View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 44 passes and 17 runs...anyquestions ?? 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post 44 passes and 17 runs...anyquestions ??
Henning, not Henne is the problem... the worst run defense in the league...and 17 runs....and that stupid wildcat ...wtf....we really have zero identity on offense......this was painful to watch

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: 44 passes and 17 runs...anyquestions ??
Yeah...let's put all the blame on the coaches.....It's not the guy who throws 2 check downs with 0 time outs and 41 seconds left at his own 20. Not the guy who stares down WR's, and then if they're not there panics and doesn't know what to do. Not the guy who calls a TO when you're trying to hurry up to the line to avoid a challenge. Not the guy who has zero short throw accuracy. Not the guy who for the 3rd straight week has been unable to get to the 15 point park. Not that guy....it's all Dan Henning....

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The imbalance has a lot to do with the inability of our team to run successfully. Also, when you are playing from behind all the time, you do tend to throw the ball more.....especially when down by 10 pts in the 4th quarter. Most of the passes were runs anyway, as they were mostly check downs to the backs and short routes to the receivers. The team still has an inability to run screen passes and draw plays with our current personnel....which might help when you are being blitzed as much as they were today.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

276 yards 1 TD 1 int and over 60% completion. PR.

You are blinded by hate. Henning blew this game, and Carpenter.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:16 pm

we all know about the play calling but I am sorry , Henne is very much responsible for what we are seeing this season.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Dan Henning play calling has left a lot to be desired. Yes, Chad Henne has regressed, but just like you state you can't put all the blame on the coaching staff, you can't put all of this on Henne shoulders either.

44-17 pass to run ratio against the worst rush defense in the league is just awful. It certainly not what I envisioned today in regards to the game plan.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:18 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfansc wrote:
Dan Henning play calling has left a lot to be desired. Yes, Chad Henne has regressed, but just like you state you can't put all the blame on the coaching staff, you can't put all of this on Henne shoulders either.

44-17 pass to run ratio against the worst rush defense in the league is just awful. It certainly not what I envisioned today in regards to the game plan.

Sad thing is that Henne was on FIRE and then that idiot calls a wildcat on 2nd and long and it gets NOTHING. He has to go now. I am sick of that old man.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:21 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

anyone wants to blame henne for this is just comical at this point...last week people were saying he just trows the ball into coverage, this week its he checks down to much....we were down 10 in the 4th quarter...not the other 3... and you run to set up the pass.. on our last td drive, the pass to fasano worked cause it was a play action following a 5 yard run....again running sets the tone and imposes your will on teams...Henning quits way to early on the run...and throws in the wildcat at the worst possible time...sorry..i think henne's development is being slowing by our OC..

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah...Captain check down was on fire today. Nary a pass completed over 10 yards most of the day....So what? His stupid INT led to a TD for the Bills as well.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:23 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

dolphan74 wrote:
anyone wants to blame henne for this is just comical at this point...last week people were saying he just trows the ball into coverage, this week its he checks down to much....we were down 10 in the 4th quarter...not the other 3... and you run to set up the pass.. on our last td drive, the pass to fasano worked cause it was a play action following a 5 yard run....again running sets the tone and imposes your will on teams...Henning quits way to early on the run...and throws in the wildcat at the worst possible time...sorry..i think henne's development is being slowing by our OC..

you are making too much sense, that will confuse this group. Stop that!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Henne was 33 -45...thats about 73 completion percentage...really... yep its his fault :hithead: :hithead:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

dolphan74 wrote:
Henne was 33 -45...thats about 73 completion percentage...really... yep its his fault :hithead: :hithead:

Stop using logic, you will confuse the haters!!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 pm

dolphinjim wrote:

Stats are sometimes mis-leading. Most of those passes were short passes against a pathetic Defense.

He threw another stupid INT, ran the worst 2 minute offense I have ever seen, and Miami brings out the WildCat in the Redzone....shows they have great confidence in the guy!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phins Rock wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Stats are sometimes mis-leading. Most of those passes were short passes against a pathetic Defense.

He threw another stupid INT, ran the worst 2 minute offense I have ever seen, and Miami brings out the WildCat in the Redzone....shows they have great confidence in the guy!

Spin away, doctor. :)

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:39 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I could have a 75% completion rating too.. throwing 3 and 4 yard dump offs. Henne stinks. And I'm not sorry for saying it. He is so sporadic. But, even when he looks good. He still makes dumb decisions. He is NOT the QB of the future. He has the intangibles.. except for the fact that he is DUMB.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

hypocritex wrote:
I could have a 75% completion rating too.. throwing 3 and 4 yard dump offs. Henne stinks. And I'm not sorry for saying it. He is so sporadic. But, even when he looks good. He still makes dumb decisions. He is NOT the QB of the future. He has the intangibles.. except for the fact that he is DUMB.

