View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins Talking Points: Paul Soliai deserves a new deal 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins Talking Points: Paul Soliai deserves a new deal
Quote:
by Brian Biggane
Nose tackle Paul Soliai has had some great games this year, but Sunday he more than held his own against Jets All-Pro center Nick Mangold. His contract status is a good jumping off point for our Monday talking points:

1. The Dolphins need to get Soliai extended before the season is over.

Karlos Dansby’s face lit up when he was asked about the play of Soliai after Sunday’s game.

“He’s a monster, man,” he replied. “I love big Paul. He plays out of this world. He keeps guys off me and Channing (Crowder), gives us lanes to run through and make tackles in the backfield. I made a couple today because of his presence in the middle.”

On Sunday he was credited with three tackles, a sack, two tackles for loss and a quarterback hurry. That would be solid against anybody; against Mangold it was a statement game.
Soliai’s contract is up at the end of the year, and while the Dolphins don’t figure to lose him, they should stop stalling and just go ahead and give him the extension he’s earned.

2. The Dolphins’ next two games are no gimmes.

Optimists among Dolfans point to the two upcoming home games against a pair of 3-8 teams, Buffalo and Detroit, as easy wins, thus putting Miami in position to be playing for a playoff berth when it travels to New England on Jan. 2.

Not so fast. For one, Buffalo just beat a Cleveland team that Miami lost to last week. Unlike Miami of late, the Bills have been getting solid quarterbacking from Ryan Fitzpatrick, and they turned in a strong defensive effort Sunday, stuffing Peyton Hillis on back-to-back plays after the Browns had moved to a second-and-goal at the 2 and forcing them to kick a field goal, then taking control of the game.

Detroit is another improving team. ...

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -new-deal/

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins Talking Points: Paul Soliai deserves a new deal
He'll get a new deal, but I'm not sure it'll get done before a new labor agreement. It's hard to offer up money when we have no idea what the cap structure will look like after this season.

Ireland and Sparano need to make it clear they want him but that they need time to understand what a new agreement and what their financial obligations are before they can commit to a specific figure.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins Talking Points: Paul Soliai deserves a new deal
Once it is the right time, I agree they should lock Soliai up for a few more years. he has earned this right for sure.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]