View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Ronnie 16 yards shy of $500K ... Patriots may be interested 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ronnie 16 yards shy of $500K ... Patriots may be interested
Quote:
Ronnie Brown managed just 14 yards on six carries and three catches for 39 yards in the Dolphins' Week 17 loss.

Brown could've activated a $500,000 incentive by hitting 750 rushing yards for the season, but came up 16 yards shy. His per-play performance was down across the board this season. The 29-year-old (Brown turned in December) finished with a career-worst 3.68 yards-per-carry average in a highly disappointing contract year. There have been rumors that Bill Belichick's Patriots would be interested in Brown as an unrestricted free agent in 2011.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Ronnie 16 yards shy of $500K ... Patriots may be interested
Brown needs more playing time. Resign him cheap, dump Ricky and promote Hilliard. Ronnie is a back that needs his carries and he got screwed this year.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

need a new runningback

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ronnie is just fine. So is Ricky. We need a new Center and Guard. That's it's for our run game. We have all the running backs we need and more. Brown, Williams, Cobbs, Hilliard and Sheets. We could lose one and still not need to draft one.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:54 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Big Dave wrote:
Quote:
Ronnie Brown managed just 14 yards on six carries and three catches for 39 yards in the Dolphins' Week 17 loss.

Brown could've activated a $500,000 incentive by hitting 750 rushing yards for the season, but came up 16 yards shy. His per-play performance was down across the board this season. The 29-year-old (Brown turned in December) finished with a career-worst 3.68 yards-per-carry average in a highly disappointing contract year. There have been rumors that Bill Belichick's Patriots would be interested in Brown as an unrestricted free agent in 2011.

Crazy.....Did they go out there with the idea of not getting Ronnie that bonus...Where was he all day? Not sure what his play count was. But come on.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:57 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

The Hen wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Quote:

Crazy.....Did they go out there with the idea of not getting Ronnie that bonus...Where was he all day? Not sure what his play count was. But come on.

Hen I've been asking the $$ question all year with the personnel moves they've made. You can't pinch pennies where it counts and win in this league. They go out and blow the bank for Marshall and what did he provide Miami that Camarillo didn't last year?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:
Brown needs more playing time. Resign him cheap, dump Ricky and promote Hilliard. Ronnie is a back that needs his carries and he got screwed this year.

Agreed.

Get a speed back and go into next season with a trio of Brown as the #1, rookie as 1b, and Hilliard as a 5 carry a game type of guy. Just depth, but still give him some work to bruise the defense up.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No need to get a speed back to do that. We will have Kory Sheets next season.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:19 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If Ronnie danced a little less this year then he would have been a 1,000 yard back. He is a good football player and I am not surprised that Belicheat wouldn't want to poach him off of our roster.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Hen I've been asking the $$ question all year with the personnel moves they've made. You can't pinch pennies where it counts and win in this league. They go out and blow the bank for Marshall and what did he provide Miami that Camarillo didn't last year?

You can't honestly be serious in asking this question, right?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Of course Belicheat would sign Ronnie Brown and he would immediately have his career best in yardage and touchdowns and probably add insult to injury by running the wildcat against Miami and score 4 touchdowns!!

Now THAT is very Dolphin-Like luck!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 pm

MNDolfan wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

You can't honestly be serious in asking this question, right?

Asking what question....

Marshall has been okay on offense statistically but how many of those catches were pointless? First downs, TDs, .. how many drops in big games? How many whiny cry baby distractions did this team suffer at his expense...if a 2nd rounder was available for him, I'd cut my losses.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brandon Marshall had alot of drops, no doubt, but he is still a top ten NFL receiver and a better QB, a better OC-play calling and an improved team, he will still be a huge asset to have on offense. IMO you definitely keep him.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm not sold. I would've paid $100 bucks to watch Jake Long go out there and spike him on the field when he tossed that ball OB against Chicago. Someone needs to get in his face. As far as I'm concerned...he's TO except TO was better this year.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:45 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Ski_Money wrote:
Ronnie is just fine. So is Ricky. We need a new Center and Guard. That's it's for our run game. We have all the running backs we need and more. Brown, Williams, Cobbs, Hilliard and Sheets. We could lose one and still not need to draft one.

after I saw Ricky so easily fumble the ball on a no gain play I'm pretty fed up with him and his offensive line, and the OC.

I'm just sick of it all.

I would like to see miami keep brown and give ricky up.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]