View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 ASK MIKE: Is the Wildcat wrecking Chad Henne’s rhythm? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post ASK MIKE: Is the Wildcat wrecking Chad Henne’s rhythm?
Quote:
by: Mike Berardino December 14th, 2010 | 9:55 AM Back from the Meadowlands swamp and wondering how Sal Alosi managed to keep his job while Woody Hayes, once upon a time, lost his …

Q: These Miami fans are delusional. They hate Chad Henne for no reason. They claim he shows no emotion, no leader-like qualities. Number 1, the camera doesn’t show us everything. Number 2, Chad Henne laced a beautiful, 30-yard pass to Fasano down the midde of the field, and than ran down the field pumping his fist and yelling, really feeling the game and showing the emotion fans have been begging for. Then, inexplicably, Dan Henning calls a Wildcat play, taking Henne out of the game, screwing up the obvious rhythm that was built. I’m all for the WC. That’s not Henning’s problem. It’s that he doesn’t feel his players and has no idea about situational play-calling. He doesn’t read his players and go off of them. He has a system and follows the system to a T. He can’t adapt throughout a game. Henne isn’t a robot. Henning is, and it shows through Henne. The WC play gained 2 yards and then [two plays later] Henne fumbled the [fake] handoff. Chad’s issue isn’t lack of skills, it’s lack of a good playcaller. Henning is terrible. Everyone ignores it because they don’t know football, they don’t see Henning on the field. They’ll blame Henning, but call for Henne’s head in the same breath. That sequence I laid out is the tape I give to Henning to show why we fired him. Brett Yarris, Purchase, N.Y.

A: Great point about yanking Henne after a big completion. That drives me nuts as well, and I made an issue of it as early as November 2009, Henne’s second month as the starter. Sunday, it also happened two other times in the first quarter. After Henne hit Davone Bess for 6 yards to the Jets’ 20, out went Henne, in came the Wildcat, and Ronnie Brown was stopped for a gain of 1. After Henne found Brandon Marshall for 10 yards on third and 3, back came the ‘Cat: Ronnie kept over right guard for 3 yards on first and goal from the 9. The Dolphins still managed to get into the end zone on that possession, but it took a third-and-goal pass from Henne to Marshall – yes, a Marshall TD! – to make it happen. In all Sunday, six snaps for the Wildcat for 11 yards rushing, one incompletion (a Marshall drop) and a 10-yard holding penalty on Jake Long that negated all but 1 yard of the package. And keep in mind, Henne only completed five passes all day. Just once was Henne given a chance to follow a completion with another on the next play — getting sacked and losing a fumble midway through the second quarter.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... hythm.html

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:22 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: ASK MIKE: Is the Wildcat wrecking Chad Henne’s rhythm?
Been saying this for years now. The answer is YES.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd really like to see what Henne does with a different OC so we can start to get some clarity on this Henne vs Henning issue.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:

Most definitely.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Henne needs to show me something before I declare him the starter next year. Even with a new OC.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yes it disrupts his rhythm. I am not ready to give up on Henne yet. I really would love to see him be allowed and encouraged to attack defenses and win games passing instead of the role of care taker. I feel like he is handcuffed with a very predictable offensive game plan, a sub par running game and an underwhelming offensive line.

With that being said, he looks scared and indecisive on passing plays that take time to develop. I hope he improves in recognizing the weaknesses in the defense and gains the confidence to step up and let it fly quicker. And stops staring down his intended target.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:

amazing how nobody listened until its in print.
however his benching might wreck him as well , at least with us.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
I'd really like to see what Henne does with a different OC so we can start to get some clarity on this Henne vs Henning issue.

I totally agree, my only Christmas wish is for a new YOUNG OC, well and a set of golf clubs. I want to see what Henne does with an INTELLIGENT play caller. If he sucks then, I will be the first to admit. I am certain 85% of Henne's problems are from Henning.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:56 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Quote:
These Miami fans are delusional. They hate Chad Henne for no reason. They claim he shows no emotion, no leader-like qualities
The same thing was said about Eli Manning.

Disclaimer: This is not the suggest Henne & Manning either.

It just to say that people fence jump on the results. If Miami was winning & Henne was playing great they would be praising his calm cool demeanor.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]