View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Early Mock Drafts 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Early Mock Drafts
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Im partial to a big BLOCKER

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:04 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Early Mock Drafts
Ryan Broyles??? Really???

I'm an advocate of going after Logan Mankins in the Off Season. If we are unable to get him, I wouldn't mind going O-line in round 1.

Thoughts on Marcus Cannon, ggippo? Seems better suited to play RG, but I've seen him plenty of LG for TCU. He's huge at close to 4 bills, but does he really have the power most assume he has?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've seen a lot of Mocks with us taking Ingram. I don't see it though, you can get quality backs in the later rounds now days. I'd like an offensive lineman, quarterback, wide receiver, or a tight end if there were one rated high enough.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phin wrote:
I've seen a lot of Mocks with us taking Ingram. I don't see it though, you can get quality backs in the later rounds now days. I'd like an offensive lineman, quarterback, wide receiver, or a tight end if there were one rated high enough.

Agree on the RB situation. A nice RT prospect that would allow Carey to maybe move inside would be great.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Phin wrote:

Agree on the RB situation. A nice RT prospect that would allow Carey to maybe move inside would be great.

Nah. Carey can't run in order to pull effectively, so it would be a net wash to move him inside rather than finding a true G with a bit of athleticism that can pull and open up some more running lanes. Carey is a straight ahead kind of guy.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phin wrote:

Phin, there is a proven deep threat at WR that I hope Miami takes a look at in free agency. Miami has been smart in targeting a select few. Sidney Rice had a 1400 plus yard season last year in his 1st season with Brett Farve. He had hip surgery and missed a good portion of the season, but he looks healthy coming off the surgery. Sidney is only 24 years old, so he certainly fits the mode of a young player who has not reached his prime and has great size at 6'4, 204 lbs.

He certainly a player on the rise, but he has had only one big year, in part due to having played with Taveres Jackson at QB. He would garner a nice contract, but nothing close to what Brandon Marshall is getting.

His career numbers are 129 catches, 1,849 yards and 16 TD. Most of that came in the 2009 season when he posted 83 catches for 1,312 yards and 8 TD and made the Pro Bowl.

I got to see Sidney play a good bit as he went to South Carolina, and he was a big play WR for Steve Spurrier.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:47 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Mark Ingrum...I don't care what anyone says about getting RB's later in the draft, this guy is going to be a stud.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I don't think it's necessary to take another lineman high in this draft.
I believe we already have the guys to be a very good offensive line in 2011.
Yes, they had a down year in some aspects, but garner will be back next year.
We could use a young stud center to groom, but that can be gotten in the 4th round.
Between, Jake Long, Nate Garner, Joe Berger, John Jerry, Vern Carey, Pat McQuistan and Richie the lunatic we can field 5 quality starters.
maybe sign another solid guard or tackle for competition and depth.

I think there are a good 20 teams that would trade their line for ours in a heartbeat.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
Phin wrote:

Phin, there is a proven deep threat at WR that I hope Miami takes a look at in free agency. Miami has been smart in targeting a select few. Sidney Rice had a 1400 plus yard season last year in his 1st season with Brett Farve. He had hip surgery and missed a good portion of the season, but he looks healthy coming off the surgery. Sidney is only 24 years old, so he certainly fits the mode of a young player who has not reached his prime and has great size at 6'4, 204 lbs.

He certainly a player on the rise, but he has had only one big year, in part due to having played with Taveres Jackson at QB. He would garner a nice contract, but nothing close to what Brandon Marshall is getting.

His career numbers are 129 catches, 1,849 yards and 16 TD. Most of that came in the 2009 season when he posted 83 catches for 1,312 yards and 8 TD and made the Pro Bowl.

I got to see Sidney play a good bit as he went to South Carolina, and he was a big play WR for Steve Spurrier.

