View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
 How many INT's have our DB's dropped? 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post How many INT's have our DB's dropped?

18!

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... ent-401607

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: How many INT's have our DB's dropped?
Sean Smith has to be the one that I am most disappointed in as far as dropped INT are concerned. This is a former WR that supposedly has good ball skills, but he certainly has not shown it.

Nolan Carroll dropped pick 6 against Cleveland along with Sean opportunity against the Ravens are the ones that stand out the most to me.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

i lost track around 1 billion

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
Sean Smith has to be the one that I am most disappointed in as far as dropped INT are concerned. This is a former WR that supposedly has good ball skills, but he certainly has not shown it.

Nolan Carroll dropped pick 6 against Cleveland along with Sean opportunity against the Ravens are the ones that stand out the most to me.

ya, smith annoys me. They hyped him so much as a ballhawk coming out of Utah but he cant catch a cold

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm tired of hearing that Smith has ball skills. I've been hearing that for 2 years now.

If one buys the idea that you are what your record says you are, one must also says that about INTs. Smith is not a ballhawk, nor should he be considered one, until he has some INTs under his belt.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Yeah, Smith is just a big DB who can't tackle and now can't catch the ball.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
Yeah, Smith is just a big DB who can't tackle and now can't catch the ball.

In Smith's defense, he has become noticeably more willing to make contact and much better at tackling in the last 3-4 weeks.

My biggest problem with Smith has been his tackling. The propensity to drop easy picks is now my only criticism.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i saw one good tackle out of him against the Jets, the rest are what he usually does, throws his big body in front of them to try and trip em up and usually misses

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

What sucks about the drops with Sean Smith is that in the pre-season of his rookie year, he 1-handed an interception in the end zone against the Saints. We haven't seen his ball skills like that, since then.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I'll take a dropped INT over a big play blown cover....

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wow. I'm not happy with the drops either, but the hate for a man who's played awesomely the past month is amazing.

I'll take the silver lining on this one.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:13 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Wow. I'm not happy with the drops either, but the hate for a man who's played awesomely the past month is amazing.

I'm not aware of anyone in this forum that is hating on SS. ??
Could it be that your confusing people that are fairly criticizing his ball skills with people that have no regard for any part of his game?
It is possible to like a player and still criticize an aspect of his game ya know?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Not hatin on Sean as I think his play has improved, especially his efforts in regards to tackling and being more aggressive in supporting the run. It can get better, but the effort is coming along.

But yes, when a kid is a former WR, I expect the ball skills to be better.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

I'm still not truly comfortable with him as a starter yet. I need to see more on a consistent basis. His tackling has gotten much better, and he can obviously bat down balls, but when they're put right in his hands with nobody between him and the end zone, he contributes to losing games.
Winning teams have corners who make those plays and seal the deal for them.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Could it be that your confusing people that are fairly criticizing his ball skills with people that have no regard for any part of his game?
It is possible to like a player and still criticize an aspect of his game ya know?

OK fine. Your criticism is fair. And guess what, so is ours about Henne. ;o)

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Rock occasionally has reading comprehension problems and often reads things that aren't written.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

If your "criticism" was criticism it would be fair. But it isn't. It's hatred.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

eleaf wrote:

Please don't talk to me about fair criticism. You're the professional excuse maker .... and having a Chad Henne Fathead above your bed leaves you unable to assess fair judgement.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
. and having an Chad Henne Fathead above your bed leaves you unable to assess fair judgement.

.......was that necessary?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Wow, so close to admitting you were wrong, but then you have to add a qualifying comment to it. Keep working on it, someday you may just be able to man up when your wrong and own your own mistakes without the backhanded comments.
:ann0y:

lol

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
. and having an Chad Henne Fathead above your bed leaves you unable to assess fair judgement.

Was it necessary to accuse me of pure hatred? Sorry, my opinions are a little more well-thought out than that.

I've grown tired of you guys calling it hatred and bashing as if it justifies your unrelenting defense of the man. I mean you're talking to a guy who was pro-Henne heading into this year.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Wow, so close to admitting you were wrong, but then you have to add a qualifying comment to it. Keep working on it, someday you may just be able to man up when your wrong and own your own mistakes without the backhanded comments.

lol

No. You obviously don't get the reference. Don't talk to me about manning up. I'm not the one making excuses for players.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

lol

No. You obviously don't get the reference. Don't talk to me about manning up. I'm not the one making excuses for players.

:) Whatever man. You can't even take some good natured ribbing. So take one of these.....

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Was it necessary to accuse me of pure hatred? Sorry, my opinions are a little more well-thought out than that.

Says the guy that just marginalized everyone in this thread who even remotely critiqued SS game.

