View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Dolphins have interest in Vincent Jackson 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Dolphins have interest in Vincent Jackson
Who doesn't?

Quote:
A Dolphins official told the Miami Herald that the team has interest in restricted free agent Vincent Jackson.

We can say with certainty that every team in the league would be interested if V-Jax became available. Unfortunately, there's no way the Chargers will let their young No. 1 receiver get away. Jackson is a candidate for the franchise tag. He will at least be tendered at the highest possible level.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubho ... ajteam=MIA

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Dolphins have interest in Vincent Jackson
Keep dreaming. Not gonna happen.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:24 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No chance. The Boldin rumor is still out there but I bet several teams will be on him and the Fins could be outbid. I still expect them to target someone in the 2nd or 3rd round, maybe even later.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I wonder if there would be any interest in a Ronnie Brown for Vincent Jackson type deal... obviously, there might be some loose ends with that trade and each team may have other minor requests, but that could be a deal that works for both teams.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I dont think the Chargers want another aging RB.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:30 pm

MNDolfan wrote:
I wonder if there would be any interest in a Ronnie Brown for Vincent Jackson type deal... obviously, there might be some loose ends with that trade and each team may have other minor requests, but that could be a deal that works for both teams.

A running back who has only played one complete season for big, physical deep threat?

Gonna take more than that.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jackson is a fine receiver, but not even close to as talented as Brandon Marshall.....that is who we should be targeting if we are going the free agent route.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If we are going to target someone that we have to trade for, I don't want it to be Jackson, I would much rather have Marshall. Still, I don't see us giving much if anything up in trade for a receiver. Thats just not the way our FO works.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The Chargers are not letting Jackson get away anyway, so it's a moot point.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
If we are going to target someone that we have to trade for, I don't want it to be Jackson, I would much rather have Marshall. Still, I don't see us giving much if anything up in trade for a receiver. Thats just not the way our FO works.

What if we got both!!

No but seriously, Jackson would be a great fit in Miami, but like you said, if they're going to trade let's trade for Marshall.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with those of you suggesting we trade for Brandon Marshall. If we had to give up our first round pick for him along with a player or another pick, I would seriously consider the move.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:14 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Would rather give my picks up for Jackson over Marshall.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:

No way.

If all things were equal, I'd give 'em up for Marshall in spades before Vincent.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:20 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Getting Marshall or Jackson would require Miami's 1st round pick and I cannot see the Trifecta surrendering it when the options could be Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant, Dan Williams (a bit of a reach but huge need), or a slew of OLB (Sergio Kindle, Brandon Graham, etc.) who might be available. They might even have a shot to trade back if "their guy" is already off the board and someone wants to move up for an OT or one the QBs (Claussen or Bradford) should they still be on the board.

Again, I just can't see it happening. Much better chance of Boldin for a mid round pick, drafting Bryant, or taking a WR in rounds 2 or 3.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am

VJ has some off the field issues, but not nearly as much as Marshall.

I'll say this again...you think Marshall was bad in Denver, Colorado? Bring him to South Beach, give him a big contract and see what happens...

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 am

eleaf wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

No way.

If all things were equal, I'd give 'em up for Marshall in spades before Vincent.

Nah, not me. I'd like someone a little more mature. Someone who ain't gonna come on the practice field and kick the ball around (unless he's a punter or a kicker).

I don't remember hearing anything about VJax's off the field issues coming "on the field"... can't say the same for Marshall.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:11 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:
VJ has some off the field issues, but not nearly as much as Marshall.

I'll say this again...you think Marshall was bad in Denver, Colorado? Bring him to South Beach, give him a big contract and see what happens...

That's a good point.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:
Getting Marshall or Jackson would require Miami's 1st round pick and I cannot see the Trifecta surrendering it when the options could be Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant, Dan Williams (a bit of a reach but huge need), or a slew of OLB (Sergio Kindle, Brandon Graham, etc.) who might be available. They might even have a shot to trade back if "their guy" is already off the board and someone wants to move up for an OT or one the QBs (Claussen or Bradford) should they still be on the board.

Again, I just can't see it happening. Much better chance of Boldin for a mid round pick, drafting Bryant, or taking a WR in rounds 2 or 3.

I don't think anyone in this thread proposed trading for Jackson or Marshall. I merely brought Marshall up because I believe that if we were to trade for a receiver, I would rather trade for Marshall. Still, I am not in favor of trading any picks away for a receiver if they include the first round or multiple first day picks. A third for Boldin would be acceptable though.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
jammer wrote:

I don't think anyone in this thread proposed trading for Jackson or Marshall. I merely brought Marshall up because I believe that if we were to trade for a receiver, I would rather trade for Marshall. Still, I am not in favor of trading any picks away for a receiver if they include the first round or multiple first day picks. A third for Boldin would be acceptable though.

Dez Bryant? I'd rather trade my first rounder for Marshall than use it on Bryant.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
Phin wrote:
jammer wrote:

Dez Bryant? I'd rather trade my first rounder for Marshall than use it on Bryant.

If it weren't for the character concerns, I would be down with that. I'm sure that Denver is going to want more than just our first round pick for him though. He just scares me character-wise, to give up a top 15 first round pick for him.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
If it weren't for the character concerns, I would be down with that. I'm sure that Denver is going to want more than just our first round pick for him though. He just scares me character-wise, to give up a top 15 first round pick for him.

No doubt his behavior has been questionable, but it's not like he's been shooting people or beating people up. I don't remember what all his misdemeanors were, but really before McDaniels got there Marshall was a hard worker in practice and phenomenal in games. If McClain or someone like Berry or something were there at 12, yes I'd rather that...but it's between Bryant or Marshall...Marshall in a heartbeat.
But you're right, if Denver doesn't just cut him, they'll want more than just a 1st rounder.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:17 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
but it's not like he's been beating people up. I don't remember what all his misdemeanors were,

actually that is exactly what his troubles were

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
but it's not like he's been beating people up. I don't remember what all his misdemeanors were,

What...he beat someone up?

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:30 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

What...he beat someone up?

according to his girlfriend

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
according to his girlfriend

Exactly, nothing ever came of it...just a bunch of misdemeanors and allegations. I'm not saying that's not a concern, and at any moment those things can turn into convictions, but his off the field things I think come more of who he's hanging out with. Like Phins Rock said, bring him to South Florida and see what happens...but maybe he can stay out of trouble. Who knows. That's why it's a crap shoot.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phin wrote:
jammer wrote:

Doesnt matter if you trade or sign, it will probably cost a first round pick for Marshall and given the multiple needs of this team coupled with a loaded draft I doubt the brass is targeting them. I doubt they are targeting Bryant, I'll bet they are considering Boldin, but in the end my bet is they draft a WR later on.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:59 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I thought I read somewhere that Malcom Floyd might more readily available than Jackson from San Diego. He's got a lot of potential and would come cheaper than Marshall or Jackson and, as far as I know, doesn't have any baggage. :jests:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

terrence3829 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that Malcom Floyd might more readily available than Jackson from San Diego. He's got a lot of potential and would come cheaper than Marshall or Jackson and, as far as I know, doesn't have any baggage. :jests:

don't get Iowa started on potential

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 am

Let's not trade a top 15 pick for a "questionable" WR at all lol... sounds good!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]