Rice would make a fantastic addition to this team, but I believe the Vikes will wrap him up long term.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think that we should go Baldwin in the first. I mean just look at how many times he has had to bailout his quarterback and overcome terrible coaching and game planning. Baldwin is also only the 4th receiver that played under Wannstedt to have an 1000+ yard season (college and pro) and the only great receiver to win anything special while playing under him. Watch this video just to see how many times he has to bail his quarterback out. http://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/ ... nv&newfp=1

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:09 am

I'd be happy with a draft that looks something like this:

1. RB-Mark Ingram-Alabama
2. no pick
3. QB-Pat Devlin-Delaware
4. C-Alex Linnenkohl-Oregon St.
5. TE-Cameron Graham-Louisville
6. OT-Jason Pinkston-Pitt
7. PR/KR-Phillip Livas-La. Tech

also maybe a corner and inside linebacker

Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:21 am

Round 1: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Mizzou
Round 3: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
Round 4: Stephen Skelton, TE, Fordham
Round 5: James Rodgers, WR/KR/PR, OK St.
Round 6: Thomas Claiborne, OG, Boston College

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Something tells me that if Sparland are still here, we will have more than 5 draft picks. I'd look for them to grab another 2nd rounder; possibly a player trade or by trading down again in the first.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

rhoads30 wrote:
Mark Ingrum...I don't care what anyone says about getting RB's later in the draft, this guy is going to be a stud.

What he said.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rhoads30 wrote:

#looks like WALTER FOOTBALL agrees with you

# Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
There's a good chance Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams will no longer be Miami Dolphins when the 2011 NFL Draft rolls around; both are free agents after this season. Neither is playing particularly well anyway.

Mark Ingram, one of the top players available, would be an enormous upgrade in Miami's backfield.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This team is in desperate need of a game breaker at running back. I also think we need a QB. If there is no way to get Luck, then I think our first pick has to go to get us the highest rated running back prospect. This team has to stop trading down for extra picks and start getting top rated players at offensive skill positions. The offensive line will be fine once injured players return, and perhaps with a move in free agency. The defense seems solid, another pass rusher would be nice, but our offense is dreadful at the moment and that is where the talent infusion is needed.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Phin wrote:
Something tells me that if Sparland are still here, we will have more than 5 draft picks. I'd look for them to grab another 2nd rounder; possibly a player trade or by trading down again in the first.

I'm all for trading down again in round 1

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Unless there is somebody we really want at the bottom of rd. 1 or top of rd 2., no more trading down. This team needs quality not quantity.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:15 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Unless there is somebody we really want at the bottom of rd. 1 or top of rd 2., no more trading down. This team needs quality not quantity.

but we also need a developmental QB prospect somewhere in the late first, early 2nd round range
(guys like Nick Foles, Pat Devlin, Nathan Enderle, Christian Ponder)

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If the same management/decision making team is in place, you can almost bet we will wheel and deal and trade down. Then we will draft a slew of offensive linemen, defensive linemen and linebackers. They will all be team captains in college, lunch pail guys.....then we will bring in some aging running back and QB castaways from other NFL teams and cobble together an offense. If they draft a running back or QB, those will come in later rounds and certainly none before the 3rd round. Meanwhile, the teams in our own division will bring in top-rated offensive talent through the draft and free agency.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
If the same management/decision making team is in place, you can almost bet we will wheel and deal and trade down. Then we will draft a slew of offensive linemen, defensive linemen and linebackers. They will all be team captains in college, lunch pail guys.....then we will bring in some aging running back and QB castaways from other NFL teams and cobble together an offense. If they draft a running back or QB, those will come in later rounds and certainly none before the 3rd round. Meanwhile, the teams in our own division will bring in top-rated offensive talent through the draft and free agency.

Yea, I think that pretty much sums it up. :yay:
:)

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Miami NEEDED to draft defense last year, as they were one of the worst defensive teams in football last year.

This year we can all see that the offense has taken a huge step back, from the OL to the play at QB to the need to address the running back position. This regime did step up and bring Brandon Marshall in, and he leads what is now a solid WR corp that perhaps could look to add a pure speed guy to stretch the field.

If we as fan see the needs, I think we should give Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano enough credit for seeing those needs as well. They have done some good things in regards to upgrading the talent.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:57 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

SC...last year was the worst Dolphin D in our history....the improvement in one year has been amazing!!!..We have an owner who has shown the willingness to spend whatever is needed so I think our O will be THE PRIORITY this off season..Rice would be sick with Marshall though!!!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]