View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Coordinator Thursday: Henning throws Henne under the bus 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Coordinator Thursday: Henning throws Henne under the bus
I would like to throw them both under a bus..

Literally....

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Also, 34 passes for just 182 yards and no TD's against Buffalo when your D and run game are on fire would qualify as winning despite him.

I spy someone clutching at straws.

Yeah that dropped deep pass to Marshall sort of hurt and really would have altered those numbers. Wind knocked it down a bit but its better to just say it was a badly underthrown pass. But that is being apologetic so I shouldn't bring it up.

This conversation has become pointless. The story has to change every time factual evidence is brought up or a good argument counters an opposing opinion. It goes from they won despite him... but its proven he gets them in scoring range. Then it turns to all the FGs were deep bombs by Carpenter... But that is proven wrong. So then it shifts to he is not where he should be in year 3...but its shown that other QBs take time to develop. Now that argument can't be used because it can't be properly quantified or outside circumstances are now too relevant to bring into the equation. But circumstances can't be used in the equation of Henne's bad season.

I agree. Henne is not where I would like him to be but there are other issues influencing his play. I really believe with a new OC , beefed up O-line and even a new RB thrown in he can develop into a very good Qb. I think he has lost confidence and has become afraid to make mistakes. He just needs some confidence building. I think he will work on some things during the off season and come back strong next year. How he reacts to this season will tell me alot about him and his character.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:15 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

It takes 2 to tango. The play calling has not been great but to put this whole thing on Henning is wrong. Henning will be gone after this season , even if Sparano wants him back he will retire so he is past tense. Henne whether we like it or not will be here so lets focus on him.
Henne is an average QB. He has his moments of showing signs he could be more than that only to be extinguished by his play in the very next game. He is inconsistant. Nobody can argue if this team looks in another direction at the QB position. Henne has done nothing to sure up this job long term. And he was benched. I really dont read who writes the posts on this board , I just read them. So I could not tell you the Henne supporters & the ones who are not. I hope my view however doesnt classify me as a hater , a word that has no use on here by the way.
As a fan I am tired of being below average to average or mediocre. it is a QB driven league & if we have a average QB more than likely we will remain an average team. Shame on these regimes for not having our future QB already in place on this roster all these years after Marino.
I am tired being the best team in the league at the begining of training camp only to be hanging onto the playoffs by a strand in November. Not a homer , not a hater , just a realist.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
It takes 2 to tango. The play calling has not been great but to put this whole thing on Henning is wrong. Henning will be gone after this season , even if Sparano wants him back he will retire so he is past tense. Henne whether we like it or not will be here so lets focus on him.
Henne is an average QB. He has his moments of showing signs he could be more than that only to be extinguished by his play in the very next game. He is inconsistant. Nobody can argue if this team looks in another direction at the QB position. Henne has done nothing to sure up this job long term. And he was benched. I really dont read who writes the posts on this board , I just read them. So I could not tell you the Henne supporters & the ones who are not. I hope my view however doesnt classify me as a hater , a word that has no use on here by the way.
As a fan I am tired of being below average to average or mediocre. it is a QB driven league & if we have a average QB more than likely we will remain an average team. Shame on these regimes for not having our future QB already in place on this roster all these years after Marino.
I am tired being the best team in the league at the begining of training camp only to be hanging onto the playoffs by a strand in November. Not a homer , not a hater , just a realist.

Hard to argue with that

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
I would like to throw them both under a bus..

Literally....

Hahah this comment was hilarious.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne is not productive enough, except when it comes to INT's. He leads an offense that can't score points regularly, except off the foot of Dan Carpenter. Injuries and Henning have been a factor, but Henne has never thrown more TD's than INT's in a season and I bet it finishes off that way this year. Defense and the weather gave us a win against the Jets...if the Jets' receivers didn't drop easy passes then it would have been a loss for sure. Henne played horrible. The guy has huge problems with accuracy and misses open receivers routinely.

No need to argue though. Next season, I strongly suspect Henne will be benched for good and will either be a backup in Miami or be traded. He might even begin the season as the starter, but I bet that won't last. If he ends up turning it around and being a solid QB, then great, but I sincerely doubt that is going to happen.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Henne is not productive enough, except when it comes to INT's. He leads an offense that can't score points regularly, except off the foot of Dan Carpenter. Injuries and Henning have been a factor, but Henne has never thrown more TD's than INT's in a season and I bet it finishes off that way this year. Defense and the weather gave us a win against the Jets...if the Jets' receivers didn't drop easy passes then it would have been a loss for sure. Henne played horrible. The guy has huge problems with accuracy and misses open receivers routinely.

No need to argue though. Next season, I strongly suspect Henne will be benched for good and will either be a backup in Miami or be traded. He might even begin the season as the starter, but I bet that won't last. If he ends up turning it around and being a solid QB, then great, but I sincerely doubt that is going to happen.

I'll bet that not only does Henne start, but he plays the entire season as the starter short of injury.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

eleaf wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I'll bet that not only does Henne start, but he plays the entire season as the starter short of injury.

I will place the same bet. I think he will improve and whether we like it or not there will not be a better alternative. I have heard McNabb and Palmer mentioned as possibilities. Neither is better.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dolfanrar wrote:
eleaf wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I will place the same bet. I think he will improve and whether we like it or not there will not be a better alternative. I have heard McNabb and Palmer mentioned as possibilities. Neither is better.

At this point, both are WORSE and aren't legit competition for Henne.

McNabb is a career West Coast QB who looks absolutely TERRIBLE this year. I don't think he'd be a good fit for this team AT ALL.

Palmer clearly has some sort of issue. There is something wrong with his body and looks to be used goods.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2