View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fasano ... ignored as a receiving threat 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Fasano ... ignored as a receiving threat
I understand that the Dolphins are having serious problems keeping the defense out of the quarterback's face. I just do not get not trying to get Fasano the ball more. 3 times? Not good enough as he has shown that when the ball gets in his hands he is hard to bring down.

Quote:
Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano caught three passes for 30 yards in the team's Week 15 loss to Buffalo. This is right around Fasano's average line on the season. He needs touchdowns for respectable fantasy days, and has scored just four times this year.

www.rotoworld.com

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Fasano ... ignored as a receiving threat
He can't catch passes if he's not going out to run patterns. And he can't get out there if Henne is keeping him in to block on every single pass play...

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:08 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
He can't catch passes if he's not going out to run patterns. And he can't get out there if Henne is keeping him in to block on every single pass play...

Key word being if.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Key word being if.

And even IF he is keeping Fasano in on most passing plays, there is a very good reason why other than "Henne sucks." I'll give you a hint: its starts with "O" and ends with "ffensive line".

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lol..he's ignored because he's not much of a threat. His inconsitency in catching the ball would make me go his way less as well.
But this is all moot...so Fasano was targeting 3 times...who cares? Marshall had 11 and Bess had 9. What needs to improve is the running/screen game.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Lol..he's ignored because he's not much of a threat. His inconsitency in catching the ball would make me go his way less as well.
But this is all moot...so Fasano was targeting 3 times...who cares? Marshall had 11 and Bess had 9. What needs to improve is the running/screen game.

Inconsistency? When was his last drop? That argument is a mirage. The only thing inconsistent about Fasano's game is the amount of routes he gets to run because of Henne/O-line issues.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Inconsistency? When was his last drop? That argument is a mirage. The only thing inconsistent about Fasano's game is the amount of routes he gets to run because of Henne/O-line issues.

Yes, because Fasano has proven that if he were running routes all the time he would be putting up all world numbers as evidenced by his performance in previous seasons.

Talk about formalizing an opinion out of nothing.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Yes, because Fasano has proven that if he were running routes all the time he would be putting up all world numbers as evidenced by his performance in previous seasons.

Talk about formalizing an opinion out of nothing.

Exactly what you're doing. You've been bagging on Fasano all year long and you're only excuse is that you think he hasn't proven himself. Every time you've bagged on him in chat he's come thru with tough grabs. He can't help it if his QB's game drops off a cliff without max protect. He's not allowed to run freely. Back when TE's were utilized in this offense the twosome of Martin/Fasano would gut zone coverages.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Five Plays That Propelled the 2008 Miami Dolphins to a Division Title

Anthony Fasano and David Martin: Seam and crossing routes

Thanks in part to Pennington’s lack of arm strength and inability to consistency threaten deep down the field, the tight end position became a critical factor to the Miami Dolphins’ success in 2008.

With a lack of experienced receivers, the Dolphins often turned to two tight end sets to offset the team’s need for veteran pass catchers.

Together, Anthony Fasano and David Martin combined for 65 receptions, more than 900 yards and 10 touchdowns. The two finished with the most productive season from the tight end position in the franchise’s long history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1834 ... tle/page/3

Quote:
Anthony Fasano's 55-yard touchdown Saturday brought back memories of 2008, the best season for a group of tight ends in team history.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/24/1 ... z18hgEP87L

............... God I miss those days.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
You've been bagging on Fasano all year long and you're only excuse is that you think he hasn't proven himself.

He hasn't.

Isn't that your beef with Henne?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
You've been bagging on Fasano all year long and you're only excuse is that you think he hasn't proven himself.

He hasn't.

See above. Fasano has done enough to show WHEN ALLOWED that he can take advantage of seams and crossing routes.

My beef with Henne is not rooted in proving himself. He clearly hasn't done that enough to warrant an automatic starting bid. My beef with Henne is a long list of things that I've noticed this year that I thought he'd improve on.

- Pathetic 4th quarter QB rating
- Untimely interceptions
- Lack of pocket awareness, protection schemes
- Takes too many sacks instead of getting rid of the ball
- Forcing passes into inopportune coverages
- Propensity to stare down one side of the field
- Checking down too much
- Very robotic persona
- Relies on his arm too much while too erratic in his ball placement
- Tough time hitting guys on out routes and deep balls

Again, we've discussed ad nauseum that there are other problems with the offense which can help to contribute to some of these thing ...... but not all and not all the time like some are trying to convince me. Even when given time in the pocket he's been erratic.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
See above. Fasano has done enough to show WHEN ALLOWED that he cane take advantage of seams and crossing routes.

