View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 Sparano to return in 2011 (meeting refuted by Salguero) 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Sparano to return in 2011 (meeting refuted by Salguero)
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 8/26725655

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:18 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Sparano to return in 2011
Get ready for another year of fist pumping over field goals!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

:yay:

Hopefully he keeps Nolan here and gets a big time OC.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am

Rock Sexton wrote:

See, I don't understand what people's problems with that is.

What is he supposed to do? Boo Carpenter off the field?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I am sure part of the deal is to get rid of Henning. I would also get rid of our QB coach, Denny, our WR coach Dorrell and our putz of an Oline coach, jaba da hut. I like Tony a lot, so do the players

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:08 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Phins Rock wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

With you on this one... when your offense has a successful drive and comes away with points, you have to be excited ... you never know if you will get anymore points or not so you have to be positive and keep your team motivated. I sure would have liked to see him fist pumping 4 times that he didn't get to in the Bills game because of misses.

If i'm not mistaken his offensive lineman are still out there for the field goal attempt and when they score and they are coming to the sideline I think it is to say... great job for sustaining a drive / being physical to get into field goal range and coming away with points.

We wouldn't even being questioning this if we had scored more touchdowns this year. Yes, it gets annoying because of this very reason, but on an individual basis I don't see what the big deal is.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Our owner is showing good decision making right now by staying the course. He's giving our staff the ability to finish what they started. The only coach other than Dan Henning that I would like to see go is our special teams coach, I think we could stand to hire someone else because special teams really bit us badly this season.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:26 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

This is the first thing I have liked about Parcells in a long time. This team is close and a complete overhaul would be devastating.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Just another fine example of BS media hype..

Ross stated on Monday he didnt have any changes planned. Whether or not Parcels was asked what to do is really unknown.

I really wish the media would take this team out from under Parcells shadow.. Its a shadow of quitters and failures...

Sparano can be just as good or better than anyone I had heard rumors of. He actually has a head start...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:35 am

This is the right call but lets face it , Sparano stays & all the comments are why he should. Had Ross pulled the trigger all the comments then would have been why that was a good move as well.
I bought in this year .... unless something really drastic happens next year & I am not talking much to this team , maybe some major injuries to other teams I think this is more than a 1 year fix especially with our expectations. Why not extend him now so he is not a lame duck coach & we can at least avoid any speculation of a change during the season.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

LOL. I think what Sexton is saying is that the playcalling leading up to the field goal is sickening ... but of course we shouldn't see Henning back.

My guess is that Sparano would be happier with a TD, but with the shape of the OL, QB experience, and crappy offensive playcalling, then points are points.

I do not have a problem with Coach Sparano returning, but I hope he is able to make some real changes on the offensive side of the ball.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Sparano to return in 2011 (rumor?)
Got this going on, too. I actually cannot find the Armando Salguero aritcle for confirmation, but it could have been said on his radio show.

Quote:
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports that that Parcells has not talked to Ross about retaining Sparano, so it appears the report may be false. ESPN's Chris Mortensen has previously reported that Sparano will get the axe after Sunday's game. Lombardi also added that offensive coordinator Dan Henning would be replaced, but the word has been that Henning will retire, so that's no surprise. He also mentioned Gary Kubiak (if he's fired by the Texans) and Josh McDaniels as potential fits as the new OC.

www.rotoworld.com

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

OK, they just posted the Salguero article. Should be interesting.

Quote:
Bill Parcells has NOT spoken with Ross

It was "reported" Wednesday by the NFL Network's Michael Lombardi that Dolphins Consultant Bill Parcells had spoon to owner Stephen Ross and convinced him to retain coach Tony Sparano. I am reporting today that Parcells has NOT spoken with Ross and obviously has thereforenot convinced the owner about anything relative to retaining or firing Sparano. It is logical to believe that a conversation between Parcells and Ross may happen once the season is over. But the season is not over. It is logical to believe Parcells might back his proteges Sparano and GM Jeff Ireland. But has that happened yet? No.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... -ross.html

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:11 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

Isn't that what the cheerleaders are for.......