Rock Sexton wrote:
I've grown tired of you guys calling it hatred and bashing

There are other forums on the internet...... if it tires you so. You can also use the ignore feature; I highly encourage you to.
Rock Sexton wrote:
but the hate for a man who's played awesomely the past month is amazing.

I guess you don't remember making that comment then.

Rock Sexton wrote:
as if it justifies your unrelenting defense of the man.

Im going to assume your not leveling this at me since we've already been down this road and it has been WELL established that I am not unrelenting in my defense of the guy.
Rock Sexton wrote:
I mean you're talking to a guy who was pro-Henne heading into this year.

I think most of us were, and I think most of us are disappointed. The difference in opinion comes down to the differences in what we all view as being fair or unfair criticism. Thats where opinion comes into play.

Last edited by Phin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:

Please don't talk to me about fair criticism. You're the professional excuse maker .... and having a Chad Henne Fathead above your bed leaves you unable to assess fair judgement.

Hey!! It is MY Chad Henne Fathead kid!

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Kind of annoying to think about all the things they do catch like the keys to the Bentley, the Donzi boat, and 10 bedroom homes as the dealers are tossing them into their so called Pro-Football hands; but when it's Sunday and the game is on the line these balls are being dropped.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rick wrote:
Kind of annoying to think about all the things they do catch like the keys to the Bentley, the Donzi boat, and 10 bedroom homes as the dealers are tossing them into their so called Pro-Football hands; but when it's Sunday and the game is on the line these balls are being dropped.

great post! I'm sick of people making excuses for these guys.
It's their job. It's what they do everyday for a living.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rick wrote:

:awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:32 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

ok, several poster here HAVE BEEN HATTING ON SS..swerve13 comes to mind with his post about wanting to stick a football up SS ass....then other brilliant posters continue to tie in a players salary to job performance...ok EINSTIENS SS MAKES 400K A YEAR ON PAY FOR PERFORMANCE HE IS WAY OVER PERFORMING SO STFU !!!....Does he have area's to improve, ie catching the ball....HELL YES!!!...Has he improved on coverage and tackling this year...HELL YES!!!! OVERALL with an average NFL scoring offense... say around 14th or so in scoring we are prob 9-3..easily, so I am pretty comfortable laying the blame for our mediocre record on the offense solely. And that INCLUDES, BUT NOT ONLY HENNE, BUT THE O LINE AS WELL AS THE mediocre RB. the mediocre TE, and way to many drops from the WR's as well....

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphan74 wrote:
ok, several poster here HAVE BEEN HATTING ON SS..swerve13 comes to mind with his post about wanting to stick a football up SS ass....then other brilliant posters continue to tie in a players salary to job performance...ok EINSTIENS SS MAKES 400K A YEAR ON PAY FOR PERFORMANCE HE IS WAY OVER PERFORMING SO STFU !!!....Does he have area's to improve, ie catching the ball....HELL YES!!!...Has he improved on coverage and tackling this year...HELL YES!!!! OVERALL with an average NFL scoring offense... say around 14th or so in scoring we are prob 9-3..easily, so I am pretty comfortable laying the blame for our mediocre record on the offense solely. And that INCLUDES, BUT NOT ONLY HENNE, BUT THE O LINE AS WELL AS THE mediocre RB. the mediocre TE, and way to many drops from the WR's as well....

as if 400K is anything to scoff at???
He's a professional athlete who gets paid a boatload of money to work for about 7 months a year.
He's supposed to intercept passes that hit him between the numbers.
Respect the forum and stop telling people to shut the F up

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphan74 wrote:
EINSTIENS SS MAKES 400K A YEAR ON PAY FOR PERFORMANCE HE IS WAY OVER PERFORMING SO STFU !!!.....

Yea I can't believe you just said "stfu". This is no place for that childish behavior.
And lose the shrillness too.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:05 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Mike Nolan's thoughts on this ....

Quote:
One frustration beyond Nolan's control: the dropped interceptions (18, five by Sean Smith). ``We can't put any more attention on it than we do,'' Nolan said, adding whimsically, ``it reinforces why some guys are on defense and some on offense. We have true defensive players.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/19/1 ... roved.html

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

They flashed a stat during the game today that the Dolphins D has 30 drops this season.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

and Sean Smith is having a terrible game.
I won't be surprised if Nolan Carroll starts next year.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Even when they catch one they drop it.....Sapp makes nice play for an interception and then tries a stupid lateral to Vontae Davis.....fumble....but the Dolphins did recover that one...

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:05 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

but u want to sodomize a player and that is ok ??? 400k is peanuts in the NFL... if you dont like facts sorry charlie...

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]