View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Time to go to Thigpen 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Time to go to Thigpen
dolphinjim wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
just curious. He called me old, so I figure he is a kid.

Where did we call you old?

not you, swerve earlier.

typo. Meant "he"

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:43 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
He looked poised and in control till Henning called that IDIOTIC wildcat and KILLED the drive

Bingo. He was 11-12 and then you pull him out for the wildcat. Coaching, not Henne.

+7

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
[quote="dolphinjim"

That and the 1-12 career record is enough for me. he sucks.

Well that is certainly not what you posted. However then are you saying you think it is ok to judge a Qb off of one game and the W/L record in another 13 games?

Are you saying it is ok to judge Thigpen off of less information then there is to judge Henne?[/quote]

Thigpen has been around the league long enough to show me he is nothing special and has NO upside.[/quote]

Based on what? What has he shown you? Is it just W/L record? Is it TD to int numbers, Is it pass completion? QB rating? Is it his ability to scramble?

So are you saying that it ok to judge Thigpen off of less information than Henne?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

dolphinjim wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I want to see what we have in Thigpen. Henne completes lots of passes.....lots of short passes.....lots of check downs. Maybe Thigpen can complete some long balls?? Might as well see what we have here. Also, his mobility might help. Henne just stands in the pocket like a statue and takes too many sacks.

We saw what he had on the Thursday night game, and it wasn't much.

dude! seriously? why do you send me hate emails any time I disagree with you about something?
Stop PMing me man!
You need some serious anger management therapy, It's just an internet fan forum. Get a grip and grow up!! People, this guy obviously has not learned his lesson.

Last edited by swerve13 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
So are you saying that it ok to judge Thigpen off of less information than Henne?

Ok, I have to admit, that is actually a fair argument. Still, I think he has shown less and has less fundamental tools than Henne. But I have to hand it to you, he has had less time to show his ability in this offense.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
You need some serious anger management therapy, It's just an internet fan forum. Get a grip and grow up!! People, this got obviously has not learned his lesson.

I agree, he is acting very childish. His apology obviously meant nothing.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Where did we call you old?[/quote]

not you, swerve earlier.[/quote]

typo. Meant "he"[/quote]

when did I call you old?
I'm an adult.
I don't hurl insults on fan forums.
It's called maturity. You should try it sometime.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Ok, I have to admit, that is actually a fair argument. Still, I think he has shown less and has less fundamental tools than Henne. But I have to hand it to you, he has had less time to show his ability in this offense.

That he has shown less is self-evident, as you pointed out he has not had a chance to show it especially as you put it, in this offense.

What less fundamental tools does he have then Henne that you can tell from limited outings? Are you basing it off of just that one game? If other games what exactly are you refering too?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Phin wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
there's just nothing special about Chad Henne. Not even worth argueing over.

aren't you like 15 or something?

Can you stop this crap please? Seriously, its not an occasional thing with you, it's constant. I really am wondering how your not already banned form this site. Your immature posts and name calling have gotten beyond old.

Makchell already let you off the hook Jim and you're going back on your word in your BS apology to the board.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Phin wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
When you are mod you can do something about it. Till then... :cry:

Im starting the countdown clock now.

If this guy is not banned by tuesday I'm done with this site.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:

What less fundamental tools does he have then Henne that you can tell from limited outings? Are you basing it off of just that one game? If other games what exactly are you refering too?

Henne shows more poise in the pocket, has a better arm, is more patient, has better leadership skills, has ice water for blood, ect.. That is not a comprehensive list by any means, but the point Im making is that Henne has better building blocks than Thigpen. The one thing Thigpen has over Henne is his physical abilities. IMO

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
I know your frustrated and mad, but your argument lacks logic.

This happens often. He argues from the gut and not from a place that weights facts and evidence.

For a change, today the rest of the team let Henne down. 3.4 YPC. 0/4 FGs. Poor tackling. Henne played well enough to win. There were at least 9 points left on the board from missed Carpenter kicks.

His arguments are not arguments at all.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

AQNOR wrote:
Phin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

That he has shown less is self-evident, as you pointed out he has not had a chance to show it especially as you put it, in this offense.

Thigpen is gutsy, athletic and creative. He may not have the arm strength or size that Henne has, but I think he has some of that IT factor that Henne lacks.

He didn't get a fair shake against Chicago. I'd like to see what he can do with more time to prepare.