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:30 am

Post Re: Sparano to return in 2011 (meeting refuted by Salguero)
So Parcells is making this decision??

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I certainly hope Sparano get's the final year of his contract to make the changes necessary on the offensive side of the ball.

We are all deeply disappointed in the way this year went for the team, as I thought this was certainly a playoff team. That being said, I certainly don't want to see 3 years of a major rebuilding project flushed down the drain, because progress has been made.

No one realizes more than Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano that the new hire of an OC and getting the right individual will be critical, because if they are bought back, they will not get another chance to get it right.

Mike Nolan was a great hire for the defense, the same needs to happen for this offensive unit and I believe the majority of what is done in the off season will be to upgrade offensive personnel.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:40 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Sparano is staying... Parcells already left...

Hopefully the media will finally get some kind of idea that the old quitter has up and left yet another team mid way through the rebuild because he is NOT competent enough to build a championship team...

Ireland/Sparano are here next year...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:57 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

10acjed wrote:

Hopefully the media will finally get some kind of idea that the old quitter has up and left yet another team mid way through the rebuild because he is NOT competent enough to build a championship team...

The sad thing is that if Miami wins a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, the media will still probably credit Parcells as turning the team around. If Sparano is still around when that happens, it will be another protege to make it big in the NFL and always be tied back to him.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Its kind of like when Randy McMichael would fist pump after every first down, no matter the score. I don't think I would fist pump a field goal unless it was the game winner/changer. Its a bit of an overreaction IMO.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:18 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Big Dave wrote:
Got this going on, too. I actually cannot find the Armando Salguero aritcle for confirmation, but it could have been said on his radio show.

Quote:
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports that that Parcells has not talked to Ross about retaining Sparano, so it appears the report may be false. ESPN's Chris Mortensen has previously reported that Sparano will get the axe after Sunday's game. Lombardi also added that offensive coordinator Dan Henning would be replaced, but the word has been that Henning will retire, so that's no surprise. He also mentioned Gary Kubiak (if he's fired by the Texans) and Josh McDaniels as potential fits as the new OC.

http://www.rotoworld.com

This is the first I have seen mention about Josh McDaniels ... would be interesting to have him facing off against Belichick twice a year as OC. Wasn't there animosity between him and Marshall though? How would that work, lol?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Supposedly Marshall and McDaniels have worked out their differences. Still, I don't see him being an option. Too young and cocky for Sparano I think.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thats a good debate. Does a laid back Sparano need another laid back guy like Kubiak or do you throw some spit fire into the equation and hire a younger fiery guy like McDaniels? Assuming of course, either was considered/available for the OC spot once old man Henning retires.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hire Paul Chryst from Wisconsin as offensive coordinator. The Badgers score a lot of points and they never have a superstar for a quarterback.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead wrote:
Thats a good debate. Does a laid back Sparano need another laid back guy like Kubiak or do you throw some spit fire into the equation and hire a younger fiery guy like McDaniels? Assuming of course, either was considered/available for the OC spot once old man Henning retires.

Kubiak's 1 cut zone blocking system would be a nice change.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It will be intersting to see what happens with Henne this offseason. We have done virtually nothing to build an offense around him this season other than acquiring Marshall last offseason. The current offense we have in place was built for Chad Pennington and it shows. Maybe once we get another offensive coordinator, we draft heavily on the offensive side of the football, and we acquire other key offensive pieces through free agency, Henne wil start to turn the corner? Maybe if we commit to building the offense around him he will finally start producing the way we all were hoping for?
I think this will be Sparano's game plan going into this offseason, building an offense around Chad Henne that will allow him to lead us to the playoffs. I'm 99% sure that our staff hasn't given up on Henne just yet.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:58 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

wkloiber13 wrote:
It will be intersting to see what happens with Henne this offseason. We have done virtually nothing to build an offense around him this season other than acquiring Marshall last offseason. The current offense we have in place was built for Chad Pennington and it shows. Maybe once we get another offensive coordinator, we draft heavily on the offensive side of the football, and we acquire other key offensive pieces through free agency, Henne wil start to turn the corner? Maybe if we commit to building the offense around him he will finally start producing the way we all were hoping for?
I think this will be Sparano's game plan going into this offseason, building an offense around Chad Henne that will allow him to lead us to the playoffs. I'm 99% sure that our staff hasn't given up on Henne just yet.