Yes.

Except he doesn't have any intangibles at all....

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

There was a play where Curtis ran deep and Marshall ran a slant. It should have been opposite. The coaches aren't helping Henne's development.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
There was a play where Curtis ran deep and Marshall ran a slant. It should have been opposite. The coaches aren't helping Henne's development.

+10

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Makchell wrote:

Why? Curtis is the one with the speed, and Marshall the size.

I don't understand why the announcers were criticizing that.

Plus, Curtis was signed just this week. Probably only a couple different routes they are having him run.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'll tell you what Henne is....he is worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick :) :) :)

Yep....Fitzpatrick made some big time throws today. Henne's highlights were short throws....and they were offset by his lowlights.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Yeah...let's put all the blame on the coaches.....It's not the guy who throws 2 check downs with 0 time outs and 41 seconds left at his own 20. Not the guy who stares down WR's, and then if they're not there panics and doesn't know what to do. Not the guy who calls a TO when you're trying to hurry up to the line to avoid a challenge. Not the guy who has zero short throw accuracy. Not the guy who for the 3rd straight week has been unable to get to the 15 point park. Not that guy....it's all Dan Henning....

Don't forget another pick....Great post

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphinjim wrote:
Makchell wrote:

+10

There was a play when Curtis was open for a td and Horrble Henne missed him..

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Is that the play where Marshall came up gimpy after the catch? Curtis did seem to have step streaking down the middle of the field and the announcers noticed that he had that step....the pass to Marshall was the safe one though....and you know what that means.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I'll tell you what Henne is....he is worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick :) :) :)

Yep....Fitzpatrick made some big time throws today. Henne's highlights were short throws....and they were offset by his lowlights.

He made RISKY throws in to tight coverage that happened to work out. That is not the same as big time throws.

Fitz played recklessly and got away with it. Me thinks that when given an opportinity to play for longer than 1/2 a season, people will see that he is not that good.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Fitz was inspiring today. His team rallied around him and played well. Henne was anything but inspiring. The players were walking to the huddle in the two minute drill....they were beaten.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Fitz was inspiring today. His team rallied around him and played well. Henne was anything but inspiring. The players were walking to the huddle in the two minute drill....they were beaten.

Leadership...........

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Curtis did seem to have step streaking down the middle of the field and the announcers noticed that he had that step....the pass to Marshall was the safe one though....and you know what that means.

that's Miami's season in a nutshell ... play safe ... play not to lose ... we really lack that killer instinct !
plus our lack of intensity in some of these last handfull of games, where the season is on the line, is just inexplicable
and as for our 2010 motto "Feed the Wolf" pleeeeeze u gotta find the wolf 1st before you can feed it

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex
Phinfever Veteran

I tend to agree with most of this post and although Carpenter had a tough day today, Henne still lacks the big plays when the game is on the line and we had to have it. Im sorry, but I will go out on a limb to say the percentages are pretty low that he is the Miami Dolphins starting QB next year. I tend to agree that his field awareness is shaky at best. Even the pick that was tipped off the pass rush, he had no business trying to squeeze the ball into that spot . Henne just doesnt play a smart football game.

I couldn't give a crap if I am considered a "Henne Hater" as I am just pointing out the facts. He has confidence issues and continues to miss deep timing passes, plays scared and checks down way too much. Even though Fitzpatrick threw some risky passes, he was aggressive. I wish Henne would take those kind of chances more often.

I am looking forward to the off season and who Miami trades for as well as drafting another QB to come in and compete for the starting job next year.

Whether the Henne detractors are right or wrong, no one can argue that competition at the QB position is necessary this off season.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If Henne were on a team with no problems...you know, great running game, solid blocking, quality receivers, good coaching, great all around team.....if he were on that team, he might shine. Kind of like Terry Bradshaw. The problem is, he lacks confidence and numerous other abilities, and he can't shoulder the load and carry his team to victory. The Dolphins need that kind of QB....and they are pretty rare. I think Orton could be that guy, if we can get him. I would still be looking to draft a QB though as well....

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
If Henne were on a team with no problems...you know, great running game, solid blocking, quality receivers, good coaching, great all around team.....if he were on that team, he might shine. Kind of like Terry Bradshaw. The problem is, he lacks confidence and numerous other abilities, and he can't shoulder the load and carry his team to victory. The Dolphins need that kind of QB....and they are pretty rare. I think Orton could be that guy, if we can get him. I would still be looking to draft a QB though as well....

