View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Think new OC , then how to draft 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Think new OC , then how to draft
We need an OC that is going to come in and establish an identity for us, because we have none now. NE hasn't had studs at RB, because they have a dominant qb and an amazing passing attack. If we bring in a OC that will have us be pass first, then trading up in the 1st round to get a QB would make sense...if we get a guy who is run first, then a homerun threat RB can be had with where we will draft, and we can focus the rest of the draft on the Line and TE etc...we have 2 dominant players or O..Marshall and Long..everyone else needs to be fighting for a job this summer...but we need to have a direction and plan with our offense, and right now I don't see that....

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Think new OC , then how to draft
dolphan74 wrote:
We need an OC that is going to come in and establish an identity for us, because we have none now. NE hasn't had studs at RB, because they have a dominant qb and an amazing passing attack. If we bring in a OC that will have us be pass first, then trading up in the 1st round to get a QB would make sense...if we get a guy who is run first, then a homerun threat RB can be had with where we will draft, and we can focus the rest of the draft on the Line and TE etc...we have 2 dominant players or O..Marshall and Long..everyone else needs to be fighting for a job this summer...but we need to have a direction and plan with our offense, and right now I don't see that....

Bess needs to be added to your list.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:24 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

he is a dominant role player...wouldnt put him up with long or marshall..yet.. :grin:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

With as many deep passes as we attempt, I wouldn't put Marshall in there either. Long (pre-injury) shut people down. I don't think anybody on our offense strikes fear in opposing defenses.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Hang 10 wrote:
With as many deep passes as we attempt, I wouldn't put Marshall in there either. Long (pre-injury) shut people down. I don't think anybody on our offense strikes fear in opposing defenses.

Marshall may not be living up to the un-reachable hype, but he's still a top 5 WR in the NFL.

I'd put BM, Long and Bess in a slot role.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]