View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 o line 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post o line
Our Oline is terrible. We can't run block. We can't pass block.

RBs getting slaughtered against worst run D in league. Henne with no time leading to 2 sacks (so far) and a blocked pass which resulted in INT.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: o line
I know Jake Grove and Donald Thomas were injury prone, but Miami did not have big money invested in Thomas. Grove fit the power player they wanted at OC.

No Vernon Carey at ORT has to hurt also and you have got guys playing hurt like Jake Long. It all adds up to an OL that is not very good right now.

Looks like they finally got some push going in the run game to get this to 10-7.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: o line
You're seriously going to blame the INT on it getting tipped??? C'mon man...

That was one of the worst INT's I've ever seen. Absolutely pathetic.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6631
Post Re: o line
You're seriously going to blame the INT on it getting tipped??? C'mon man

No way, that's on Henne. Cobbs was blanketed. Horrible decision by Henne. Funny, we are in the redzone and they pull Henne for the wildcat. Are they scared Henne will turn theballover? I've never seen Brady or Manning pulled for a gimmick.....


Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: o line
Henne is horrible....


Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: o line
Makchell wrote:
You're seriously going to blame the INT on it getting tipped??? C'mon man

No way, that's on Henne. Cobbs was blanketed. Horrible decision by Henne. Funny, we are in the redzone and they pull Henne for the wildcat. Are they scared Henne will turn theballover? I've never seen Brady or Manning pulled for a gimmick.....


At least it worked.

Not sure what happened to Henne, but he doesn't make that pass that season, or even earlier this season. His regression has been unbelievable. I'm completely done with him.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: o line
Phins Rock wrote:
You're seriously going to blame the INT on it getting tipped??? C'mon man...

That was one of the worst INT's I've ever seen. Absolutely pathetic.


Yeah the ball being tipped and floating end-over-end has nothing to do with the pass being picked. What was I thinking?

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: o line
eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
You're seriously going to blame the INT on it getting tipped??? C'mon man...

That was one of the worst INT's I've ever seen. Absolutely pathetic.


Yeah the ball being tipped and floating end-over-end has nothing to do with the pass being picked. What was I thinking?


It hardly (if it even did) change trajectory. He stared down his first read who wasn't even CLOSE to being open. And on 3rd and 16!?!?!? Pathetic.....Absolutely pathetic.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: o line
that last pass that was batted down, the defender already had his hands up and Henne threw it right into them :) :hithead: :hithead:


Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: o line
Phins Rock wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
You're seriously going to blame the INT on it getting tipped??? C'mon man...

That was one of the worst INT's I've ever seen. Absolutely pathetic.


Yeah the ball being tipped and floating end-over-end has nothing to do with the pass being picked. What was I thinking?


It hardly (if it even did) change trajectory. He stared down his first read who wasn't even CLOSE to being open. And on 3rd and 16!?!?!? Pathetic.....Absolutely pathetic.


No velocity and floating has no part in equation?

Cobbs was blanketed, no question, but STOP acting like a pass being tipped from behind as he releases it while it floats has nothing to do with a pass being picked.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: o line
It doesn't matter. It was a horrible decision and displays exactly what I've been talking about. Doesn't go to his 2nd and 3rd reads and panics under pressure.

Even his completions are to guys who are wide open.....I haven't seen him throw into a tight window and complete a pass, or throw a WR open in a while....


Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: o line
Phins Rock wrote:
It doesn't matter. It was a horrible decision and displays exactly what I've been talking about. Doesn't go to his 2nd and 3rd reads and panics under pressure.

Even his completions are to guys who are wide open.....I haven't seen him throw into a tight window and complete a pass, or throw a WR open in a while....


Yeah! Basic physics of the ball "doesn't matter"! And again, Cobbs wasn't first read. He was outlet read.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finster, Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.