I'm never going to hold my breath hoping for the picture perfect offense just so Henne can be serviceable.

Regardless of the play-calling and everything else going on, there have been plays on the field that Henne is simply not making.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh, I agree with you Rock....my post was more a statement against Henne than for him.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Oh, I agree with you Rock....my post was more a statement against Henne than for him.

Ya I gotcha ... I was just adding to it ....

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:15 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

i am not sold by any means that henne is our qb for the future, but today , watching the game, I don't see how anyone can place the blame for this loss on him. And as I previously posted Orton has a rating of 47.4 in the 4th quarter when the Bronco's are trailing by 1-7 points....he gets much of his numbers when they are getting blown out, when the game is on the line he sucks!!....BTW Pennington was a dink and dumper, and people here loved him...Henne looks scared to make a risky down field throw..I think he has taken on henning and penningtons personna...if henning stays henne is done for sure...

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:19 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

dolphan74 wrote:
i am not sold by any means that henne is our qb for the future, but today , watching the game, I don't see how anyone can place the blame for this loss on him. And as I previously posted Orton has a rating of 47.4 in the 4th quarter when the Bronco's are trailing by 1-7 points....he gets much of his numbers when they are getting blown out, when the game is on the line he sucks!!....BTW Pennington was a dink and dumper, and people here loved him...Henne looks scared to make a risky down field throw..I think he has taken on henning and penningtons personna...if henning stays henne is done for sure...

you would be AMAZED at how they can pull of blaming Henne. I mean Phins Rock actually said that his 86.9 QB rating was BELOW the 92.1 rating the Bills allow this year. It was incredible.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne isn't the only problem, that is for sure. However, he is one of the problems for this team. I am not going to bother to list all the issues again, those of us in the dump Henne....or look for other QB options...camp know them well.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphan74 wrote:

How can we place blame? Simple:

- Stared down receivers
- Constantly checked down
- Left big plays on the field
- Horrible pocket presence
- Complete lack of in-game situational knowledge

Look, the O-line is not stellar and the run game leaves a lot to be desired, but to watch Henne crumble is not impressive. There's no way you can look back at this season and think there wasn't opportunity on offense, because there was. We just don't have an offense headed by a guy who can overcome and make those plays.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Guys lets all remember this is an OPINION forum and why folks take "general" opinion comments so personally and go on and on and on is beyond me.

We are all frustrated and we are all Miami Dolphin football fans, who want our team to win. For better or worse the Head Coach and the QB will always be under extra scrutiny and that wont change in the game of football.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:30 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I agree that Henne's play has been one of the problems this year. I certainly expected more from him this year...However I also think the O line play has been as big, if not a bigger problem, as has the horrendous play calling. We have had spotty play at the WR, drops, penalties etc...and terribly uninspired play from our RB's....I mean if you want the QB to step up and make a play , the same needs to be said for the Rb position...

The play calling is the easiest to fix...fire Henning, I think all here will agree that would be a step in the right direction. And although not a big fan of Carey, our tackle situation is good, its really the interior of the line, especially center and right guard that need serious upgrading!!!..Again Mankins would really help..not sure who out there as a center as a FA...but much easier to fix then...

QB...tough one there...is this a sophomore slump for Henne, who at times has shown flashes of being really good... but those flashes have been far fewer this year then last, so what to make of the regression. Agreed his is not in an optimal situation, as flacco or ryan are...but assuming he is to fight for his starting job next year.....all FA are uninspiring at best....and with where we will pick, not sure a can't miss qb will be there...but a much better chance that a can't miss O Lineman or Rb will be there....its very frustrating because the qb position is so important and there is no easy fix.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphan74 wrote:
Henning, not Henne is the problem... the worst run defense in the league...and 17 runs....and that stupid wildcat ...wtf....we really have zero identity on offense......this was painful to watch

The Bills coming into this Wks game were the only team in the NFL to have given up over 2000 Yds rushing @ at a clip of 165 YPG. Their ranks was No. 32 in the NFL. Worst for those not keeping score.

Miami runs 19 rushing plays & avg. 3.4 YPC for a grand total of 65 Yds. when Buffalo had been giving up an Avg. of 4.7.

Sure Henne has his issues. He is not where he needs to be in order to be a solid starting QB in the NFL, but his job would be much easier if Miami would, could run the ball.

Miami fans want to know what is wrong with Miami. Look no further than that stat.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Miami fans want to know what is wrong with Miami. Look no further than that stat.

Oversimplified.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next