Either way, neither of them are the future and Miami needs to consider ALL options this March; McNabb, Orton, Palmer, and the draft. No possibilities should be dis-counted.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:01 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phin wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
You need some serious anger management therapy, It's just an internet fan forum. Get a grip and grow up!! People, this got obviously has not learned his lesson.

I agree, he is acting very childish. His apology obviously meant nothing.

I am not angry, I asked how old he was. I thought he had said he was a teenager a couple of weeks ago. He needs to grow up a lot. All the message said was "how old are you" hardly an attack. I did not think that question would make him :cry:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I will give you 6 points left on the board....for the 48 yarders Carpenter missed.....but how about the 7 points the Bills got off a Henne INT???

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Stay on topic guys...stop PMing each other. It's a fan board. Thank you.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:04 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'm not sure I want Thigpen out there... but then again I'm not sure I want Henne out there either. Seems to me that neither of these guys is anything more than a backup in this league.

Guess we have to start the search again.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Either way, neither of them are the future and Miami needs to consider ALL options this March; McNabb, Orton, Palmer, and the draft. No possibilities should be dis-counted.

Couldn't agree more.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What about Fitzpatrick?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Ick McNabb and Palmer?? Sadly I think I'd rather have Orton out of the 3.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I will give you 6 points left on the board....for the 48 yarders Carpenter missed.....but how about the 7 points the Bills got off a Henne INT???

You mean the INT that came off of a deflection because the OLine couldn't hold back a pee-wee league rush today?

THE PASS WAS INTERRUPTED AS HE WAS THROWING IT.

I won't argue that the decision to throw there was a great one, but the deflection insured a pick. It was floating through the air end-over-end. Let's not act like he just gave it away.

Sometime fans only see what they want to see, and "conveniently" ignore what actually happened.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

eleaf wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

You mean the INT that came off of a deflection because the OLine couldn't hold back a pee-wee league rush today?

I won't argue that the decision to throw there was a great one, but the deflection insured a pick. It was floating through the air end-over-end. Let's not act like he just gave it away.

Sometime fans only see what they want to see, and "conveniently" ignore what actually happened.

happens on this board 300 times per week!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
What about Fitzpatrick?

Nah. He was lucky today. He threw WAY too many passes in to blanket coverage and happened to end up on the lucky side of things. The 1st TD pass was in to triple coverage. Multiple completions despite good coverage (and bad ball skills from our DBs).

He has guts, but methinks he's moe a liability than anything else in the long run.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Ick McNabb and Palmer?? Sadly I think I'd rather have Orton out of the 3.

Palmer is washed up and McNabb is a career west coast offense guy. Palmer is used goods, McNabb is a terible fit for the kind of team we have.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bad decision on Henne's part, tip or no tip.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:15 pm

eleaf wrote:
Makchell wrote:
What about Fitzpatrick?

Nah. He was lucky today. He threw WAY too many passes in to blanket coverage and happened to end up on the lucky side of things. The 1st TD pass was in to triple coverage. Multiple completions despite good coverage (and bad ball skills from our DBs).

He has guts, but methinks he's moe a liability than anything else in the long run.

So Henne is alright, bit Fitzpatrick, who is playing with NOTHING, is not?

Alright....

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Even with a slight deflection, that pass was to a receiver who was covered with help over the top. It was a stupid decision and would probably have been picked off easier without the deflection.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Makchell wrote:
What about Fitzpatrick?

He makes some nice throws. Can make plays with his feet too.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:20 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Alright....

FitzPatrick is an option for competition as is Palmer, Mcnabb, Orton, and Alex Smith. I think we need a vet for competitoin and we need to draft a QB this year. See what happens, that's all. I do think it would be dumb to hand the job to Henne next year though. We might be 8-8 again. w,l,w,l,w.....no consistancy.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Makchell wrote:
What about Fitzpatrick?

Alright....

Fitzpatrick put points on the board.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:22 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:

when is it ever going to fall on Henne for some of you guys? The Trifecta rolled the dice on him 3 years ago, benched him during the season and now after 14 games the Dolphins roll craps. Ross please dismantle the coaching staff but keep Nolan!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Makchell wrote:

Alright....

FitzPatrick is an option for competition as is Palmer, Mcnabb, Orton, and Alex Smith. I think we need a vet for competitoin and we need to draft a QB this year. See what happens, that's all. I do think it would be dumb to hand the job to Henne next year though. We might be 8-8 again. w,l,w,l,w.....no consistancy.

