apart....that's coaching and inexperienced players.

Like I've said: Give Henne and interior line (Mankins), and receiver that can stretch the field and a legit TE threat, and a competent offensive coordinator...this team can be very good.

That's quite the list, but all achievable in one off season.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

The point is simple PR...Miami's schedule was even more brutal than we thought going into the season. Furthermore, Miami beat Pittsburgh....just not on the scoreboard.

That's how you beat a team. On the scoreboard. Miami had the ball for 3/4 of the game against Indianapolis. Bottom line is, Miami needs to find ways to win instead of giving excuses. Was it unlucky? I don't know..you make your own luck. Miami shouldn't have been defending on the 2 yard line with that much time to go, and they shouldn't have let Peyton score that many times in so few possessions/plays.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Iowafin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

The point is simple PR...Miami's schedule was even more brutal than we thought going into the season. Furthermore, Miami beat Pittsburgh....just not on the scoreboard.

That's how you beat a team. On the scoreboard. Miami had the ball for 3/4 of the game against Indianapolis. Bottom line is, Miami needs to find ways to win instead of giving excuses. Was it unlucky? I don't know..you make your own luck. Miami shouldn't have been defending on the 2 yard line with that much time to go, and they shouldn't have let Peyton score that many times in so few possessions/plays.

You can have an opinion one way or the other but the ref gifted that game to Pittsburgh. Still doesn't change the outcome of the logic but thanks for adding your non-relevant two cents worth.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Right right...I agree that Miami played good teams and didn't beat good teams. One play from Pittsburgh, a special teams disaster against New England, and injuries galore against Chicago.

So, in hindsight...Miami isn't that far off...however, that's the different between good teams and bad ones. Let's face it, Miami was a bad team. When one thing went right, something else would fall apart....that's coaching and inexperienced players.

Like I've said: Give Henne and interior line (Mankins), and receiver that can stretch the field and a legit TE threat, and a competent offensive coordinator...this team can be very good.

That's quite the list, but all achievable in one off season.

Bad teams don't go from bad to very good with one OL guy, a TE and an OC. Miami is a little better than average. What they need is an upgrade at QB, and OC with guts and to fix the interior line.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

if we played in the NFC west this year we would have gone 10-6
we just play a stacked schedule every year

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:20 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
but thanks for adding your non-relevant two cents worth.

:boo:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We are farther off than you think. Not only were we 2-6 against those teams still in the playoffs, the team also lost to such notable powerhouses as the Lions, the Browns and the Bills. One of the two wins against a playoff team was against the injury-riddled Packers and the other was a squeaker to the Jets. Add to that a 1-7 record at home, and this team is not even close to the playoff caliber franchises.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:

Bad teams don't go from bad to very good with one OL guy, a TE and an OC. Miami is a little better than average. What they need is an upgrade at QB, and OC with guts and to fix the interior line.

The difference in those teams and ours may very well be that they are just better coached....

Belichick
McCarthy
Tomlin
Smith
Ryan
Harbaugh

Then again you could compare QB's as well...

Brady
Rogers
Rathlesberger
Cutler
Sancheeze
Flacco

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

The difference in those teams and ours may very well be that they are just better coached....

Belichick
McCarthy
Tomlin
Smith
Ryan
Harbaugh

Then again you could compare QB's as well...

Brady
Rogers
Rathlesberger
Cutler
Sancheeze
Flacco

Or TE's? Hernandez/Gronkowski, Finlay, Miller, Olsen, Keller, Heap....

We could go around all day...point is, Miami didn't do enough to win. Blame has fallen everywhere. Upgrade your oline first, then go from there.
If you go out to your car and it doesn't start, you don't buy a new car....do you?

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NFLJunkie wrote:
The point is simple PR...Miami's schedule was even more brutal than we thought going into the season.

Maybe so, but before the season started we saw the final stretch against Clevelend, Detroit and Buffalo as easy win games that would boost our record... we lost all 3.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Upgrade the QB....upgrade the O-Line for starters. Two majotr pieces to add to why we lost to those good teams.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]