View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 So I am watching the Hou vs Ravens game... 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post So I am watching the Hou vs Ravens game...
And there is one play that stood out to me. Schaub is in his own endzone and throws an ill-advised pass to a covered Owen Daniels. I am thinking it's a pick for sure. The ball is thrown behind Daniels and it may have been the defender who tipped it, but it was tipped and Daniels makes the catch behind him and picks up 31 yards on what could have been a tipped INT. SO I am thinking, why is it when a ball is thrown anywhere but directly in the hands of our WRs, it is tipped ? Several of Henne's picks happened exactly this way. I have all the games TIVO'd, I am going to go see how many of Henne's INTs were not his fault, but the fault of the WR. I know at least 5 I can think of right now. Point is, GOOD WRs make plays on the less than perfect throws, most of the time ours don't.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: So I am watching the Hou vs Ravens game...
Stirring up a hornet's nest here.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
And there is one play that stood out to me. Schaub is in his own endzone and throws an ill-advised pass to a covered Owen Daniels. I am thinking it's a pick for sure. The ball is thrown behind Daniels and it may have been the defender who tipped it, but it was tipped and Daniels makes the catch behind him and picks up 31 yards on what could have been a tipped INT. SO I am thinking, why is it when a ball is thrown anywhere but directly in the hands of our WRs, it is tipped ? Several of Henne's picks happened exactly this way. I have all the games TIVO'd, I am going to go see how many of Henne's INTs were not his fault, but the fault of the WR. I know at least 5 I can think of right now. Point is, GOOD WRs make plays on the less than perfect throws, most of the time ours don't.

If you want to accuse of receivers of not being able to catch, you're barking up the wrong tree. All 3 of our guys (Marshall, Bess, and Hartline) have great hands. Wallace and Moore I'm not sold on.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Im ready for the Ravens D to punch BB & TB in the mouth in Jan.... It will be a nice dessert after the main coarse of the Jets emploding themselves right out of the playoffs...

WOOHOOO

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:14 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

eleaf wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

If you want to accuse of receivers of not being able to catch, you're barking up the wrong tree. All 3 of our guys (Marshall, Bess, and Hartline) have great hands. Wallace and Moore I'm not sold on.

I am telling you that our WRs can catch, as long as they don't have to jump, stretch, twist or otherwise exert themselves unnecessarily. more often than not, they will tip the pass. I am rewatching the games right now.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:

Again as discussed before, defenders have stated they know Henne had a tendency to release the ball low so there are many tipped balls. It's not by accident. Regardless his ball placement is so erratic (underthrow/overthrow) that WR's are being asked to make a play too much.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:43 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Did shaub throw a pick 6 to seal the game in overtime?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

dolphinjim wrote:
eleaf wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

I am telling you that our WRs can catch, as long as they don't have to jump, stretch, twist or otherwise exert themselves unnecessarily. more often than not, they will tip the pass. I am rewatching the games right now.

The Henne worship is going overboard here. He's either a backup or gone next season.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
[b]The Henne worship is going overboard here. He's either a backup or gone next season[/
b]

voice of reason . :yay:

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:29 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

eleaf wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Marshall has 9 drops this year, 2 off the NFL lead. I would not consider those great hands.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Junkie Says: The Henne worship is going overboard here. He's either a backup or gone next season.

Man, besides a posting like the one above, you would think some of these posters are kin to Henne the way they take the forum opinions so personal when you bring up flaws in Henne's game.

As far as I am concerned and IMO, Henne just doesn't play smart consistently and I am so tired of we have no running game, poor blocking, receivers drop too many balls....I agree completely that "some" NFL QB's have taken into year 4 or 5 to blossom and Henne is only 25 years old and is in his 3rd year, blah, blah, blah. All I care about is him managing games smarter, hit the passes that he does have proper protection and when receivers get wide open.

I want the guy to do well, I really do, but he has been playing QB since pop warner, played at a major College football program and started for four years in front of 100,000 stadium crowds and against some of the very best division 1 talent. I keep hearing all this bragging about his "arm strength" and yet, why is it that he cannot consistenly hit throws that he should he make? People want to coddle him, nahhh, he is a big boy and can take the lumps of the fans opinions and it is simple, play smarter and better football and you will take less lumps from the fans.

I am being critical, but it is deserving as I am not grasping to make this up. The QB for better or worse takes the brunt of the blame just like a major league baseball pitcher. They are the field General and Henne has won a few battles here and there, which I really appreciate, but until he leads us through and wins a war in this league, I wont be sold on him.

I sure hope year 4 is his breakout year and not fall into the abyss as Junkie predicts.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]