View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Henne suffers concussion vs Patriots 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Henne suffers concussion vs Patriots
Quote:
Chad Henne suffered a concussion in the Dolphins' Week 17 loss to New England, and did not speak to reporters after the game.

He finished 6-of-16 for 71 yards and a pick, ultimately being outplayed by Tyler Thigpen. Henne's dismal first "full" season as a starter will require the Fins to make a potential splash move in 2011 free agency or the draft for a better solution. Though Henne is signed cheaply through next season ($555K), he's looking like no more than a long-term backup.

www.rotoworld.com

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Henne suffers concussion vs Patriots
he's looking like no more than a long-term backup.

Not good guys...

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Long term back-up? The guy seriously does not deserve a spot on an NFL roster if today was indicative of his future. He was HORRIBLE.

Honestly, all around, based on his performance today, I don't think we've had this bad a QB since Lucas.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Long term back-up? The guy seriously does not deserve a spot on an NFL roster if today was indicative of his future. He was HORRIBLE.

Honestly, all around, based on his performance today, I don't think we've had this bad a QB since Lucas.

38-7 to the pats B squad who were playing for absolutely nothing?....

so who on this team (coaching staff included deserves) deserves a NFL roster spot?..

I totally realize by the 80 different Henne sucks threads around here that he's the problem but really guys this is getting stale..

The whole fricken team doesnt show up and its still the Henne blows show..thank god Thigpen is the messiah and he will come and save the day next year..... Way more problems than a QB today guys!!..

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

As with any team the QB and coach get most of the blame when things go wrong. In this case the Henne - Henning combo wasn't working. A new OC might solve it, might not. The point is Miami needs to bring in a few QBs and try and draft one as high as possible

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

80 post threads on Henne dont lie either. Of course Henne isnt the ONLY problem, but he sure is a HUGE problem as the QB of this team.

IMO, he is holding a clipboard in Miami or somewhere else next season. Proof has been in his play, period.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:50 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:

You've lost all perspective.

Can I pick out one game and forecast Henne's future also?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Mindtornado wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

He has zero accuracy, his decision making and ability to read defenses is down right awful, he panics, he has no leadership....

He's a better QB than he was today, but still....

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Mindtornado wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Henne was servicable before he was benched for Pennington. Stupid move by the coaching staff but they were desperate for some consistency. After that, Henne has been worse than any QB I can remember. Even Lucas made plays downfield. Henne has been horrible. Any defense of him should start with the excuse that he is young and will learn. Outside of that, the only perspective anyone should have is to replace him as soon as possible.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]