I agree with your points about the issues with Henne's developement but do you think they believe in him enough to bring in an OC and new system to build around Henne right now? They have to commit to Henne for this to work. Its the same thought if we get a new rookie in here as well, at some point the staff have to believe in whoever we bring in enough to work things around him instead of just expecting him to adjust to the system.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Supposedly Marshall and McDaniels have worked out their differences. Still, I don't see him being an option. Too young and cocky for Sparano I think.

The coordinator is going to have to fit the profile of the O-line they want. Got to consider that.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Phins Rock wrote:

Young and cocky is what we need right now... however he had differences with both Marshall and Nolan... not so sure he's even an option here.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphan94 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I agree with your points about the issues with Henne's developement but do you think they believe in him enough to bring in an OC and new system to build around Henne right now? They have to commit to Henne for this to work. It's the same thought if we get a new rookie in here as well, at some point the staff have to believe in whoever we bring in enough to work things around him instead of just expecting him to adjust to the system.

I think that Henne is the type of quarterback that our coaches like. If we draft another quarterback the guy will likely have many of the same traits that Henne has because that is type of guy they want leading our offense. You can safely build a team around Henne because you know that if we draft someone else then the offense will likely fit his style of play as well. Bottom line, you've got to commit to building an offense that will allow a game manager like Henne to succeed. You've got to have a solid good ground game that scores points in the redzone and you've got to have big time receivers that go up and get it when the ball is thrown their way in the redzone. We need impact guys that can take the pressure off of Henne and put points on the board when we're in our opponents end. Guys that don't settle for fieldgoals!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphan94 wrote:
10acjed wrote:

The sad thing is that if Miami wins a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, the media will still probably credit Parcells as turning the team around. If Sparano is still around when that happens, it will be another protege to make it big in the NFL and always be tied back to him.

If Miami wins the Super Bowl in the next 5 years with this regime(That Parcells hired)and a good amount of his players....Then yes he desirves all the credit in the world......We were 1-15 when he took over,with a terrible coach(keep Ca-moron...Oh boy!) and front office.

PS.I would be sad about nothing with a ring!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We're a very young football team that is on the cusp of being a playoff contender. Maybe we spend an offseason that is heavily focused on the offense this year, and maybe we struggle a little bit more next season, but after that it's game on! I think by 2012 we're not only going to be in the playoffs, but we'll be a serious contender for a long time to come.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Given the bad blood between McDaniels, Nolan, and Marshall, I don't see him coming here; not by a long shot. Kubiak will be in high demand wherever he goes, and I imagine he will have plenty of choices to choose from. Would we be near the to of that list??

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Given the bad blood between McDaniels, Nolan, and Marshall, I don't see him coming here; not by a long shot. Kubiak will be in high demand wherever he goes, and I imagine he will have plenty of choices to choose from. Would we be near the to of that list??

Kubiak was a great offensive coordinator for Denver, that guy always seemed to produce 1,00 yard back after 1,000 yard back. Maybe he can come here and fix our offense?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Quote:
Brian Tullis (Texas)

Tony Sparano staying or going in Miami? If going, who do you see as the replacement?

Adam Schefter (2:23 PM)

Sounds like he's staying, Brian. Now things are always subject to change at this time of the year. What's true one day might not be true the next. But as of right now, the Dolphins would like to keep Sparano. Let's see what happens Sunday, and beyond, but my sense now is that Sparano will return next season.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I read a couple of articles on my National Football Post app on my phone that mentioned that Kubiak is probably going to stay in Houston and that Wade Phillips will be brought in as their DC. So we can probably hang up the thoughts for Kubiak.

Here's one of the articles. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Can-Wade-Phillips-save-Kubiak-Texans.html

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]