No way Fitz is available. Whether Buffalo drafts a QB top 5 or not, he is going to be the starter there for a couple of years as a stop gap.

I agree though. No way should Henne be named the starter going into the Off season. I think Miami needs to re-sign Thigpen, bring in a veteran and draft a QB and have a full out competition.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MdDolfan wrote:
Makchell wrote:

when is it ever going to fall on Henne for some of you guys? The Trifecta rolled the dice on him 3 years ago, benched him during the season and now after 14 games the Dolphins roll craps. Ross please dismantle the coaching staff but keep Nolan!

When Henne throws for 276 yards, 1 td, 1 int, 70% completion and an 86.9 rating, he did HIS job today. Period.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
No legitimate reason to give Henne a shot at the final 2 games. None.

His decision making is beyond horrible. He has no command of a 2 minute offense. Just awful......

Time to bring in Thigpen.

What do you mean he has no command? When Miami takes the handcuffs off he drove Miami down for a TD. Then they get the ball back & he drives them to the 30, had a hot hand. It was 2nd & 10 & Henning calls the WC, which went no where & put Henne in a 3rd & 10. Then you get pissed because he cannot come in & bail them out??

Henne played a fine game today.. Still needs improvement but his play today was solid.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Why not Thigpen?? Is he any worse than Henne??? Henne can't run a 2 minute drill. Holds the ball when blitzed, he even ran towards the rusher on one play this week. He threw another stupid interception and the offense only converted one 3rd down till their 4th quarter scoring drive.

Did the defender not hit the ball from behind him right when he was throwing?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah Jim, ignore that INT that set up a Bills TD again why don't ya'? It was more than a stat line.

The guy completed a slew of short passes, whooppeee-do. He is the leader of the offense and the offense stinks, week in and week out. He is not accurate. He holds the ball too long. He is a statue in the pocket and the Bills used the blitz today to illustrate that fact. He leaves big plays on the field. He can't run a two minute drill to save his life. His "inspired" teammates show you how they feel by walking back to the huddle.

And...no, Henne didn't get hit....I think the ball might have been grazed on the INT, but it didn't matter....the defender was in the position to catch the ball and had solid coverage....not the receiver. Stupid throw. Henne never seems to stay alive in the pocket, does he?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Why not Thigpen?? Is he any worse than Henne??? Henne can't run a 2 minute drill. Holds the ball when blitzed, he even ran towards the rusher on one play this week. He threw another stupid interception and the offense only converted one 3rd down till their 4th quarter scoring drive.

Did the defender not hit the ball from behind him right when he was throwing?

He barely grazed him and that pass should've never been thrown. He was staring down his receiver yet again and forcing the ball into tight coverage.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He looked poised and in control till Henning called that IDIOTIC wildcat and KILLED the drive

Bingo. He was 11-12 and then you pull him out for the wildcat. Coaching, not Henne.

Okay, excellent point about the wildcat call being at a bad time, I totally agree, but I will play Devils advocate here and ask, did Henne do anything on that first and especially on that critical 3 and 9 with just over two minutes left with the game ON THE LINE? Im sorry but I am not coddling him when our slim playoff hopes were on the line and doesnt keep the drive going and help score the winning TD. Yeah, Carpenter missed a 48 yarder into the wind. Unfortunately, it wasnt his day, but Henne did not do enough at QB to win this game either and when it really mattered.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:02 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
No legitimate reason to give Henne a shot at the final 2 games. None.

His decision making is beyond horrible. He has no command of a 2 minute offense. Just awful......

Time to bring in Thigpen.

What do you mean he has no command? When Miami takes the handcuffs off he drove Miami down for a TD. Then they get the ball back & he drives them to the 30, had a hot hand. It was 2nd & 10 & Henning calls the WC, which went no where & put Henne in a 3rd & 10. Then you get pissed because he cannot come in & bail them out??

Henne played a fine game today.. Still needs improvement but his play today was solid.

+15

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

When Miami takes the handcuffs off he drove Miami down for a TD. Then they get the ball back & he drives them to the 30, had a hot hand. It was 2nd & 10 & Henning calls the WC, which went no where & put Henne in a 3rd & 10. Then you get pissed because he cannot come in & bail them out??

I was so pissed at that decision. Henne was 11-12 before that and they pull him out for the freaking WC. Wow.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next