All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Quote:
RoboHenne is back and that is not a good thing

One of the things I perceive is a problem with quarterback Chad Henne is his robotic, unfeeling, almost zombie-like approach to playing his position.

Henne would never think of calling a freak audible that isn't dictated by the defense or coaching staff. He follows his progression of reads even if it means throwing a 4-yard pass to Ricky Williams with 23 seconds to play from his own 28 yard line when he's got no timeouts and needs to go 45 yards to line up for a game-tying FG.

Heart? Passion? Emotion? Nowhere to be found.

It drives me crazy.

Henne had one game when he played like a guy with a big heart in his chest and emotion coarsing through his body this season: The Raiders game on November 28. He has since gone back to the uninstinctive, unemotional, uninspired, unsatisfactory play that we saw before he got benched.

On Sunday, however, Henne took robotics to a new high. He did it on the field. And he did it in his post-game press conference to the point he is starting to lose credibility.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z18fmwEVLI

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6572
As I've posted prior. Just like with coaches. When you have a loose coach who lets players be men, then that is the problem. You need a disciplinarian.

When you have a disciplinarian then you need a coach who is loose & lets the players be men.

If Henne flew by the seat of his pants, then we would have an article about how he needs to be doing it by the book.

This is nothing more than a typical fence jumping article.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8560
Location: MA
Dphins4me wrote:
As I've posted prior. Just like with coaches. When you have a loose coach who lets players be men, then that is the problem. You need a disciplinarian.

When you have a disciplinarian then you need a coach who is loose & lets the players be men.

If Henne flew by the seat of his pants, then we would have an article about how he needs to be doing it by the book.

This is nothing more than a typical fence jumping article.


Didn't Salguero type up an article a month or so ago saying how Miami needs to be patient with Henne and that the road might still be rocky?

Seems he has reached his boiling point as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
jammer wrote:
Didn't Salguero type up an article a month or so ago saying how Miami needs to be patient with Henne and that the road might still be rocky?

Seems he has reached his boiling point as well.


A lot of people have. LOL.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
Dphins4me wrote:
As I've posted prior. Just like with coaches. When you have a loose coach who lets players be men, then that is the problem. You need a disciplinarian.

When you have a disciplinarian then you need a coach who is loose & lets the players be men.

If Henne flew by the seat of his pants, then we would have an article about how he needs to be doing it by the book.

This is nothing more than a typical fence jumping article.


Welcome to the world of most Phins fans in general, and Salguero in specific. He is an entertainer, not a journalist, and he knows what his audience wants to hear/read.

I'd also be willing to bet that he hasn't addressed the complete lack of running game in any sense of depth at all. In fact, Omar Kelly is the only local guy I can think of who has.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
eleaf wrote:

Welcome to the world of most Phins fans in general


Always inciting how much better of a fan you are. Too funny.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:37 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:

Welcome to the world of most Phins fans in general


Always inciting how much better of a fan you are. Too funny.


Do most Phins fans NOT fence swap on a nearly daily basis? Just look at the difference in criticism between this week and last. There is no consistency. Most pick their whipping boy and whip 'em good regardless of the circumstances or facts surrounding said whipping boy.

This is not an "I'm better than the rest" chest thumping; it's the truth.

And there's no reason to be a dirt bag.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
eleaf wrote:
Do most Phins fans NOT fence swap on a nearly daily basis? Just look at the difference in criticism between this week and last. There is no consistency. Most pick their whipping boy and whip 'em good regardless of the circumstances or facts surrounding said whipping boy.

This is not an "I'm better than the rest" chest thumping; it's the truth.

And there's no reason to be a dirt bag


Nah, I think you single out a few and dip your paint brush in it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:21 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8355
Welcome to the world of most Phins fans in general


You want me to review this? He wasn't talking directly to you. It's like saying most people are celebrating Christmas in 5 days....please stop.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:38 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
He's back?

When did he leave? When he wasn't on the field against Chicago?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
eleaf wrote:
Do most Phins fans NOT fence swap on a nearly daily basis? Just look at the difference in criticism between this week and last. There is no consistency. Most pick their whipping boy and whip 'em good regardless of the circumstances or facts surrounding said whipping boy.


great post, best post I've read around here in awhile.

as far as the article goes; I felt like I wrote it myself.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Kev1321 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r