Two quotes in three seasons? That's all it takes for you to be convinced that Fasano could be much more productive than he's actually been in what we call the real world?

I find the dichotomy of ripping a QB who hasn't proven anything but praising the imaginary potential of a TE that hasn't proven anything in a longer period of time interesting.

Not surprising, but interesting.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Two quotes in three seasons? That's all it takes for you to be convinced that Fasano could be much more productive than he's actually been in what we call the real world?

I find the dichotomy of ripping a QB who hasn't proven anything but praising the imaginary potential of a TE that hasn't proven anything in a longer period of time interesting.

Cmon Rich. Don't play coy. With Fasano and Martin the Dolphins enjoyed the greatest season for TE's in the team's history. This is no small feat and clearly he (along with Martin) took advantage of the opportunity they were given when ALLOWED TO RUN ROUTES and not forced to sit at home in max protect.

Only thing imaginary is your argument against him ..... which is certainly not interesting whatsoever.

LOL @ your quote quota in order to legitimize the man's play.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Cmon Rich. Don't play coy. With Fasano and Martin the Dolphins enjoyed the greatest season for TE's in the team's history. This is no small feat and clearly he (along with Martin) took advantage of the opportunity they were given when ALLOWED TO RUN ROUTES and not forced to sit at home in max protect.

Only thing imaginary is your argument against him ..... which is certainly not interesting whatsoever.

I thought we were talking about Fasano. Not Fasano AND Martin.

Let's deal with Fasano and FACTS.

Fasano's best season in receptions and yards is this season. Better than this storied season of 2008 you keep bringing up. And he still has two games left. But Henne doesn't use him...

This guy has demonstrated he is nothing more than a 2nd tight end.

The Dolphins could definitely use an upgrade at the position.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
I thought we were talking about Fasano. Not Fasano AND Martin.

They employed double TE sets so he shared looks with the man. That's why I mentioned him and the potential the TE position has with this offense if utilized correctly.

Quote:
Let's deal with Fasano and FACTS.

Fasano's best season in receptions and yards is this season. Better than this storied season of 2008 you keep bringing up. And he still has two games left. But Henne doesn't use him...

This guy has demonstrated he is nothing more than a 2nd tight end.

The Dolphins could definitely use an upgrade at the position.

Those aren't facts. His stats playing with Martin were split - again BIG SURPRISE they shared time and both produced well. If the Dolphins needed an upgrade for starting TE they would've drafted one. The faith in Fasano is clear from the regime's part. It's clear however that Henne doesn't know how to utilize him. Forcing passes to Devone Bess for 4 yards when he's got a streaking Fasano wide open downfield. Those types of miscues have been typical of Henne all year.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
They employed double TE sets so he shared looks with the man. That's why I mentioned him and the potential the TE position has with this offense if utilized correctly.

On other words, he is not good enough to be a featured tight end. He needs help. Help he didn't have this year.

In 2008, he had to split opportunities. This year he didn't.

The result? Similar numbers.

He hasn't taken that next step many expected after 2008.

Quote:
Those aren't facts.

So it isn't a fact that he has more catches and yards this season than he did in 2008?

I guess NFL.com's stat section is an opinion blog, then.

Quote:
If the Dolphins needed an upgrade for starting TE they would've drafted one.

So teams always draft every need they have?

They needed upgrades at WR in 2008 and didn't draft any. They didn't need RBs and drafted two.

Quote:
The faith in Fasano is clear from the regime's part.

That doesn't mean they are right about him. They've had faith in other players that haven't panned out. You make it sound like because this regime thinks he is the guy, that he is the guy.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

He hasn't.

To be fair, and something you recently pointed out, Fasano has already had a career year posting better numbers in every category except TDs. He has more yards, more 20+ yard plays, a better average, etc etc.

He doesn't put up all world numbers, but he is playing as well as he's ever played. And all this despite being held in for max protection regularly (particularly at the beginning of the season).

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
That doesn't mean they are right about him. They've had faith in other players that haven't panned out. You make it sound like because this regime thinks he is the guy, that he is the guy.

Doesn't the regime also think Henne is the guy?

