View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 watching the gb-ne game and i noticed something .. 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post watching the gb-ne game and i noticed something ..
the packers, while severally undermanned, have an active attacking playcaller calling their plays...ours is the opposite!!! Example when the Pats were getting good pressure on flynn, out come the short slant passes and the screens....we turtle up and go max protect and run a 2 man route....our offensive coaching staff makes terrible or no in game adjustments...how many draws or traps do we run if getting pressured....also the Packers coaches seem to realize for a young qb 3 and 4 is better then 3-9 or 10....so they have been running even though they are only getting 3 or 4 yards a pop...we have been extremely handicapped by our OC and to the extent Sparano is involved with the offensive plan, hi as well !!!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: watching the gb-ne game and i noticed something ..
I think defenses have an easy time gameplanning for us

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

thats what Marshall said....I am telling you...his lack of dramatic improvement I feel is due to poor coaching , game planning and in game coaching adjustments then his being dub!!!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:24 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is my biggest complaint against Henning. Someone in the chat room yesterday asked "do we ever throw the ball more than 12 yards downfield"? This is a coaching philosophy. There are so many things that Miami could try and do to attack. Go with more shotgun, Go with spread offensive formations, use 3 step drops, throw to the TE more often, throw to your playmakers Marshall and Bess more ofte, use screens and draws instead of the WC, go into 2 minute hurry up formations, throw more 15 yards or deeper routes. I have been a big Henne supporter, but why haven't they tried to throw Thigpen into some spread formations instead of the WC? This is why I want Sparano out. Its so frustrating to watch the same thing week in and week out. 7,8 or 9 defenders at the Line of scrimmage daring Miami to throw the ball.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:17 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

I agree the play calling was much better, but both of GB's QB's appear to be better than any of ours IMO. Flynn was making some good throws in tight spots.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:04 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Matt Flynn also made throws that a young QB would make also. The offensive coaching staff for the Packers is better than what Miami has in place, PERIOD.

For Matt Flynn to play that well in his first career start after looking pretty bad in the Detroit game last week shows he has been coached well. Green Bay also was pretty close to 50/50 run to pass ratio.

I still want Tony Sparano here in place, as the right move was made to bring in a new DC and we see what Mike Nolan has meant to the defense. Now, the change needs to be to bring in a new OC, whether Dan Henning is retiring or not.

Chad Henne has regressed, but the game plan and his development has been what it should have been.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

ytnewton wrote:
I agree the play calling was much better, but both of GB's QB's appear to be better than any of ours IMO. Flynn was making some good throws in tight spots.

Absolutely with Rodgers, much better than Henne.

But Flynn? He had a nice game as a young QB. Henne had the same type of game against the Jets last year in his 2nd career start. He even hit Ginn with a 50 yd bomb that had everyone thinking the vertical passing game has arrived. Might be a little early to start dubbing him better.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

jammer wrote:
ytnewton wrote:

Absolutely with Rodgers, much better than Henne.

But Flynn? He had a nice game as a young QB. Henne had the same type of game against the Jets last year in his 2nd career start. He even hit Ginn with a 50 yd bomb that had everyone thinking the vertical passing game has arrived. Might be a little early to start dubbing him better.

Yea maybe too early, Flynn just looked a lot more comfortable back there than I can remember Henne being at any point. Plus he was on the road in a hostile environment playing the best team in the league, record wise.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:34 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

ytnewton wrote:
Yea maybe too early, Flynn just looked a lot more comfortable back there than I can remember Henne being at any point. Plus he was on the road in a hostile environment playing the best team in the league, record wise.

Agreed, it was impressive and he made some nice throws.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:39 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

last week when he came in for Rodgers he looked lost....hmmn maybe he was coached properly during the week ?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]