View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 B Marshall proves worth vs Bills / apologizes to defense 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post B Marshall proves worth vs Bills / apologizes to defense
Whatever you think about Miami's offense, you cannot put Brandon Marshall in that lot. Credit Henne for having the intelligence in getting him the ball as often as possible. Also, you had to like that nice block he put on the cornerback on Ronnie Brown's TD run. He can do it all.

The offense has a cornerstone to build upon in Marshall.

Quote:
Brandon Marshall caught 11 passes for 106 yards and a touchdown as the Dolphins fell to the Bills 17-14 in Week 15. The Dolphins have been officially eliminated from playoff contention, but it certainly wasn't Marshall's fault. The Fins got him matched up with burnable Bills RCB Drayton Florence for much of the game, and Marshall simply out-physicaled Florence in a chain-moving effort. Having missed two games, Marshall is on pace to finish his first season as a Dolphin with an 82/932/4 line. He'll look to up that pace against the Lions in Week 16.

http://www.rotoworld.com

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Brandon Marshall proves his worth vs the Bills
And I agree with his apology to the defense. He's maturing.

Quote:
“I want to apologize to the defensive guys, especially the players. All year they played their hearts out, they played together. They played like a unit’s supposed to play,” said Marshall, who is playing his second game since being sidelined by a right hamstring strain. “Offensively all year we didn’t get the job done. We didn’t make enough plays. Today we didn’t get the job done. It’s embarrassing. It’s just a shame.

“When you have a defense like that …you don’t have to be great as an offense. You just have to be okay and we haven’t been that all year and it’s embarrassing. So, I apologize to each guy on the other side of the ball.

“I’m held accountable too. I’m not pointing fingers at anyone on the offense. It’s all of us as a group, coaches too. We just didn’t get the job done [against the Bills] and it’s been that way all season.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: B Marshall proves worth vs Bills / apologizes to defense
Marshall had a good game (finally) but that whole game it appeared he was still ready to go off & do something stupid. And just in general I still think he is a volcanoe awaiting to erupt.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
Marshall had a good game (finally) but that whole game it appeared he was still ready to go off & do something stupid. And just in general I still think he is a volcanoe awaiting to erupt.

I fell his pain... I too am ready to erupt when I watch that crappy offense fail to execute....

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

10acjed wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I fell his pain... I too am ready to erupt when I watch that crappy offense fail to execute....

Exactly, he's a competitor and wants to win. Hell, if I go negative in a game of Black Ops I blow up on myself, I could only imagine how I would act on a football field.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Interesting how going into the season I'd bet most thought that the defense would be the liability and the reason Miami might be a .500 ball club. The ground game, the young QB with the big arm, the Marshall acquisition...a lot of people thought this team would be putting up some numbers and excitement.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Interesting how going into the season I'd bet most thought that the defense would be the liability and the reason Miami might be a .500 ball club. The ground game, the young QB with the big arm, the Marshall acquisition...a lot of people thought this team would be putting up some numbers and excitement.

Yep, I was one of them...this offense has been disappointing at best, and I'm not going to dump it on Henne. He's certainly underwhelmed at points, but which offensive player hasn't?

The 2 minute crap yesterday was all coaching...nobody looked like it had even been practiced....and why would you run a 8 yard dig with 47 seconds or whatever with no timeouts? Thats playcalling...

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Not your fault Brandon.

You're right Dave. I think Miami has 3 or 4 nice pieces on offense to build around. Bess, Marshall, Long and Hartline. Carey should still be here for a couple of years at the least.

This offense needs major re-tooling. No doubt about it. 2-3 new interior O-lineman. 2 new RB's (including a 3rd down guy). 1 new QB, 1 new OC, 1 new TE (not to replace Fasano, but to compliment).

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]