View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Jets discover Coach Alosi instructed players to form a wall 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Jets discover Coach Alosi instructed players to form a wall
It looks like Zach was right. Since it was premeditated, this is just bad news.

Quote:
Jets suspended strength coach Sal Alosi indefinitely after discovering that he instructed players to form a wall along the sideline for special teams punt and kickoff coverage.

Originally announced as extending through the regular season and playoffs, Alosi's suspension has been adjusted following the discovery of new information. Jets players and Alosi essentially formed a "phalanx" down the sideline, and Alosi stuck his leg out to trip Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll in special teams coverage last week. Alosi now appears to be in significant danger of losing his job, on top of his previous ban and $25,000 fine.

http://www.rotoworld.com

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Jets discover Coach Alosi instructed players to form a wall
Well there is no way a classy guy like Rex Ryan ever knew something like this was going on....

I have an idea.. They should just accuse other teams of ding it to get the focus off the.... Oops, too late....

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

This is an overreaction by the Jets which smells of cover up or face saving. Alosi instructing people to form a wall on the sidelines is not illegal, which makes me question why the Jets are making a big deal of it. Might it be because they are trying to distance themselves from any further bad press? I think Alosi has become the Jets' scapegoat.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Since it is premeditated, it looks worst for Alosi.

I think Alosi would do better if the Jets let the NFL take care of it. They may be more compassionate.

The Jets have a right to fire him they choose to do so. I think a fine is going overboard.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wow... If I were an ambulance chasing lawyer i'd be all over this! Jets need to fire him quick.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As cocky and mouthy as I think Rex the Hut is, I don't see him as a cheater. I saw a program on NFL Network recently where a bunch of players and coaches from the Jets and their opponent were miced up and I saw a Rex Ryan that is a competitor and actually believes the crap he spews. I didn't see a cheater.

Best line from show . . .

As Rex was himming and hawing over a ticky tack penalty for a few seconds, he truns and says, "Oh . . . we're gonna kick the $hit out of these guys anyways . . ."

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

eleaf wrote:
As cocky and mouthy as I think Rex the Hut is, I don't see him as a cheater. I saw a program on NFL Network recently where a bunch of players and coaches from the Jets and their opponent were miced up and I saw a Rex Ryan that is a competitor and actually believes the crap he spews. I didn't see a cheater.

Best line from show . . .

As Rex was himming and hawing over a ticky tack penalty for a few seconds, he truns and says, "Oh . . . we're gonna kick the $hit out of these guys anyways . . ."

He makes the rivalry fun. The enjoyment level has increased in beating the Jets, and losing to them has never felt worst. I think he's good for the AFC East.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I wonder if the NFL/Jets will go back and look at ALL the Jets game's to see how long/how many games they have been doing this. If this is not the first game they did it then they will be in a whole lot more trouble then just this... Or rather they should be. :embarrassed:

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with this? IMO standing on the sidelines in any form is legal. Now going out of your way to trip a player is wrong. Standing in his path to prevent him from getting back in the field of play is not. If the NFL does not want people standing there, then get them off the sidelines.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:39 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with this? IMO standing on the sidelines in any form is legal. Now going out of your way to trip a player is wrong. Standing in his path to prevent him from getting back in the field of play is not. If the NFL does not want people standing there, then get them off the sidelines.

I agree

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

players can't stand in the coaches box..which is where the line was formed....they are supposed to be 3 feet farther back, so yes it is illegal!!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with Namath, I find it hard to believe that Rex Ryan didn't know about this. I think the Jets will fire this cheating clown before it comes out that Ryan is also behind this "wall". Rex Ryan is an arrogant piece of you know what and I just hope his team gets destroyed the rest of the season. I would love nothing more than to see the Jets finish behind us and miss the playoffs!
:jests:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:54 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
This is an overreaction by the Jets which smells of cover up or face saving. Alosi instructing people to form a wall on the sidelines is not illegal, which makes me question why the Jets are making a big deal of it. Might it be because they are trying to distance themselves from any further bad press? I think Alosi has become the Jets' scapegoat.

:yay: I agree. He is taking one for the team. He would have been fired immediately if he wasn't.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]