View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dolphins: Guest blogger balances out the cries for change 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins: Guest blogger balances out the cries for change
Quote:
Joe W, take it away:

“Honestly, I can’t stomach a regime change at this point. I’m so sick of that supposed solution. History has proven that it’s no solution at all. If it happens, I won’t be happy. And I’d be furious if the replacement is someone who doesn’t run a 3-4. That will mean a complete dismantling and rebuilding of the personnel on the defensive side of the ball.
“I guess I could deal with Cowher, but Gruden would be a disaster. The bottom line is a regime change doesn’t equal an upgrade at QB and that would make all the difference in the world. Just imagine where the Pats would be without Brady. If Brian Hoyer, the current backup to Brady, was their QB all season they’d be a 5-6 win team at best with that defense. At that point, would it be wise to fire Belechick because he’s a bad coach?
“The coach as a scapegoat is wrong in most cases around the league with teams that have inferior talent. This front office has upgraded the talent on this team by huge measures in the past three years. The talent level of this team in 2007 was that of an expansion team. No, seriously, an expansion team. Do you think an expansion team and their fan base would be pissed if they’d gone 11-5, 7-9 and then 8-8 in the first three years in the league? Because that’s what I equate the Dolphins situation to.
“They’ve made bold moves in getting Marshall & Dansby. They found gems in guys like Randy Starks, Cameron Wake, Davone Bess and Tony McDaniel for little or no draft/trade compensation. They’ve drafted solid starters if not potential stars in Jake Long, Kendall Langford, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline, Chris Clemons and maybe Reshad Jones. If you look at the first five rounds, which I consider the “money” rounds to find starters, then you’ll have a lot more hits than misses.
“This year’s draft class is impossible to grade at this point because it’s too early and two of the players ended up on IR. I’ve been impressed that Misi’s run defense has improved so much from early in the season. It gives me hope in time he can develop into a decent pass rusher. Jerry has been the biggest disappointment, but I always give rookies at least two full years before making any judgments. If they show no improvement over year 1, then I’m done; see Chad Henne.

” ‘Keep the regime. Change the QB.’ That’s my New Year’s resolution and it should be for Ross, Ireland and Sparano too.”
Your thoughts out there?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... hange.html

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:14 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Dolphins: Guest blogger balances out the cries for change
I agree with Joe W on most of his points. :yay:

I would also like to see a change in OC.....no more wildcat bro! :war:

I wouldn't give up on Henne just yet, but I do believe a vet needs to be brought in to challenge for starting spot and that another qb should be brought in through the draft.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]