Rock Sexton will have nothing to do with that, but will use it here?

C
O
N
S
I
S
T
E
N
C
Y

I
S

L
A
C
K
I
N
G

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

eleaf wrote:

Doesn't the regime also think Henne is the guy?

Rock Sexton will have nothing to do with that, but will use it here?

C
O
N
S
I
S
T
E
N
C
Y

I
S

L
A
C
K
I
N
G

What is he lacking consistency in? When was his last drop? How many drops does he have?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Apparently Rock has a comprehension issue as well.... lol.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Not at all.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Not at all.

You sure displayed it with your response to eleaf's post. Totally missed the mark of what he was saying, my friend.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

eleaf wrote:
To be fair, and something you recently pointed out, Fasano has already had a career year posting better numbers in every category except TDs. He has more yards, more 20+ yard plays, a better average, etc etc.

He doesn't put up all world numbers, but he is playing as well as he's ever played. And all this despite being held in for max protection regularly (particularly at the beginning of the season).

Which is precisely why I feel he needs to be utilized more in the offense.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
You sure displayed it with your response to eleaf's post. Totally missed the mark of what he was saying, my friend.

No.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
No.

*sigh*

Let me spell it out for you.

When he said consistency was lacking, he was referring to YOU, not Fasano.

Here was your response.

Quote:
What is he lacking consistency in? When was his last drop? How many drops does he have?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
No.

*sigh*

Let me spell it out for you.

When he said consistency was lacking, he was referring to YOU, not Fasano.

Here was your response.

Quote:

If that is true, where is the lack of consistency on my part Rich? Would love to hear this. Even though this topic is supposed to be about Fasano not Rock Sexton.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
If that is true, where is the lack of consistency on my part Rich? Would love to hear this. Even though this topic is supposed to be about Fasano not Rock Sexton.

You'd have to talk to eleaf as he made the comment. I just pointed out that you failed to comprehend it.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

You'd have to talk to eleaf as he made the comment. I just pointed out that you failed to comprehend it.

I'd rather not. Again, we're talking about Fasano .....

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Again, we're talking about Fasano .....

Well I was. You brought up Martin as well.

C
O
N
S
I
S
T
E
N
C
Y

I
S

L
A
C
K
I
N
G

:)

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Again, we're talking about Fasano .....

Well I was. You brought up Martin as well.

:)

Rich, I brought up Martin to illustrate the P-O-T-E-N-T-I-A-L of the TE position in this offense now that Fasano is the featured TE. Not hard to understand.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Rich wrote:

These are the types of comments we're talking about on the thread that Big Dave started. Unnecessary.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
These are the types of comments we're talking about on the thread that Big Dave started. Unnecessary.

It never stops.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

Kind of like you calling differing opinions in other threads ridiculous... and you're a MOD. What is your excuse?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

Kind of like you calling differing opinions in other threads ridiculous... and you're a MOD. What is your excuse?

You said he has a reading comprehension problem. I called your argument ridiculous.

One is a personal attack, the other was unnecessary and I apologize, but not a personal attack in my book.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

No.

Um. Yes.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

Phins Rock wrote:
You said he has a reading comprehension problem.

If you want to refer to pointing out a factual event that occurred as a personal attack so be it. He clearly had trouble comprehending what was being posted. I don't consider it a personal attack as I did not do it to attack him personally, but to point out that he indeed misunderstood something that was posted.

By the way, where are you when Rock is constantly denigrating all the threads he participates in?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
One is a personal attack, the other was unnecessary and I apologize, but not a personal attack in my book.

Except that in this case, he wasn't making a personal attack, but an observation. A correct one.

Rock Sexton completely missed what I wrote.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

If you want to refer to pointing out a factual event that occurred as a personal attack so be it. He clearly had trouble comprehending what was being posted. I don't consider it a personal attack as I did not do it to attack him personally, but to point out that he indeed misunderstood something that was posted.

By the way, where are you when Rock is constantly denigrating all the threads he participates in?

We've handled all the users who have been, what we consider, violating the rules.

I personally have not said anything to him or really anybody in recent days, but I saw this and thought I would.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Fine. Than say, "you mis understood what I said" instead of saying he can't read and digest in fancy words.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

We've handled all the users who have been, what we consider, violating the rules.

I personally have not said anything to him or really anybody in recent days, but I saw this and thought I would.

Read eleaf's post.

He gets it. You don't.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next